Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    All-American

Default Jason White not Drafted??

Someone is going to get a steal in the free agent market. Dallas get on the phone.

Go Sinton Pirates and Lady Pirates! I also like old movies like "Dawn at Socorro." I also like the Tour de France. I like the Pelican West Band located at South Padre Island, Texas. Phil is PhiI is Bill is the compassion police. He is also the Sinton Matador. Some call him the Sinton Prophet. {Also Captain Obvious. } BEWARE OF THE HOWLING BEAR! He's going for the Corner - he's got it! Roy Orbison rules.
    Phil C Cares!

2013, 2015, 2016 3ADL FF Champ jason's Avatar

no they're not...
    ...he cant throw
    ...he has 2 bad knees
    ...hes slow

he would be a bigger bust than maurice clarett is going to be...
    Last edited by jason; 04-26-2005 at 09:11 AM.

GOFOR2

Default Re: Jason White not Drafted??

Originally posted by Phil C
    Someone is going to get a steal in the free agent market. Dallas get on the phone.
    White is going nowhere. Who wants a 39 year old rookie with two bum knees.

All-American

We have to remember that he twice almost lead Oklahoma to the National Championship and was also a Heisman Trophy Winner.

Go Sinton Pirates and Lady Pirates! I also like old movies like "Dawn at Socorro." I also like the Tour de France. I like the Pelican West Band located at South Padre Island, Texas. Phil is PhiI is Bill is the compassion police. He is also the Sinton Matador. Some call him the Sinton Prophet. {Also Captain Obvious. } BEWARE OF THE HOWLING BEAR! He's going for the Corner - he's got it! Roy Orbison rules.
    Phil C Cares!

2013, 2015, 2016 3ADL FF Champ jason's Avatar

We have to remember that he twice almost lead Oklahoma to the National Championship and was also a Heisman Trophy Winner.
    Originally posted by jason
    ...he cant throw
    ...he has 2 bad knees
    ...hes slow
    ALMOST doesnt mean anything either....

i ALMOST made a hole in one once....wow........

All-American

Originally posted by jason
    ALMOST doesnt mean anything either....

i ALMOST made a hole in one once....wow........
    Say that's not bad Jason! A lot of good golfers don't even come that close. That is splendid golf.

Phil C Cares!

Bandera YaYa

I think "almost" only counts in tiddly winks !!!!

Bellville22

Andre Ware, Danny Weurfull, Chris Weinke

All great college QBs who did nothing in the League.

White will join the list. Will likely get signed as a career backup, but will never make an impact with that arm and those knees.

Letterman

Winning the Heisman doesn't carry much weight any more , most of the winners are left undrafted. It's bad luck to win it. Add charlie Ward to that list.
    thanks espn1 for my sign.
    " FEEL THE BITE "

All-American

We have to remember that a lot of Heisman Trophy winners went on to have great success in pro football. I will mention just a few of those in the past that had outstanding pro careers.

Doak Walker of SMU, 1948, went on to have a great career at the Detroit Lions and his teams won two NFL championships.

Alan Ameche, Wisconsin, 1954, went on to have a great career with the Baltimore Colts. He scored the winning td in the first overtime championship game in 1958 to win the game for the Colts over the Giants.

Howard Cassady of Ohio State, 1955, went on to have a great career with Detroit.

Paul Hornung of Notre Dame, 1956, went on to be a big star for Vince Lombardi at Green Bay.

Bill Cannon of LSU, 1959, went on to be a star running back for the AFL's Houston Oilers.

Roger Stauback of Navy, 1963, went on to star for the Dallas Cowboys and won 2 Super Bowls.

Jim Plunkett of Stanford, 1970 who led the Raiders to a Super Bowl win.

Tony Dorsett of Pittsburgh, 1976, had a great career with Dallas and was on two Super Bowl winners.

Earl Campbell of Texas, 1977, had a great career with the Houston Oilers and later New Orleans Saints.

Doug Flutie of Boston College, 1984, had a distinguished pro career.

Bo Howard of Michigan, 1991, helped Green Bay win a Super Bowl and was MVP.

There are others but like I said these are just a few of them that had good pro careers.

Phil C Cares!

AggieJohn

and that was in the old days, now you have to be in peak physical condition

All-American

and don't forget Barry Sanders of Oklahoma State, 1988, who set records as a running back and had he not retired early may have set unbeatable records for a while. At one time he was considered the best running back ever.

Phil C Cares!

lepfan

You don't have to go pro to be successful. (even though that is what you want)

Sometimes God works in unanswered prayers. Things happen for a reason.

Just my opinion.

AggieJohn

and then he retired 5 years too early....

AggieJohn

i mean i love the guy, he could make jukes like no one else, but he basically pulled a ricky williams minus the dreads and the reefer