Thread: Dctf?

Default Dctf?

Whens it gonna hit the new stands?

All-American BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END's Avatar

Not sure when the Holy Book of Football hits the stands....Hopefully soon.
    Official F.A.N.T.O.M. Liaison to Big XII Football, In Charge of Heavy Lifting

I Can Crush You Mentally and Physically

All-American

That book gets worse and worse each year.
    All-Time Series Record: 60-43-5

Alumnus:

Gainesville Leopards
    The University of Texas (B.S.)
    West Texas A&M University (M.A.)
    University of Nebraska (future Ph.D)

Default Re: Dctf?

Originally posted by Gsquared
    Whens it gonna hit the new stands?
    I think the end of June.

Seems like it gets later and later every year

PurpleFreddy

Nah, it's about the same time. And for those who think the magazine gets "worse and worse" each year, I challenge you to try to get 1,100 coaches to fill out a questionnaire and return it. How exactly is it worse? If I were to go back 10 years and look at the 1995 edition of the magazine, how would it be better?

Originally posted by PurpleFreddy
    Nah, it's about the same time. And for those who think the magazine gets "worse and worse" each year, I challenge you to try to get 1,100 coaches to fill out a questionnaire and return it. How exactly is it worse? If I were to go back 10 years and look at the 1995 edition of the magazine, how would it be better?
    I think it's great.....maybe not always accurate, but with predictions, what do you expect??

I took mine to the meet and greet at Inks lake last year....evidently the people that were there from Burnet hadn't been able to get their hands on one yet.

Oh the compliments I received!! "Can I get you a drink, Ranger Mom?" "Do you want anything to eat?" "Do you wanna sit here in the shade?" "Can I look at your magazine?"

When I finally let them pry it out of my hands, my glass ran dry, my shade turned to sun, and they didn't even notice.

So now I am left with the question....."did they like me for ME or my magazine"??

Bandera YaYa

Originally posted by Ranger Mom
    I think it's great.....maybe not always accurate, but with predictions, what do you expect??

I took mine to the meet and greet at Inks lake last year....evidently the people that were there from Burnet hadn't been able to get their hands on one yet.

Oh the compliments I received!! "Can I get you a drink, Ranger Mom?" "Do you want anything to eat?" "Do you wanna sit here in the shade?" "Can I look at your magazine?"

When I finally let them pry it out of my hands, my glass ran dry, my shade turned to sun, and they didn't even notice.

So now I am left with the question....."did they like me for ME or my magazine"??
    Awwwww RangerMom..........it's tough at the top....everyone wants to knock you down....you just needed a person -in-waiting to weed out those ( ( ) kissers!!!

All-American District303aPastPlayer's Avatar

i liked the story of the TJT/Plano East game last year... great to read up on a great game.

"...I never wanna see you cry... and I never wanna tell her lies..."

I remember not finding it until July in 1998, and remember it coming out in July (not just at a Wal Mart near me, but PERIOD) the next two or so years...

My education teaches me that June is before July, and that June is 'earlier' than July, meaning it comes out earlier, not later...

And so what if they're not right, how else would we know for 'sure' how many players are returning? What was their record? Who do coaches feel are their top prospects? How fast are they? And the list goes on and on and on...

Yah, you can get that info from here... But on the internet, where a guy's 40 speed can improve from 5.2 to 4.5 in however long it takes you to backspace, why not trust the coach's word?

All-American

can't wait to get it...
    STATE CHAMPIONS 1973, 1974, 1987
    STATE FINALISTS 1970, 1975, 1985
    1986, 1993, 1998, 2004

All-State

I still enjoy "The Book". No place else can provide so much data. Sometimes it's skewed, but it's still a good source.

I still have every single copy since 1966 and go back and check out old "stuff" all the time. The Mrs. doesn't really care for me keeping all those old mags that collect dust!