Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Raider4ever

Default Game 1 Goes to the Rockets!!!

96 - 86 game 1 goes to the rockets! Great game by the rockets. I don't know what those NBA Refs where thinking with calling all those phony fouls they where calling against the rockets. Kind of pitiful they paid those Refs so much and the mavs still can't come threw with a win. =) Just kidding.

anyways im still taking the Rockets in 5 games!

Go RockETS!!!

*** Ejected Player *** HighSchool Fan's Avatar

rockets played their best game of the year and mavs played their worst game. rockets deserved this win, to bad it's gonna be their last.

There is no way the Rockets role players can play that well again so I don't think they can win the series.

Raider4ever

haha. Mike James keeps hiting his shots from comeing off the bench it's not gonna be good. Rockets have two towers with Yao and Mutumbo. Mutumbo may not be the best shooter in the world but he can hit his free throws just like Yao can. So if i where the rockets next game id give the ball downlow to them to and get some more free throws. Im thinking T-Mac will have another big game on Monday 25+points. Mike James will come off the Bench again and do what he does 20+points. And the guy that had the assignment of gaurding Dirk will hold him to 18 points next game. I see Rockets winning the next game. And then Loseing one at home and Win two in a row after that.

Just my prediction.

The Rockets may be the Detroit Pistons of last year. They have learn to play as a team, something that has been missing in the NBA. How can Kobe and Shaq lose to the Detroit Pistons? How can the USA Olympic team not win the gold? On paper, these players of the Rockets shouldn't be able to stay up with Nowitzki, Finley, Dampier, Howard, Terry, Stackhouse and Van Horn.

Houston plays great team defense. Dallas only made 9 field goals in the second half and shot 35% for the game. Dirk was 5-19, Stackhouse 4-13, Finley 2-8 and Van Horn 2-7. Dampier had only 7 points and 7 rebounds. He had stated that he was one of the top 2 centers in the west. I would expect more from a top 2 center. Yao Ming had 11 points and 8 rebounds in what most Houston fans thought was a sub-par performance.

Some say that these Houston role players can't play that well again. First of all, how many points a player scores is not the only way to measure his success. Bowen only had 4 points, but he was one of the reasons Houston won this game. Mike James was huge off the bench with 16 points, but what really defeated Dallas was that team play. Great team defense and that unselfishness of each Rocket to play his role.
    Welcome to the Pasture of Pain.

*** Ejected Player ***

Dallas has just as many phony calls as houston did. Joey Crawford hates the mavericks, he amazingly called an even game. Dallas was just not hitting shots or there freethrows, missed atleast 8. Plus dirk had a horrible games, 5/19 3 and 3 or 4 turnovers. And I think AJ should of had Bradley and Dampier in more, not having a center in hurt because Mutumbo played good.

Dallas actually shot 78.6% from the free throw line. That is right at their season average of 78.9%.

Tracy McGrady was in the zone! He was hitting his shots, driving to the basket and finding the open man. The dunk over Bradley was spectacular!! He also did a good job on defense, teaming up with Bowen to guard Nowitzki.
    Welcome to the Pasture of Pain.

2013, 2015, 2016 3ADL FF Champ jason's Avatar

Originally posted by Bull's-eye
    The dunk over Bradley was spectacular!!
    no dunk over shawn bradley is spectacular....i could dunk on that stick.....

Originally posted by mwynn05
    There is no way the Rockets role players can play that well again so I don't think they can win the series.
    We'll see.

Originally posted by Holmes_Fans
    ...Joey Crawford hates the mavericks...
    Joe Crawford hates everyone equally.
    F.A.N.T.O.M. CEO

Rainman

The Rockets didn't get as many shots at the free-throw line. Dallas had 42 free-throw shots compared to Houston's eighteen!!!

Originally posted by Rainman
    The Rockets didn't get as many shots at the free-throw line. Dallas had 42 free-throw shots compared to Houston's eighteen!!!
    you tell them how it is Rainman

LET'S KICK SHELL
    COWABUNGA

F.A.N.T.O.M. Physician and Speech Writer

No one on the rockets team held Dirk to 18 points. he did that all by himself. the rockets defense wasn't all that great. dallas just didn't have a good shooting night. give dallas the same open shots on monday and they will torch the rockets.

AggieJohn

yall are just mad because your personal savior dirk couldn't save yall last night and our rag tag group of vets showed you up....quit whining and just keep supporting your teams

Originally posted by AggieJohn
    yall are just mad because your personal savior dirk couldn't save yall last night and our rag tag group of vets showed you up....quit whining and just keep supporting your teams
    shut up moron

BTW, my personal savior is Jesus Christ