Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    All-American

Default NCAA National Softball Championship Tournament

In the first game Tennessee beat Arizona 1 to 0. Please remember this is double elimination until the final 2 are left and then they will play a best of 2 out 3 games to determine the final national champion and all 8 teams are capable and anything can happen.

Go Sinton Pirates and Lady Pirates! I also like old movies like "Dawn at Socorro." I also like the Tour de France. I like the Pelican West Band located at South Padre Island, Texas. Phil is PhiI is Bill is the compassion police. He is also the Sinton Matador. Some call him the Sinton Prophet. {Also Captain Obvious. } BEWARE OF THE HOWLING BEAR! He's going for the Corner - he's got it! Roy Orbison rules.
    Phil C Cares!

Brahma73

Default Teams

I haven't kept up since my Lady Ags were defeated. Who are the final 8 teams?

All-American

TEXAS
    Michigan
    Alabama
    UCLA
    Cal
    Arizona
    Tennessee
    DePaul

Congrats to Cat Osterman who was named POY for softball...the first player to ever win it twice.
    All-Time Series Record: 60-43-5

Alumnus:

Gainesville Leopards
    The University of Texas (B.S.)
    West Texas A&M University (M.A.)
    University of Nebraska (future Ph.D)

Tennessee, Arizona, UCLA, Cal, Texas, Alabama, Michigan, and DePaul

oh whoops....when i hit the reply button KTJ hadnt answered the question yet

All-American

Game 2 was also a close one as UCLA beat California 2 to 1.

Go Sinton Pirates and Lady Pirates! I also like old movies like "Dawn at Socorro." I also like the Tour de France. I like the Pelican West Band located at South Padre Island, Texas. Phil is PhiI is Bill is the compassion police. He is also the Sinton Matador. Some call him the Sinton Prophet. {Also Captain Obvious. } BEWARE OF THE HOWLING BEAR! He's going for the Corner - he's got it! Roy Orbison rules.
    Phil C Cares!

All-American

Texas wins against Alabama, 3-0.

Alumnus:

Gainesville Leopards

All-American

Heck yes!
    **<Current Month> Hot Girl of the Month**

AggieJohn

go big 12

All-American

Tomorrow is officialy Showdown Friday. The #1 team in the Nation versus the #1 pitcher in the Nation.

Texas vs. Michigan - 9 pm on ESPN2.

Also, Tennessee plays UCLA. Tennessee has never, ever been to the WCWS so it will be interesting to see them play against UCLA, who pretty much has owned softball since it began play.

Alumnus:

Gainesville Leopards

All-American

The games today are important for the winners because they will have a day off tomorrow. The losers will have to play tomorrow in what is often called elimination Saturday since all the teams playing have lost at least one game and one more loss and you go home. Four teams will be out after tomorrow. Two more will be eliminated Sunday leaving the final two to play a best two out of three series.

Phil C Cares!

rhs78

Cool

Way to go Lady Horns,Cat pitched a great game,17 K's. She will need to dupilcate that today if possible. The lady's offense needs to get started a little earlier today and take a little pressure off of Cat.

Exclamation Texas down 2-0 vs. Michigan

Can't believe their RPG avg!! 2.2 when Cat is pitching! They need some base runners!!

All-American

Michigan whips Texas 4 to 0. Texas now has to beat the winner of the Cal - Az game and if they pull that off they have to beat UCLA twice on Sunday. A tough task indeed. UCLA pulled off similar circumstances two years ago after losing to Cal 7 to 2 on Friday but they had the hitters which Texas doesn't this year.

Phil C Cares!

All-American

Even though Texas won I still think CAT is the best pitcher but the Michigan pitcher is great too but if they exchanged teams it would have been the same score. Michigan has hitters. The first Texas batter got a hit and got on first base but that was their only hit of the game. You can't win that way. Michigan has the easiest rode to the finals now which doesn't always work out since you can ask Texas what happened two years ago. Texas needs to work on their batting this off season and get where they can hit. They have the potential but they got to produce and that will only come with hard work.

Phil C Cares!