Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default aTm Recruit Declares for NBA Draft

HOUSTON (AP) - Texas A&M football signee Martellus Bennett is making himself available for the NBA draft.

His high school football coach, Tom Gerber, said Friday that Bennett hasn't hired an agent. Bennett, considered the state's top football recruit, has until June 21 to withdraw his name and retain his college eligibility.

The 6-foot-7, 243-pound Bennett was ranked the nation's top tight end by recruiting Web site Rivals.com. He caught 46 passes for 650 yards as a senior at Alief Taylor High but also excelled at basketball.

Bennett averaged 23 points and 8.2 rebounds as a senior, and was considered one of the top players in Texas A&M's recruiting class.

Bennett said he picked Texas A&M because it was the only school to take his desire to play both sports seriously.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nba/story/3613230

Administrator/Owner LH Panther Mom's Avatar

Good luck to this young man in whatever he decides to do. I just hope he doesn't regret his decision.
    Quick side! Strong side! Crank up the Machine!

All-American

Is this another Perrilloux?

Go Sinton Pirates and Lady Pirates! I also like old movies like "Dawn at Socorro." I also like the Tour de France. I like the Pelican West Band located at South Padre Island, Texas. Phil is PhiI is Bill is the compassion police. He is also the Sinton Matador. Some call him the Sinton Prophet. {Also Captain Obvious. } BEWARE OF THE HOWLING BEAR! He's going for the Corner - he's got it! Roy Orbison rules.
    Phil C Cares!

Originally posted by Phil C
    Is this another Perrilloux?
    I believe so...I seem to remember the Bennet signing more than Perrilloux's.

Rockdale Tiger

It's an OK experiment but I don't think it will work...

So I guess this means U.T. actually had a better recruiting class than what it had appeared, their rectruits stayed!

Bellville22

He won't go to NBA. He hasn't hired an agent, just kinda testing the draft waters. Doubtful that he'll be a first round pick, so expect him to suit up for the Ags next year.

Specklebelly

This is the same kid that had to announce his college decision on Fox Sports.net. Its the same kid who acted like he was flipping a coin to make his decision to only go and pick a school not even in the coin flip. What I'm getting at is this kid is just another pampered high school premadonna just looking to get some more press. He's a 6'7" post player. He has no prayer of being even considered an NBA prospect at this point and he knows it. He has absolutely no intention of hiring an agent. He is simply just doing this for attention. Congrats A&M, looks like you have a real head case on your hand.

Panther Ross

I was looking forward to watching him play some ball to. Hope for the best and maybe he'll stay.

Originally posted by Specklebelly
    This is the same kid that had to announce his college decision on Fox Sports.net. Its the same kid who acted like he was flipping a coin to make his decision to only go and pick a school not even in the coin flip. What I'm getting at is this kid is just another pampered high school premadonna just looking to get some more press. He's a 6'7" post player. He has no prayer of being even considered an NBA prospect at this point and he knows it. He has absolutely no intention of hiring an agent. He is simply just doing this for attention. Congrats A&M, looks like you have a real head case on your hand.
    Thank you!

AggieJohn

you see martellus is much better in football, however his first love is basketball, he wants to play both here which he is going too....my thought is that if any team takes a look at him that he is gone, however the person that said that this is a ego builder for him maybe be hitting it on the head, he has a flare for the dramatics

All-American District303aPastPlayer's Avatar

Originally posted by Specklebelly
    sounds like recruited randy moss...

"...I never wanna see you cry... and I never wanna tell her lies..."

All-American

He withdrew today.
    Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
    kep is always 100% serious. He doesn't joke and doesn't like people who do.

AggieJohn

i knew he would

BU97

I saw Coach Fran talking on the cell phone at the San Angelo Coaches Clinic BBQ last Thursday and I overheard "the NBA will be there afterwards" as I was walking by so I have been expecting to hear that he had withdrawn ever since. Sounded like a major publicity stunt to me. Sounds like a headcase to me.