Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Junior Varsity

Default 3A softball matchups in Austin

La Grange v. Van at 7:30pm on Thursday

Columbia v. Pilot Point at 8:30am on Friday

softball_mom

Go Columbia!!!! Get well Cami.....we need you!

BTEXDAD

Originally posted by softball_mom
    Go Columbia!!!! Get well Cami.....we need you!
    What's wrong with Cami, the pitcher, mom?

softball_mom

Unhappy

She played Thursday night with a fever. Doc said its a virus. But she is no better today. Temp is 104.

All-American

**<Current Month> Hot Girl of the Month**

All-American

Still time to rest and be ready by game time.

Go Sinton Pirates and Lady Pirates! I also like old movies like "Dawn at Socorro." I also like the Tour de France. I like the Pelican West Band located at South Padre Island, Texas. Phil is PhiI is Bill is the compassion police. He is also the Sinton Matador. Some call him the Sinton Prophet. {Also Captain Obvious. } BEWARE OF THE HOWLING BEAR! He's going for the Corner - he's got it! Roy Orbison rules.
    Phil C Cares!

This is not 3-A, but I gotta give props to my 2-A alma mater...the Coahoma Bulldogettes.

They are making their 7th appearance at the State Championship game (which according to the paper is the most for any team in any class)!

Congrats girls!!
    Last edited by Ranger Mom; 05-30-2005 at 01:17 PM.

rhs78

Cool

Good luck to the Lady Leps bring it home for R-3.

All-American

Originally posted by rhs78
    Good luck to the Lady Leps bring it home for R-3.
    Good luck to the other 19-3a representative
    **<Current Month> Hot Girl of the Month**

Starter

I'll cast my vote for 25-AAA.......four real good teams which made each other battle tested for playoffs and a run for the title.
    Good luck Lady Necks!!!!
    AMC Lady Tigers -- Back to Back 12-AAAAA Champions!
    Regional Semi-finalists (28-11)

Dugoutcoach

Default "Carrying the banner"

I'm with you, 18! , just as the Wharton Lady Tigers represented 25-AAA in Austin for the Final Four the last two years, the Lady Necks are this year carrying our district banner to "The Ship" in very determined fashion! GOOD LUCK!

Iknowalot

I'm also with you 18, brotha!! But, I guess that you aren't getting any respect from the Necks because they talk about how tough this district was and never mention the fact that you lost 6-5 in WC and beat them 9-0 in Sweeny.

“No doubt in my mind that we have the toughest district in Region IV,” Murphy said. “Wharton has gone to the state tourney the last two years and we met Needville in the regional final. You definitely can’t say (we) are in a weak district.”

Why doesn't anyone state that the Sweeny game was the best wake up call they could have had all year? Almost makes me want to cheer against them, but my kids played for the Necks years ago and I graduated from there, so even though my loyality is a little split because I'm related to 18, but I still have to cheer for my alma mater.

softball_mom

OMG......let it go!!!!! I'm so sick of SWEENY people bringing that game up! Yes we got our A$$ kicked by them. Ok are you happy? But if anyone has seen us play they know that it was a very bad game for the girls!(my daughter pitched that game it was a very hard game for her) She went to Sweeny when she was younger and both parents grad. from Sweeny. She has lots of friends still in Sweeny and they can all tell you that was not her best showing. But she is very young and I hope she learned alot from that night. And we know Sweeny had a good team...just came up a few runs short. I'm very proud of the WC young team this year. They have did more than anyone every thought they could. And they have a lot of passion for the sport and each other. Hang in there Cami dont let a lil pneumonia slow you down. Go pitch your heart out! And Good Luck LADY NECKS put West Columbia on the map!

Letterman

Yes that night in Sweeny served as a wakeup call for both the WC softball team and baseball team...both teams got beat that night by sweeny teams that played well. Those losses springboarded the softball team into a state tournament run and a regional semifinal run for the baseball team...
    I'll give sweeny all the props, yes they beat two good teams in one night! GOOD JOB! but also, that was a long time ago and those YOUNG ladies are playing well when it counts...
    GO LADY NECKS!!! We are rooting for you!!!
    "Take this job and shove it...I ain't workin here no more!"

Starter

I'm tired of hearing about it also!! It was a good night for us, but it was over a month ago and I don't think we're still playing, but the Lady Necks are. Even though you are defending us Iknowalot, you are beating a dead horse now. I don't worry about respect right now, I think my record stands for itself. Now lets get behind our neighbors (I live in WC) and hope they continue to represent us well!!

One thing that I do have to say, is that when I was in town yesterday before I left for Austin and the TGCA committee meetings, is that I was really disappointed in the lack of signs wishing the Lady Necks good luck in Austin tomorrow. I hope that when I go through town this afternoon, that there are a lot of signs.

See ya' out in left field!!
    AMC Lady Tigers -- Back to Back 12-AAAAA Champions!
    Regional Semi-finalists (28-11)