Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    All-American

Default Tim Ratcliff Leaving Jasper

I know he's just the principal, but will his departure have any noticeable affect on the athletic department?
    Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
    kep is always 100% serious. He doesn't joke and doesn't like people who do.

i doubt it

I Praise God For Every Second He Gave Me To Wear The Name Jasper Across My Chest

All-American

I guess it would be more likely that the new principal could possibly have a noticeable affect. Hopefully they get a very athletics friendly principal!

All-American

my two cents......
    The superintendent is the AD's boss, not the principal.

*** Ejected Player *** HighSchool Fan's Avatar

Originally posted by kepdawg
    I guess it would be more likely that the new principal could possibly have a noticeable affect. Hopefully they get a very athletics friendly principal!
    hopefully they hire a principle that realizes that athletics are secondary to learning. it's about time that schools put more emphasis on learning instead of sports.

All-American

Originally posted by VWG
    my two cents......
    The superintendent is the AD's boss, not the principal.
    True, but the principal still has a lot of power to make the AD's life heaven or hell!

Maybe the superintendent, who just finished his first year with the district, and the new principal will insist on finding a kicker! That would certainly be a positive noticeable affect on the program!

All-American

Originally posted by HighSchool Fan
    hopefully they hire a principle that realizes that athletics are secondary to learning. it's about time that schools put more emphasis on learning instead of sports.
    Well, I believe there is a lot of learning done in athletics. Athletics and other non-academic programs such as music and art should not be looked upon as inferior to academics but rather as equal.

*** Ejected Player *** HighSchool Fan's Avatar

Well, I believe there is a lot of learning done in athletics. Athletics and other non-academic programs such as music and art should not be looked upon as inferior to academics but rather as equal.
    that is why they call it EXTRA-CURRICULAR, it is and should be considered secondary. the main purpose of school should always be academics first.

All-American

Originally posted by HighSchool Fan
    that is why they call it EXTRA-CURRICULAR, it is and should be considered secondary. the main purpose of school should always be academics first.
    Correct, that is why THEY, not me call it extra-curricular. I consider it co-curricular and equally important.

This is one of those things we'll never agree on and that's cool, so I'm done with it.

It may take a toll...

The head dude when I was in High School left after the '00-'01 school year, which was his first year... His Dad headed the school the previous 583 years... after that family stopped leading the way, the next two years went as follows...

6-4

5-6

But but the new guy's coming around... once he established his system, if you can call it that, things turned around... 9-2 and 14-1...

spiveyrat

I don't think you could find one with as much balance as Tim. Formerly, he was a very strict educator as well as a great football/baseball coach. I didn't have him for American History as a Junior but I'll bet there are a few posters on here who did have him for that class who could attest for how hard his class was. He was my linebacker coach and baseball coach. I had more fun playing baseball for him than anything else. He'll be missed!

All-American

Tim will be missed, no doubt. He clearly understood that academics comes first, but also that athletics is also very important in young peoples lives.

I am optimistic that Jasper will tap someone for the job who will be equally good for the students.
    Maybe if you didn't try to be so clever, you wouldn't end up looking so stupid.

JasperDog94

I had him for history in 11th grade. He was a no-nonsense teacher. I loved that class. He was a good teacher. He didn't put up with any c*&% from any student.

spiveyrat

Originally posted by JasperDog94
    I had him for history in 11th grade. He was a no-nonsense teacher. I loved that class. He was a good teacher. He didn't put up with any c*&% from any student.
    Yeah, I can remember him failing "star" athletes making them ineligible for 6 whole weeks.

Ok, actually he didn't fail them. He merely showed their level of mastery of American History.
    Last edited by spiveyrat; 05-17-2005 at 02:39 PM.

All-American

Originally posted by spiveyrat
    Yeah, I can remember him failing "star" athletes making them ineligible for 6 whole weeks.

Ok, actually he didn't fail them. He merely showed their level of mastery of American History.
    That is right. He failed no one. He let them fail themselves. And at least one famous "star" athlete found out the hard way that Mr. Ratcliff did not care that he played football. I would bet that all athletes after that paid attention.
    Maybe if you didn't try to be so clever, you wouldn't end up looking so stupid.