Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    *** Ejected Player ***

Default Happy Birthday....

Dallas Mavericks!

May 1, 1980: Dallas Mavericks were founded as the Board of Governors voted 22-2
    (with New York and Chicago voting against) for the expansion team. The franchise agreement was signed and the team name was announced.

AggieJohn

figured new york and chicago would vote against it...jerks

JasperDog94

The only thing more fitting would be if New York and LA voted against it.

Happy Birthday Mavericks!!

Trivia..... Who was their first #1 draft pick out of college?
    Welcome to the Pasture of Pain.

All-American

Happy Birthday! I wonder why Chicago and New York voted against them. Well they lost anyway!

Go Sinton Pirates and Lady Pirates! I also like old movies like "Dawn at Socorro." I also like the Tour de France. I like the Pelican West Band located at South Padre Island, Texas. Phil is PhiI is Bill is the compassion police. He is also the Sinton Matador. Some call him the Sinton Prophet. {Also Captain Obvious. } BEWARE OF THE HOWLING BEAR! He's going for the Corner - he's got it! Roy Orbison rules.
    Phil C Cares!

All-American

Originally posted by Phil C
    Happy Birthday! I wonder why Chicago and New York voted against them. Well they lost anyway!
    On second thought it may have been because they knew Dallas was going to be in the western conference and they are in the eastern conference and they thought it would be easy wins for them.

Go Sinton Pirates and Lady Pirates! I also like old movies like "Dawn at Socorro." I also like the Tour de France. I like the Pelican West Band located at South Padre Island, Texas. Phil is PhiI is Bill is the compassion police. He is also the Sinton Matador. Some call him the Sinton Prophet. {Also Captain Obvious. } BEWARE OF THE HOWLING BEAR! He's going for the Corner - he's got it! Roy Orbison rules.
    Phil C Cares!

Originally posted by Bull's-eye

Rolando Blackmon?

No, Blackman was drafted in their second draft (1981) and he wasn't even the first pick that year.

All-American

Was it Jason Kidd? I always thought it was.

Phil C Cares!

Originally posted by Phil C
    Was it Jason Kidd? I always thought it was.
    Kidd was still a kid, he was drafted in 1994.

All-American

Never mind. It couldn't have been Kidd.

Phil C Cares!

All-American

Kiki Vandeweghe.

Phil C Cares!

pirate44

1981 Mark Aguirre

On June 10, 1980, the Mavericks selected UCLA's Kiki Vandeweghe with the 11th overall pick in the NBA Draft, making Vandeweghe the first college draftee in franchise history. But Vandeweghe refused to play for the expansion Mavericks, staging a holdout that lasted more than a month into the 1980-81 season. Finally, on December 10, Dallas traded his rights and a 1986 first-round pick to the Denver Nuggets in exchange for two future first-round draft choices.

pirate44

On June 10, 1980, the Mavericks selected UCLA's Kiki Vandeweghe with the 11th overall pick in the NBA Draft, making Vandeweghe the first college draftee in franchise history. But Vandeweghe refused to play for the expansion Mavericks, staging a holdout that lasted more than a month into the 1980-81 season. Finally, on December 10, Dallas traded his rights and a 1986 first-round pick to the Denver Nuggets in exchange for two future first-round draft choices.
    so was the first #1 Aguirre?