Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: We're screwed

All-District

Default We're screwed

Cuero will be the pre-season #1 in Dave Campbell Texas Football magazine. This is according to the writers from the magazine who are conducting the interviews of all of the head coaches.

Talk about a target on your back. Remember last year? 5 #1's in 5 weeks.

Good judgement comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgement.

yeah...thats not good for yall

Haunta Yo

Let's see DCTF'#1 ranking has been right 50 times in the last 45 years....

They basically get 1 of the #1s right. In 2003 they went 0-6.
    Maybe you'll be one of the six, but odds are against the #1.

If history's any indicator, their picking you #1 makes Cuero the ultimate underdog!

Cuero broke the AP curse of losing after being ranked #1 last year, hopefully we can do it again this year

Isn't it strange that after a bombing everyone blames the Crazy Azz bomber(s), but after a shooting the problem is the gun?

All-American

Just play every game harder knowing they are out to knock you off.
    **<Current Month> Hot Girl of the Month**

Cuero's gunna play like Cuero this year no matter what...

I'd say we're screwed, but judging by what I've heard and seen, this year's a tad better than last year...

Do it, Guys!

All-American

Word round this way is that you guys have a move-in from Houston???
    All-Time Series Record: 60-43-5

Alumnus:

Gainesville Leopards
    The University of Texas (B.S.)
    West Texas A&M University (M.A.)
    University of Nebraska (future Ph.D)

Originally posted by KTJ
    Word round this way is that you guys have a move-in from Houston???
    His family is from Cuero, he has 'come back home' so to speak...

All-American

If Cuero has LaTreal Cooper they go 15-0 and beat Wylie by 2 TD's in the state title game...I thought it was amazing they lost someone as valuable as him in the season opening scrimmage and still went 14-1 with Cooper 100% Cuero is gonna be a hard team to stop

All-American

Once again, we will have to prove ourselves each week. We will be criticized by all that we are not worthy of being #1 and some other team should be. It always happens, but we did not choose to be #1, we were picked by those magazine writers. We just need to take care of business from the get-go. I believe as long as were healthy, we can maintain that #1 position...just have to wait and see...Good Luck to all...and can't wait for football to began...

GO MEAN GREEN
    STATE CHAMPIONS 1973, 1974, 1987
    STATE FINALISTS 1970, 1975, 1985
    1986, 1993, 1998, 2004

Originally posted by Matthew328
    If Cuero has LaTreal Cooper they go 15-0 and beat Wylie by 2 TD's in the state title game...I thought it was amazing they lost someone as valuable as him in the season opening scrimmage and still went 14-1 with Cooper 100% Cuero is gonna be a hard team to stop
    You should see our starting linebacker from last year who only played one game due to a neck injury... we'll get him back as well...

I'm still a tad worried about the offensive line... but I have to have faith...

All-American

Curses, bad luck, etc..... Hey guys, ghosts aren't real.
    Talent trumps all, and from what I hear on this board is that Cuero has loads of it.
    Go ahead and let DCTF make Cuero number one. Don't blame the magazine, they realize who's got the best talent (on paper) than anybody in the state. Now go out and prove it.

All-American

Plus they got a lot of good sophomores that will be on the varisty probably.

Go Sinton Pirates and Lady Pirates! I also like old movies like "Dawn at Socorro." I also like the Tour de France. I like the Pelican West Band located at South Padre Island, Texas. Phil is PhiI is Bill is the compassion police. He is also the Sinton Matador. Some call him the Sinton Prophet. {Also Captain Obvious. } BEWARE OF THE HOWLING BEAR! He's going for the Corner - he's got it! Roy Orbison rules.
    Phil C Cares!

Originally posted by Phil C
    Plus they got a lot of good sophomores that will be on the varisty probably.
    Man. #1 ?
    "GO MEAN GREEN"
    When we're bad, we're good. When we're good, we're BAD !
    767-380-38

All-District

Cooper is still looking doubtful. A long rehab and then a screwed up operation to take out some screws has really set him back. He is just now walking after the second operation. Sixty days to two a days and he hasn't run in 10 months. It's not for lack of trying. Everything is a setback. Franchione was in school a couple of weeks ago to check on him. Supposedly the A&M offer is still on the table.
    We've got Olguin at tailback. Two gold medals at state. Moving Rudd from tight end to fullback. 4.8 forty. Oklahoma showing interest. James is looking good at wide receiver. 21.25 200 meters at state. Noack looking sharp at QB. All of the skill positions appear to be in good shape. Got to find 5-7 quality linemen. Hard to replace last years crop.
    Defense will be fast, fast, fast. No one goes wide. No one comes up the middle.

Good judgement comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgement.