Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    *** Ejected Player ***

Default Crawford Athletics

Crawford is OVER-RATED! It is rumored that Crawford recruits their players. Now that BUSH lives in that arm pit of a town, the A.D. figures he can get an athlete he desires.
    Crawford Pirates=OVER RATED

Has anybody else heard this rumor?

*** Ejected Player *** HighSchool Fan's Avatar

Default Re: Crawford Athletics

Originally posted by Over-rated2004
    Crawford is OVER-RATED! It is rumored that Crawford recruits their players. Now that BUSH lives in that arm pit of a town, the A.D. figures he can get an athlete he desires.

no, people are just hating on them since they won the state championship last year.

*** Ejected Player ***

I disagree! They go from winning two to three games a year. And now winning state in football and probally baseball. Hummm somthing just don't sound right.

I disagree! They go from winning two to three games a year. And now winning state in football and probally baseball. Hummm somthing just don't sound right.
    something don't sound right?? listen a little longer and you will hear the sound of jealousy

rhs78

i have not heard of a rumor, but i have seen lots of programs being turned around and winning,its not unheard of!!! thats probably is what has happen at Crawford,they also started using rightguard!!!!!

Administrator/Owner LH Panther Mom's Avatar

1) Winning a state championship does not make a team OVER-RATED!
    2) I doubt very seriously the AD gives a hoot who lives there.

Until proven otherwise, rumor is all it is. As rhs78 said, plenty of programs have turn-around seasons. Look at Cameron's '03 & '04 seasons. Look at Liberty Hill's seasons prior to 2001. I could do a little research & provide numerous examples. I suggest you don't continue with this.
    Quick side! Strong side! Crank up the Machine!

Back when I was in HS (eight years ago) Sinton was just getting its football program up and running again. They had a good tradition but up until my senior year they were one of the bottom-feeders of the district. Then they got things rolling during the '97 season with a little playoff run and look at where it's taken them.

Another example, one that's even better than Sinton, is Mathis. My senior year they were the worst 3A team in the Corpus Christi area. Undisciplined, lazy and lacking any heart whatsoever. Two years later they made it to the State Championship (with many of the same players) almost exclusively on being disciplined, hard-working and having more heart than just about any team they played. It's just too bad they didn't have enough talent to match up with Liberty-Eylau in the finals. You'd be surprised at what a little change in attitude can do. If the kids come to love hard work you can do just about anything you want with them. That Mathis team had maybe three college prospects vs. a Liberty-Eylau team with at least six (two of which were D-1 material).
    Last edited by big daddy russ; 05-31-2005 at 10:05 AM.
    F.A.N.T.O.M. CEO

All-American

This has to be the dumbest post I've ever seen on this board.

So because they go from winning 3-4 games a year to winning a State Championship means they are recruiting? By that logic, everyone who turns their season around to go deep in the playoffs must be cheating. And it also sounds like a.) you are jealous because they beat you knocking you out of the playoffs, b.) you're 7 years old, and c.) you think that they must always win 3-4 games a year and can/should never improve.
    All-Time Series Record: 60-43-5

Alumnus:

Gainesville Leopards
    The University of Texas (B.S.)
    West Texas A&M University (M.A.)
    University of Nebraska (future Ph.D)

Originally posted by KTJ
    you think that they must always win 3-4 games a year and can/should never improve.
    that's whitesboro

Passages-Malibu recovering from a HS football addiction

Who cares, it's Class A. Last time I checked this was the 3A Downlown. Get a life and get over it, or better yet if you can't beat 'em join 'em. Then you can be OVER-RATED with them.
    F.A.N.T.O.M. El Presidente
    AKA "El Guapo"
    The greatest dirt waterer to ever live!
    Don't argue with an idiot, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience. - Thanks for that one 44!

AggieJohn

Originally posted by KTJ

So because they go from winning 3-4 games a year to winning a State Championship means they are recruiting? By that logic, everyone who turns their season around to go deep in the playoffs must be cheating. And it also sounds like a.) you are jealous because they beat you knocking you out of the playoffs, b.) you're 7 years old, and c.) you think that they must always win 3-4 games a year and can/should never improve.

i'm going with option B for the rook

All-American

OVER-RATED!
    That is what you and your post are, nevermind, you're just plain ignorant.
    **<Current Month> Hot Girl of the Month**

All-American bullfrog_alumni_02's Avatar

Originally posted by KTJ
    i agree.

All-District

i've got some firends that moved for Cameron to Crawford and they are some super studs at sports and they weren't even on Varsity. They say because of a very talented Sr. class this last year. There may be a drop-off this year however. and it AA
    1934,36,46,47,48,51,54,64,65,66,67,74,75,78,81,82, 83,84,85,86,87,
    89,90,91,92,93,96,97,98,2000,01,02,04,05,06,07,10, 11,12,13

1981, 2012, 2013 State Champions
    660 All-Time Victories

All-American

Originally posted by c-town_balla
    i've got some firends that moved for Cameron to Crawford and they are some super studs at sports and they weren't even on Varsity. They say because of a very talented Sr. class this last year. There may be a drop-off this year however. and it AA
    You don't have any friends Nick, j/k
    **<Current Month> Hot Girl of the Month**