Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Bellville vs Lorena (BB 2nd round)

Bellville will face A top 10 team, Lorena in Austin for a best of 3, at Nelson Field. Im sure Lorena is pretty good. Bellville will have to play there best ball of the season to get to the 3rd round.
    Anyone have any info on Lorena?
    The games will be played on Thu, Fri, and Sat.
    Last edited by FormerBellvilleBrahma; 05-06-2005 at 10:04 PM.

Bellville22

Default Re: Bellville vs Lorena (BB 2nd round)

Originally posted by FormerBellvilleBrahma

They're good. Pretty sure the Hornung kid is still around, supposed to be a treat to watch.

Rockdale Tiger

Good luck Bellville, Lorena knows how to win in the post season! It'll take a tremendous effort to knock them out!

All-American

Bellville will face A top 10 team, Lorena in Austin for a best of 3, at Nelson Field. Im sure Lorena is pretty good. Bellville will have to play there best ball of the season to get to the 3rd round.
    ]

Probably too late to tell you: Walk Hornung.

Thank you PPHSfan and Keith7!

All-State

Good luck, Brahmas! Don't let up!

Any Lorena Info?

Starter

Here is Lorena's team page from Texas High School Baseball Online. Their season record is 21-5 (10-0 in district) and are ranked #7 in the state.

Looks they are led by 3 guys, with 2 of them hitting over .400. I actually saw Booker play in an All American game last summer, and have heard of how good Hornung is, but it looks like Springston is their ace, and has been named a 2005 All American already.

Offensively: .322 team batting avg. with 20 homeruns
    Pitching: 1.72 team era with 226 k's in only 175 IP.

They've played 2 warmup games, beating 2A #8 Maypearl 4-2 and losing to 2A #1 Franklin 2-4.

Lorena

Bellville will face A top 10 team, Lorena in Austin for a best of 3, at Nelson Field.
    What time will the games be played and where is Nelson field?
    Welcome to the Pasture of Pain.

Bellville22

Thurs: 7:30

Nelson Field is located on right, off 290 just before you get into Austin. If that's not right, then someone correct me.

Sounds right, there is also a football field behind the baseball field. Good luck to the Brahmas!

chugbug

I am a Bellville fan but realistically Bellville has only one pitcher and he can only pitch one game. Looks like this might be the end of the road. I hope not.

All-American

Originally posted by chugbug
    I am a Bellville fan but realistically Bellville has only one pitcher and he can only pitch one game. Looks like this might be the end of the road. I hope not.
    In that case then Bellville is lost. Still you better walk Hornung.

Go Sinton Pirates and Lady Pirates! I also like old movies like "Dawn at Socorro." I also like the Tour de France. I like the Pelican West Band located at South Padre Island, Texas. Phil is PhiI is Bill is the compassion police. He is also the Sinton Matador. Some call him the Sinton Prophet. {Also Captain Obvious. } BEWARE OF THE HOWLING BEAR! He's going for the Corner - he's got it! Roy Orbison rules.
    Phil C Cares!

All-State

Hey, Chugbug, it ain't over till it's over. Not till the fat lady sings. Don't sell this team short, they have rallied through hard work, dedication and HEART. Give me heart over tons of talent any day. This is a team that just might surprise you, so don't put money against the Brahmas! Go Bulls!!

chugbug

I am not going to bet against the Bulls. I really love the Bulls. I guess I was just bracing myself for a let down. But you are right , They do have a lot of heart.

rhs78

Cool

Good luck Brahmas,WALK HORNUNG, keep up the great playing for D-20