*** Ejected Player ***

Default HSU Doubles Team moves on to National Semis

Lead by former Abilene Wylie 3-time state champ (and also my roommate) David Wu, he and partner Brad Grace of Victoria defeated some foreign guys from Piedmont (N.C.) College 6-4, 6-2 this afternoon in the NCAA Quarterfinals and advance to the semifinals where they will take on the #1 team in the country from Kalamazoo. Wu and Grace enter the tourney ranked #4 in the country. The event is hosted by UC-Santa Cruz in Santa Cruz, California. The semis and finals will both be played tomorrow so I will keep you updated on how they fare.
    Last edited by Adidas410s; 05-24-2005 at 11:06 PM.

Some great netters coming out of Wylie.

All-American

Good job by the tennis players and please keep the updates coming!

Go Sinton Pirates and Lady Pirates! I also like old movies like "Dawn at Socorro." I also like the Tour de France. I like the Pelican West Band located at South Padre Island, Texas. Phil is PhiI is Bill is the compassion police. He is also the Sinton Matador. Some call him the Sinton Prophet. {Also Captain Obvious. } BEWARE OF THE HOWLING BEAR! He's going for the Corner - he's got it! Roy Orbison rules.
    Phil C Cares!

AggieJohn

z motion is it my computer or is that picture of the state ring too fuzzy......

The ring is too fuzzy. All the bling made my cheap camera blurr it. I will take a better picture as soon as I get a better camera which I hope is soon.

Go WU!!! He's also a LUCKY poker player.
    "Luck is what happens when preparation meets opportunity."

I hope that someday we will be able to put away our fears and prejudices and just laugh at people.

Administrator/Owner LH Panther Mom's Avatar

Congrats to them for making it that far!
    Quick side! Strong side! Crank up the Machine!

*** Ejected Player ***

Originally posted by injuredinmelee
    Go WU!!! He's also a LUCKY poker player.
    He learns all of his poker playing from me. He can beat me at tennis, but even he will admit that I am far superior in poker...then again if he put as much effort into studying poker as he does with tennis I'm sure he would be good too.

*** Ejected Player ***

To update, the guys lost 5-7, 7-6 (5), 6-4 today to the #1 team from Kalamazoo in the semifinals. They had a few chances to close it out but were unable to do so. Both teams played a great match and it came down to the very end. It is the furthest that HSU has ever advanced in tennis and Wu has another year left...guess we will see how he does next year...

Administrator/Owner LH Panther Mom's Avatar

Originally posted by Adidas410s
    To update, the guys lost 5-7, 7-6 (5), 6-4 today to the #1 team from Kalamazoo in the semifinals. They had a few chances to close it out but were unable to do so. Both teams played a great match and it came down to the very end. It is the furthest that HSU has ever advanced in tennis and Wu has another year left...guess we will see how he does next year...
    What an accomplishment. Another congrats from me!
    Quick side! Strong side! Crank up the Machine!