Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    All-American

Default Fire Ants- What's your remedy?

Need help on ridding my place of fire ants......

*** Ejected Player *** HighSchool Fan's Avatar

go buy an aardvark

MOVE , no seriously, my husband puts the AMDRO bait on the mounds but the secret is to make sure your neighbor does it at the same time, otherwise, the ants just keep moving back and forth

Isn't it strange that after a bombing everyone blames the Crazy Azz bomber(s), but after a shooting the problem is the gun?

lepfan

How funny, I read this post and MOVE was the first thing that popped into my head. The only thing you can do is to out poison your neighbors. That way they stay in their yards

Originally posted by 44INAROW
    MOVE , no seriously, my husband puts the AMDRO bait on the mounds but the secret is to make sure your neighbor does it at the same time, otherwise, the ants just keep moving back and forth
    AMDRO is what we always use too...my daddy swears by it!

All-American

Spit one time on the pile and put poison and it will be gone...
    **<Current Month> Hot Girl of the Month**

lepfan

Originally posted by Tiger WR
    Spit one time on the pile and put poison and it will be gone...
    You been hanging out with YaYa?

Originally posted by lepfan
    LOL!!

I'll throw in a me-too on Amdro. However, if you have more than a few dens, you may be better off hiring an exterminator.

All-American

Amdro works!

here is a good ole East Texas remedy..find a bunch of woodants, spiders and scorpions and put them on the fire ant pile..a HUGE battle will ensue..the fire ants will win, but if you do it 2 or 3 days in a row ( it willbe real fun to watch) and the fire ants move out..and if they do not move, at least it is fun to watch the battles LOL..nothing like seeing 3 or 4 scorpions try to take on a whole fire ant bed.
    Sideline To Sideline Show Each Week at https://lonestargridiron.com/categor...-to-sideline//

All-State

AMDRO or something to cancel the reproductive ability usually works. BUT, you must continue a program. In my coastal field we hit them spring and fall. Hit the perimeter hard and you can hop scotch the middle. They will travel 15-20 feet to haul goodies to their queen.

All-District

Amdro is the answer but it is all in how you put it out. It is a petroleum based product in the granules so you cannot let it get hot. Buy it at Wal-Mart and keep it in you air conditioned car until you get home. Bring it straight into your air condtioned house. Late in the evening when it is cool, take a small hand held fertilizer spreader and walk the perimeter of your yard and put out a very fine amount of the granules. This will be like a "fence". Inside the perimeter, walk around and sporadically distribute small amounts of the granules. Don't put it directly on a mound or even in the area. It is a bait. The ants will find it. 30 minutes later you can go out to a mound and see them taking the granules back into the mound. Three days later, no ants. It really works when you put it out this way. The heat is the killer.

Good judgement comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgement.

All-American

Originally posted by lepfan
    Yea right, I just spit on the piles by the practice field and they're always gone by the next day...

AMDRO is what we use...and it works VERY well, but for fun, ill kick the mound and stir up the ants, then spray gasoline on it and then light it, while its burning ill grap one of those cans of hairspray and hold it down and use it like a blow torch......reason why i know this is cool is cuz i did id about an hour ago while i was mowing in the backyard, but i didnt let my mom see cuz she would get pissed if she saw me using her hairspray like that haha

Official 'Ham' of F.A.N.T.O.M.