some1

Default Softball: Caldwell vs. Sealy

Sealy plays Caldwell first round tomarrow Thursday night 8:00 at Texas A&M Softball Field. Does anyone have any predictions for this game????

GO CALDWELL!!!!

~Not keeping her opinion to herself since Oct. 2002~

bmbf_06

Default Re: Softball: Caldwell vs. Sealy

Originally posted by some1
    Sealy plays Caldwell first round tomarrow Thursday night 8:00 at Texas A&M Softball Field. Does anyone have any predictions for this game????

Dont really know who to go for on this one.....but they'll be playing on a great field!!

BTEXDAD

Caldwell pitcher (I won't try to spell her name) is very good and they have a few other good players also, but defense is a little shaky. Bellville beat them early in season and a couple of weeks ago I would have said Sealy would be able to handle them with no problem, but Sealy stumbled coming down the stretch and they'll need to turn things around.
    I plan to be at the game to watch our fellow district 20-3A team win. Go tigers!

Originally posted by BTEXDAD
    Caldwell pitcher (I won't try to spell her name) is very good and they have a few other good players also, but defense is a little shaky. Bellville beat them early in season and a couple of weeks ago I would have said Sealy would be able to handle them with no problem, but Sealy stumbled coming down the stretch and they'll need to turn things around.
    I plan to be at the game to watch our fellow district 20-3A team win. Go tigers!
    Brandi Crnkovic is her name BTEXDAD....

with me not being in school any more I havent kept up alot with softball but I hear they arent doin bad for themselves.. I know about a month or maybe longer brandi got her 1000 strick out. Good Luck to the Lady Hornets tonight!

All-American

Boy this should be a good game! Wendy Weiss is a great Coach and she had only 2 coming back! Brandy C. is a great select team seasoned trooper.
    Now Casey Anderson is an ole friend--he was at BC for a number of years. Casey can beat teams that have more talent in the playoffs--he is good at what he does. Both of these teams appear to be a little inconsistant through the whole course but are capable of upseting just about anyone at this point in time.

Any up date on the score?

Sealy wins

Softball
    Updated April 29, 2005 7:50 AM

Caldwell falls to Sealy

Eagle Staff Reports

The Caldwell Lady Hornets saw their season end with the potential tying run just 60 feet away.

Caldwell rallied for three runs in the seventh inning, but couldn’t push across the tying run as the Sealy Lady Tigers held on for a 4-3 victory in Class 3A bi-district playoff action at the Aggie Softball Complex.

Sealy (19-9) had scored two runs in each of the fifth and sixth innings and looked to have the game wrapped up.

But the first three batters reached base to start the seventh for Caldwell (15-10).

Ashly McAllister singled and then a three-base error on Lacey Williams grounder allowed both McAllister and Williams to score to cut the deficit in half.

Brandi Crnkovic walked and Christine Garbs reached on an infield single. Another Sealy error allowed Crnkovic to score, but Sealy pitcher Sarah Holub got a double play and a strikeout to end the game.

Crnkovic took the loss in the final game of her high school career. She allowed only four hits and struck out eight including the side in both the second and third innings.

Holub (15-9) was equally as good allowing only three hits to go with four strikeouts.

Sealy 4, Caldwell 3

Caldwell 000 000 3 — 3 3 2
    Sealy 000 022 x — 3 4 2

Brandi Crnkovic and Lacey Williams. Sarah Holub and Lauren Vesely.

W — Holub (15-9). L — Crnkovic (15-10).

rhs78

Cool

Congrats the Lady Tigers on their win,great job,keep it going next game for D-20.

BTEXDAD

Originally posted by CHS_CG
    Brandi Crnkovic is her name BTEXDAD....
    Thanks, CHS_CG. I knew pronunciation of Brandi's last name, but didn't want to butcher the spelling. My daughter played against her way back in 14U. I think she's been with College Station Tigers her entire tournanment ball career.
    She ended a great high school career Thursday nite and now it's on to college. Sam Houston I heard. Anyone know for sure that's where she signed?

rhs78

Cool

Good luck Sealy keep it going against China Spring