Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    All-American

Default Hey Jasper Folks...

Your QB, Gilbert Moye, likes Vince Young and Texas is on his list of schools. (Also including LSU which is his childhood favorite, Texas A&M, and OU.

Give me a little synopsis of this stud.

(That is if the mod, especially LHPM, doesn't mind.)
    All-Time Series Record: 60-43-5

Alumnus:

Gainesville Leopards
    The University of Texas (B.S.)
    West Texas A&M University (M.A.)
    University of Nebraska (future Ph.D)

Administrator/Owner LH Panther Mom's Avatar

Default Re: Hey Jasper Folks...

Originally posted by KTJ
    Your QB, Gilbert Moye, likes Vince Young and Texas is on his list of schools. (Also including LSU which is his childhood favorite, Texas A&M, and OU.

Other than the fact that they won , why would I mind?
    Quick side! Strong side! Crank up the Machine!

Originally posted by KTJ

Reminds a whole lot of Vince Young in his HS days. I think Young had better passing skills but of course I saw him as a Senior and Moye is still young yet. They both seem to take their large frames and just blow by people and have the knack to weave their ways down the field.

I sure hope he doesn't go to OU!!

Bulldog_12

He's a stud. Any college will be lucky to get him. I think that he could definately be an all-state QB his senior year. The talent is there for sure, I just hope nothing happens that would prevent him from reaching full potential. That being said I hope he follows Big Red and Jorrie and comes on to A&M. Just some wishful thinking.

All-American

Originally posted by KTJ

For one thing, you will have to wait awhile to get him at Texas. He is only a junior.

Barring injury or other misfortune, Jasper has him for two more years!

Yes, he is a stud. I thought he looked like Reggie McNeil, until I saw how Vince Young did in the Rose Bowl. Now I think he looks more like Vince Young in his moves. Moye just is not yet as tall as Young, but his moves are a mirror image of Young's in my opinion. Ask the Gilmer fans. Or ask LHPM!

And I hope someone can talk him out of any idea of going to OU!
    Maybe if you didn't try to be so clever, you wouldn't end up looking so stupid.

All-American

Default Re: Re: Hey Jasper Folks...

Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
    Other than the fact that they won , why would I mind?
    We will see if we can give you a re-match! He has EXPERIENCE now.

I'll straight up kill him if he goes to OU or A&M.

I Praise God For Every Second He Gave Me To Wear The Name Jasper Across My Chest

All-American

Originally posted by KTJ
    Your QB, Gilbert Moye, likes Vince Young and Texas is on his list of schools. ...
    Just curious. Is this a UT source you are quoting, or some scouting service? I am sure he is being watched for the future, but he IS only a junior so I am bit surprised to see talk about his college choices.

DawgFan91

Originally posted by j_dog
    Just curious. Is this a UT source you are quoting, or some scouting service? I am sure he is being watched for the future, but he IS only a junior so I am bit surprised to see talk about his college choices.
    It's not too early for college choices. There are juniors-to-be that have already declared. There is another '07 QB from Texarkana that is already getting a lot of attention too.

All-American

I have a gut feeling the Moye will not play QB in college. I just don't feel like his passing will be nurtured enough at Jasper. No offense, he is a phenominal athlete and will go DI, just not as a QB. I think he will probably have a good shot at one of those big fast receivers, the Roy Williams type...

All-American

Originally posted by WOS1
    I have a gut feeling the Moye will not play QB in college. I just don't feel like his passing will be nurtured enough at Jasper. No offense, he is a phenominal athlete and will go DI, just not as a QB. I think he will probably have a good shot at one of those big fast receivers, the Roy Williams type...
    Good point WOS1. That is the big $64 question. How well will the Jasper coaching staff adapt their approach to fit his abilities? At this point, I am inclined to give them the benefit of the doubt. I would think that by the end of this fall we will know whether they can develop and exploit his passing skills. No doubt in my mind that he has the skills and tools. I have seen them in action.

But, if not at QB, he will play at some position.

All-American

Originally posted by j_dog
    You sure seemed worried about that, seeing as how it's your second time mentioning it.

Would you not want him to come to UT? Or are you just that curious?
    All-Time Series Record: 60-43-5

Alumnus:

Gainesville Leopards
    The University of Texas (B.S.)
    West Texas A&M University (M.A.)
    University of Nebraska (future Ph.D)

All-American

Default Re: Re: Re: Hey Jasper Folks...

Originally posted by KTJ
    You sure seemed worried about that, seeing as how it's your second time mentioning it.

Would you not want him to come to UT? Or are you just that curious?
    I would very much love for him to go to UT. But even Jorrie Adams, who at least one rating service rated as the seventh best athlete in the entire nation his senior year, did not get such mentions before his junior year even began. But, on the other hand, I don't know if he even had any playing time his sophmore year.

No, I was truly just curious. Who is it talking him up professionally? Or is it just fan talk? I would love for him to go to UT. Actually even A&M. Then it would be closer for me to go see him play.

Gilmer Buckeye

Moye doesn't really play QB on every play already. Sure, he lines up behind the center so technically he's the QB, but with that crazy fullhouse shotgun offense that Lauve runs, it can be snapped to any of three different guys. And I am not knocking it, because it is obviously successful. It still looks crazy, though. At first, not knowing what it's all about, you wonder if the center has lost his mind.

I'm a UT alum, so I would encourage the big guy to go there. It really hurt me to see Manuel Johnson go to OU, but I understand he was treated as a relatively nobody (which he was at the time, being from a small 3A school) on his visit to Austin last summer.

I wish Jasper wasn't so far away. The Bulldogs are a very entertaining team to watch play. I still hold out hope that someday Gilmer and Jasper can establish a yearly neutral site game at Homer Bryce. It's not likely to happen, but one can dream.

All-District

hopefully we will see jasper and moye in the 3rd round because this year we will be ready.
    CAMERON YOE-TOP 5 TEAM IN HISTORY OF CLASS 3A