All-American

Default 04-25-05 Baseball and Softball Results.

In District 30AAA baseball Sinton cinched the district championship by defeating Ingleside 8 to 1. Sinton got off to a shaky start at the top of the first when Ingleside got some doubles and scored a run and had two men on base with no outs but Sinton made some good defensive plays to keep it from getting worse. Then in bottom of first Sinton got back the momentum and scored 3 runs. In the second and third innings Sinton scored 2 runs and 3 runs for the final scores. The rest of the innings both teams had chances but big defensive plays by both teams stopped the scoring.
    Mathis wins second place. Sinton helped Aransas Pass because AP can at the worse tie with Ingleside for the third place spot and get to play Ingleside for the final spot. It depends on what happens on Friday when Ingleside hosts Goliad and Aransas Pass plays at Mathis. If AP can beat Mathis they get third place. If AP loses and Ingleside wins there is a playoff for third place between them.

Thank you PPHSfan and Keith7!

All-American

I know it is college but in softball Texas beat Texas Tech 3 to 0. I don't know if the CAT pitched or not but I hope not so my Aggie friends will get to see her pitch even though I know they want the Lady Aggies to win.

Thank you PPHSfan and Keith7!

Rockdale Tiger

Rockdale 6
    Austin McCallum 0

Administrator/Owner LH Panther Mom's Avatar

BB:
    Liberty Hill 12, Llano 8
    Quick side! Strong side! Crank up the Machine!

Letterman

So, LH Panther Mom,

give us the district standings as of today...sounds like you guy's district is pretty even...

25-3A
    Columbia 10
    Needville 1

WP-Howard (5-1)
    LP- Carlisle

HR-Huffman (1), Ward (10)

Columbia's record now 16-5 (9-1)
    Last edited by Johnnypaycheck; 04-27-2005 at 07:37 AM.
    "Take this job and shove it...I ain't workin here no more!"

Default 27-3a

1. Wimberley, 8-2
    2. Liberty Hill, 7-3
    2. Llano, 7-3

pirate44

Default Re: 04-25-05 Baseball and Softball Results.

Originally posted by PhiI C
    In District 30AAA baseball Sinton cinched the district championship by defeating Ingleside 8 to 1. Sinton got off to a shaky start at the top of the first when Ingleside got some doubles and scored a run and had two men on base with no outs but Sinton made some good defensive plays to keep it from getting worse. Then in bottom of first Sinton got back the momentum and scored 3 runs. In the second and third innings Sinton scored 2 runs and 3 runs for the final scores. The rest of the innings both teams had chances but big defensive plays by both teams stopped the scoring.
    Mathis wins second place. Sinton helped Aransas Pass because AP can at the worse tie with Ingleside for the third place spot and get to play Ingleside for the final spot. It depends on what happens on Friday when Ingleside hosts Goliad and Aransas Pass plays at Mathis. If AP can beat Mathis they get third place. If AP loses and Ingleside wins there is a playoff for third place between them.
    Way to go Sinton Pirates. this is great news considering the slow start they got in the season. thanks for the update in the chat room last night Phil C.

Letterman

does liberty hill and llano have to play again to decide 2nd and 3rd?
    "Take this job and shove it...I ain't workin here no more!"

Originally posted by Johnnypaycheck
    does liberty hill and llano have to play again to decide 2nd and 3rd?
    I haven't heard yet if they'll play it out or flip a coin. As soon as I do, I'll post.

All-American

In District 31AAA baseball I don't remember the scores but it was Zapata over West Oso and Falfurrias over San Diego.

Go Sinton Pirates and Lady Pirates! I also like old movies like "Dawn at Socorro." I also like the Tour de France. I like the Pelican West Band located at South Padre Island, Texas. Phil is PhiI is Bill is the compassion police. He is also the Sinton Matador. Some call him the Sinton Prophet. {Also Captain Obvious. } BEWARE OF THE HOWLING BEAR! He's going for the Corner - he's got it! Roy Orbison rules.
    Phil C Cares!

Junior Varsity

According to the radio, Osterman pitched against tech and struck out 21. She is expected to pitch against A&M (on ESPN) tonight as well. Should be a good one as she goes up against Amanda Scarbrough, the Ags' ace, once again.
    Remember - this is still just a game played by kids...

Originally posted by Tiger Turtle
    According to the radio, Osterman pitched against tech and struck out 21. She is expected to pitch against A&M (on ESPN) tonight as well. Should be a good one as she goes up against Amanda Scarbrough, the Ags' ace, once again.

Great post...you should copy it on the thread "Texas vs Texas AM Softball"