Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    All-American

Default UT Rowing Ladies do well!

Besides doing well in rowing (winning the Big 12 Championship) they also do well in the classroom. Junior Vanessa Canac earned the Marving Wright Engineering Athlete Award boasting a 3.6 GPA; senior Karen Glazebrook was recently accepted to graduate school at the University of Saskatchewan where she will continue her studies in human behavior; senior Danielle Kowalski accepted a five month internship position at the Late Show with David Letterman: senior Pam Painter received the 2005 Carol May and James C. Thompson Scholarship in physics: and junior Kakey Porter eared the 2005 Vance L. Stickell Memorial as one of the top 10 advertizing students in the nation.

Congratulations Ladies and Good Luck! We are proud of you!!

Go Sinton Pirates and Lady Pirates! I also like old movies like "Dawn at Socorro." I also like the Tour de France. I like the Pelican West Band located at South Padre Island, Texas. Phil is PhiI is Bill is the compassion police. He is also the Sinton Matador. Some call him the Sinton Prophet. {Also Captain Obvious. } BEWARE OF THE HOWLING BEAR! He's going for the Corner - he's got it! Roy Orbison rules.
    Phil C Cares!

BTEXDAD

How do you know so much, Phil?
    I honestly learn more from reading your threads than I do from all the sports pages I read.

seriously phil....winning the big 12 championship...how many schools actually compete in rowing in the big 12? my guess is 4 at the most.....i could be completely wrong...

2013, 2015, 2016 3ADL FF Champ jason's Avatar

sry i was wrong....only 3 big 12 schools compete....texas, kansas, and kansas st..

Do they all have womens programs?

Originally posted by mwynn05
    Do they all have womens programs?
    yes its all 3 womens...my guess there isnt any male college rowing teams in the big 12....its to equal out for title IX is my guess....

All-American

Well it is up to the schools whether they want a rowing team or not! Way to go Lady Horns! Big 12 Champions as shown on the official Big 12 Web Site!

Thank you PPHSfan and Keith7!

Administrator/Owner LH Panther Mom's Avatar

I know UT has a rowing team, but I don't think they call it that and have no idea with whom they compete.
    Quick side! Strong side! Crank up the Machine!

All-American

I think that UT has only had a rowing team for a few years now. They are currently ranked No. 15 in the Country. They got 17th place last year at the NCAA Championship. Not bad for a fairly new program.

Go Sinton Pirates and Lady Pirates! I also like old movies like "Dawn at Socorro." I also like the Tour de France. I like the Pelican West Band located at South Padre Island, Texas. Phil is PhiI is Bill is the compassion police. He is also the Sinton Matador. Some call him the Sinton Prophet. {Also Captain Obvious. } BEWARE OF THE HOWLING BEAR! He's going for the Corner - he's got it! Roy Orbison rules.
    Phil C Cares!

All-American

Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
    I know UT has a rowing team, but I don't think they call it that and have no idea with whom they compete.
    Their web site calls them the University of Texas women's rowing team. They compete in several events throughout the year. It is mainly with schools from California and Florida and others along the east coast. The University of Michigan is ranked No. 1 this year I think in rowing.

Phil C Cares!

All-American

Originally posted by BTEXDAD
    How do you know so much, Phil?
    I honestly learn more from reading your threads than I do from all the sports pages I read.
    Thank you BT. It is probably just due to age and experience plus some luck at finding things. I know that some things I post are not of interest to everyone but I consider this web site to be a service to all and if just one person is interested in it it makes the thread worth while. I don't care much for gymnastics but if I find out the results I will post it even if it is just beneficial to one person who may not even post but just reads the downlow.

Phil C Cares!

Administrator/Owner LH Panther Mom's Avatar

Originally posted by Phil C
    Their web site calls them the University of Texas women's rowing team. They compete in several events throughout the year. It is mainly with schools from California and Florida and others along the east coast. The University of Michigan is ranked No. 1 this year I think in rowing.
    Sorry, I should've been more specific....I meant men's instead of women's.
    Quick side! Strong side! Crank up the Machine!

All-American

Sorry. No the NCAA doesn't have a men's rowing sport like they do for the women. However, I think in men's rowing there are several schools that compete with other other in California and the North East even though the NCAA doesn't sponsor any national championship for them. I knew that our men's rowing team competes in the Olympics.

Phil C Cares!

I believe the men have a club level rowing team in college called "Crew".....i know at baylor we have the "Baylor Crew" and i think they row, they could sail though....im not sure however Crew isnt a specific baylor name, its used at other schools as their Crew club rows or sails....but i think it is row....