View Poll Results: Softball 2 out of 3 questions

Voters
45. You may not vote on this poll
  • Leave the playoffs as they now stand (2 out of 3 must be played on Friday/Saturday).

11 24.44%
  • Expand the 2 out of 3 to play ANY 2 consectutive days of the week (ex...Thursday/Friday, Wednesday/Thursday....)

2 4.44%
  • Expand the 2 out of 3 to play ANY 2 days of the week (ex...Thursday/Saturday, Wednesday/Friday)

7 15.56%
  • Expand the 2 out of 3 to play ANY 3 days of the week

19 42.22%
  • Get rid of the 2 out of 3 series

6 13.33%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Starter

Default PLAYOFF POLL (Corrected)

Right now, the UIL allows coaches the flexibility of playing a single game playoff or a 2 out of 3 series in all playoff rounds until the state tournament. The UIL does restrict teams in a 2 out of 3 series in SOFTBALL ONLY to playing on Friday and Saturday ONLY. Baseball doesn't have this restrict except for a team cannot leave during the school day (excluding athletic period) for any game played before Friday.
    AMC Lady Tigers -- Back to Back 12-AAAAA Champions!
    Regional Semi-finalists (28-11)

All-American

This is one I am going to have to think on. I kind of lean toward just having a one game series but if they leave it on I would want it to be on any consecutive days and not limit it to just Friday and Saturday because of possible weather problems. I will have to ponder a little more.

Go Sinton Pirates and Lady Pirates! I also like old movies like "Dawn at Socorro." I also like the Tour de France. I like the Pelican West Band located at South Padre Island, Texas. Phil is PhiI is Bill is the compassion police. He is also the Sinton Matador. Some call him the Sinton Prophet. {Also Captain Obvious. } BEWARE OF THE HOWLING BEAR! He's going for the Corner - he's got it! Roy Orbison rules.
    Phil C Cares!

*** Ejected Player *** HighSchool Fan's Avatar

you need to add another option. the one that says you play the games until Old Crow, i mean old cardinal is right in his predictions

Administrator/Owner LH Panther Mom's Avatar

It seems to me the girls should have the same option as the boys. Just my $.02.
    Quick side! Strong side! Crank up the Machine!

Starter

ttt

Etexpirate

I know that losing the toss and having to face playing 3 games affected our team in the last round of playoffs.. Our prom fell on that Saturday and no matter how hard you try..that does affect the girls. We also had to travel and stay in a motel which is draining on both people and resources. And by having one dominate pitcher, she was faced with the possibility of pitching 21 innings in less than 24 hours. It's great to be tough..but it should be a game of skill and talent...not survival of the fittest and the team with the most resources. One game would have been better for us. I'm sure I will be flamed for that.. I see the merit also of the 2 out of 3.. I just vote for the 1 game..

*** Ejected Player ***

The better team wins in 3 games. The crappier team always wants to play 1 game because they figure they might win the first game but their chances of winning another are slim.

All-District

it really doesnt matter let em play!
    CAMERON YOE-TOP 5 TEAM IN HISTORY OF CLASS 3A

neck_94

get rid of the 2 out of 3.

show up with your "A-game", or go home.

thats the way it is thru the regular season and at the state tournament. . .

(and yeah, I know you play everybody in district TWICE!)

All-State

well in softball, the same girl can throw all day long every day until she is just flat wore out tired. So what difference does it make if they play one or three?
    Do you want to go three just in case you get beat in game one?
    I dont understand.

Letterman

Why not do a regional double elimination tournament?

Etexpirate

Originally posted by scrub c
    well in softball, the same girl can throw all day long every day until she is just flat wore out tired. So what difference does it make if they play one or three?
    Do you want to go three just in case you get beat in game one?
    I dont understand.
    Sure she can! But what if 1 of the teams has two of those hoss's? Then the team with only one flamethrower is screwed pretty much. That's not playing your best game to win..that means as a coach you got lucky and have 2 top quality pitchers to access.. What are the odds of most programs having that? One game makes you as a coach bring your "A" game on that day! Choose your best nine and play ball..

Starter

I like the double elimination regional tournament. NCAA can do it in softball and baseball, why can't we...

All-American

Originally posted by 18handicap
    I like the double elimination regional tournament. NCAA can do it in softball and baseball, why can't we...
    I like it too but they may be afraid of weather conditions being unfavorable so I don't know if they would approve it.

Go Sinton Pirates and Lady Pirates! I also like old movies like "Dawn at Socorro." I also like the Tour de France. I like the Pelican West Band located at South Padre Island, Texas. Phil is PhiI is Bill is the compassion police. He is also the Sinton Matador. Some call him the Sinton Prophet. {Also Captain Obvious. } BEWARE OF THE HOWLING BEAR! He's going for the Corner - he's got it! Roy Orbison rules.
    Phil C Cares!

All-American

I finally voted for 2 out 3 option which still has to be decided by a coin flip if one of the coaches wants a one game stand. Of course the fact that we have some good pitchers coming to high school plus we have a good one this year who is a freshman has something to do with the choice. Next year we won't be down to one good pitcher like we were against Pearsall and she will have someone who can do the job in game 2. We had a second good pitcher but due to an injury to our catcher she had to play catcher. Whitney, Kayla and Ashley and others are coming to high school!

Phil C Cares!