Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    All-American

Default 04-22-05 Baseball and Softball Results

In Baseball Sinton beat Mathis 4 to 3. In softball Sinton beat Mathis in 5 by the score of 12 to 0.

Thank you PPHSfan and Keith7!

CRHSeagle

Castleberry 11
    Ranchview 0

I know Decatur beat Little Elm and...

Bridgeport over Lake Worth

Hillsboro over Glen Rose

Administrator/Owner LH Panther Mom's Avatar

BB:
    Ingram 6
    Liberty Hill 5

Llano 12
    Bandera 1

I'll post the rest once I find them. The wrinkle has been added to the playoff standings.
    Last edited by LH Panther Mom; 04-23-2005 at 07:07 AM.
    Quick side! Strong side! Crank up the Machine!

Letterman

Palacios 0
    Columbia 13
    5 innings

WP- Shane Minks (6-1) no-hitter

HR- Brantley Ward (9)

Sweeny 5
    Wharton 3

No idea on Needville and Stafford, I am sure Needville beat them.

The win for Columbia clinches the District Championship.
    "Take this job and shove it...I ain't workin here no more!"

BlueBlood

Barbers Hill baseball beat Splendora to take a two game lead over Huffman with two games left in district. BH is now 18-3.

softball_mom

Softball....

Columbia 10
    Palacios 0

5 innings

Wharton 1
    Sweeny 0

8 innings

middleagecardinal

Did Barbers Hill and Splendora softball finish up district last night?

Are they still tied for 1st? I hear that they are to play a 1 game playoff on Monday for the district championship.

Greenwood Softball beat Pecos 16-3 to take the district championship outright.

Greenwood Baseball defeated Lamesa - I think that leaves them in 3rd place for now.

donjuan

think Midland Greenwood beat Pecos something like 16-3 - Monahans beat Presidio 5-0

Originally posted by donjuan
    think Midland Greenwood beat Pecos something like 16-3 - Monahans beat Presidio 5-0
    I know Greenwood/Pecos was softball....but Monahans/Presidio, was that softball also?

Rainman

Barbers Hill and Splendora finished the last round of Softball earlier this week and will play on Monday.

All-American

According to the local paper last nigth in District 30AAA baseball it was Aransas Pass 7 Goliad 0. I think AP still has a good shot at the third place spot in the playoffs but I am not sure of the standings.

In District 31 AAA it was Falfurrias 16 West Oso 3 in six.

In 30AAA Softball it was Goliad 8 Aransas Pass 3. Goliad is district champions and Aransas Pass is in the third place spot in the playoffs.

Thank you PPHSfan and Keith7!

All-American

Graham 3 Vernon 2

*** Ejected Player ***

Graham beat Vernon in softball 1-0 in the 8th I think, I was calling a pony league game on the next field over. . . and Graham won baseball in a shootout against Vernon 4-3 off a Cody Stansell hit to left field with 2 outs in the bottom of the 7th. If any Vernon fans here on the board were there, I'm sure they saw that when Graham's right fielder, Kyle Berend, ran in to tag out the 1st base runner who didn't tag up, Kyle had him hosed. But IMO what kept the steers in the game came the same inning when the steers were batting. There are 2 outs w/ the bases loaded and Tyler Figg comes to bat. On a 2-2 count he hits a slow roller to the third baseman. As the 2nd base runner Corey Atwood goes for third, the Vernon player clearly has him tagged out by about a foot on a head first dive, but I guess that the umpire didn't see the tag from where he was and missed the call. I'm a Graham fan and even I knew he was out. That tied the game at 3 and that stud freshmen I talked about, Stansell, came up clutch with a liner that went over the left fielder's head and drove in Atwood for the win. All in all, great game by both teams, softball and baseball. With the wins Graham clinched the 2nd places in both baseball and softball.

good luck in the play-offs

All-American

Originally posted by superslyguy06
    Graham beat Vernon in softball 1-0 in the 8th I think, I was calling a pony league game on the next field over. . . and Graham won baseball in a shootout against Vernon 4-3 off a Cody Stansell hit to left field with 2 outs in the bottom of the 7th. If any Vernon fans here on the board were there, I'm sure they saw that when Graham's right fielder, Kyle Berend, ran in to tag out the 1st base runner who didn't tag up, Kyle had him hosed. But IMO what kept the steers in the game came the same inning when the steers were batting. There are 2 outs w/ the bases loaded and Tyler Figg comes to bat. On a 2-2 count he hits a slow roller to the third baseman. As the 2nd base runner Corey Atwood goes for third, the Vernon player clearly has him tagged out by about a foot on a head first dive, but I guess that the umpire didn't see the tag from where he was and missed the call. I'm a Graham fan and even I knew he was out. That tied the game at 3 and that stud freshmen I talked about, Stansell, came up clutch with a liner that went over the left fielder's head and drove in Atwood for the win. All in all, great game by both teams, softball and baseball. With the wins Graham clinched the 2nd places in both baseball and softball.

My bad.. I thought the Vernon Graham score was 3-2.

good luck in the play-offs