All-American

Default Maybe a better way to do Playoff scheduling

I would appear that if the first TWO games were played on a Thursday or Friday evening and night( say 5:00pm and to follow 7 pm) then many of the games would be decided that night and no need for a road trip back for Saturday. It would save on gasoline money, in some cases motels, possible travel injuries by being on the road twice. If the two teams each one a game then by all means the following day Saturday evening the deciding game would be played.
    Any comments?

GOFOR2

Default Re: Maybe a better way to do Playoff scheduling

Originally posted by Old Cardinal
    I would appear that if the first TWO games were played on a Thursday or Friday evening and night( say 5:00pm and to follow 7 pm) then many of the games would be decided that night and no need for a road trip back for Saturday. It would save on gasoline money, in some cases motels, possible travel injuries by being on the road twice. If the two teams each one a game then by all means the following day Saturday evening the deciding game would be played.
    Any comments?
    We have that option in Baseball.

The reason they do it the way they do it now is so each team gets a game at home. They do have that option but teams want to play at home once.

It could work but you have to figure in the sun factor of the field.

All-American

In the playoffs you rarely get to play "at home" because of the distances between towns.....I would guess that the sun shines down the same on both teams LOL In fact there is scripture that says "The sun shines down on the just and the unjust"