Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    pirate44

Default Krispy Kreme outlets will be giving away free doughnuts on 3 June 2005.

ALL HAIL NATIONAL DONUT DAY!!!!

Could there be a sweeter day of the year? On Friday, June 3rd, Krispy Kreme Doughnuts, Inc. (NYSE: KKD - News) celebrates National Doughnut Day by offering customers a free doughnut of their choice in participating stores throughout the U.S.

National Doughnut Day was established in 1938 by the Chicago Salvation Army to raise much-needed funds during the Great Depression and to honor the work of World War I Salvation Army volunteers who prepared doughnuts for thousands of soldiers. National Doughnut Day is celebrated annually on the first Friday in June.

"National Doughnut Day is a perfect time for us to give a little something back to our loyal customers throughout the country," said Stan Parker, Senior Vice President of Marketing for Krispy Kreme. "It's also a great opportunity to build awareness and acknowledge the continued good work of the Salvation Army."

BTEXDAD

You ruined my day by telling me that, pirate. There are no Krispy Kreme shops in Bellville.
    Guess I'll just have to pick up a couple sausage biscuits.

We don't have them here either. But I have had one before, I wasn't that impressed!

rhs78

Cool

Their just doughnuts and i don't see why everyone thinks they are the best. they are good but not worth the price (6-7dollars for glazed dozen) to rich for my blood and you usually have to wait in line.

PurpleFreddy

Well, they are the best I've ever had. And if you've ever been to one of their stores where you can get them hot, they are even better. Expensive? Yes. Worth it? In my opinion, yes. But, hey, some people don't like Starbucks coffee, either. Just a taste thing.

Bandera YaYa

Yummmmmmmmmmmmm.....they are the best......and I know just where one is close by.....well 30 miles close!!! RM, you need to go get one fresh off the conveyor belt, in their store....melts right in your mouth!!!! Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh......

Administrator/Owner LH Panther Mom's Avatar

Originally posted by Bandera YaYa
    Yummmmmmmmmmmmm.....they are the best......and I know just where one is close by.....well 30 miles close!!! RM, you need to go get one fresh off the conveyor belt, in their store....melts right in your mouth!!!! Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh......
    We don't have a store, but one of our 73 convenience stores has them brought in each morning. Hubby's research discovered that he can almost recreate the "hot off the belt" freshness by reheating in the microwave for 8 seconds. I'm not sure how many he tested before coming up with this....I was a little afraid to ask.
    Quick side! Strong side! Crank up the Machine!

pirate44

i agree they are the best, but i dont discriminate. im an equal opportunity donut eater.

I'm with YaYa!! I love them especially when that "HOT" sign is on. mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm - sugar heaven!!

spiveyrat

Originally posted by Ranger Mom
    We don't have them here either. But I have had one before, I wasn't that impressed!
    Was it warm? They HAVE to be warm and fresh. If they aren't, they're just another donut.
    Last edited by spiveyrat; 06-02-2005 at 09:51 AM.

pirate44

whatever happened to that donut flavored milkshake/smoothie krispy kreme was introducing? anyone try it?

Administrator/Owner LH Panther Mom's Avatar

Originally posted by pirate44
    whatever happened to that donut flavored milkshake/smoothie krispy kreme was introducing? anyone try it?
    I never tried one. I do know the "health-nuts" jumped all over that one. Once the scoop was out, it most likely had a quick demise.
    Quick side! Strong side! Crank up the Machine!

spiveyrat

Originally posted by pirate44
    Haven't heard of that. I'd try one if I could find one.

Krispy Kreme the BEST???

HEY Y'ALL!! THE EMPEROR IS NEKID!!!!

Their donuts are skinny and the glazing breaks into chunks and falls off!!

Bandera YaYa

Originally posted by Phantom Stang
    Krispy Kreme the BEST???

HEY Y'ALL!! THE EMPEROR IS NEKID!!!!

Their donuts are skinny and the glazing breaks into chunks and falls off!!
    ..and falls off right into my mouth......................ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhh.....