All-American

Default Texas A&M - Corpus Christi Beats UT In Second Double Header Softball Game 6 To 1!!

This was after losing game 1 by just 2 to 1. A great job by the Lady Islanders!! History was made tonight folks!

Thank you PPHSfan and Keith7!

All-American District303aPastPlayer's Avatar

They jsut split a double header with the #5 team in the Nation (check me, i think im right)

"...I never wanna see you cry... and I never wanna tell her lies..."

All-American

I think you are right District. Man I wish I could have been there in Austin tonight! I am a UT fan but since I live near Corpus Christi I am glad for them to have this historical win. We have to remember that TAMUCC pitched their ace two games and what a job she did. UT didn't pitch their best pitcher. I still think UT has a great team and has a good chance and I hope they do win the national championship. But this is great for the Lady Islanders. Let's hope the NCAA invites them to the playoffs with a more favorable seed. For Texas Bounce Back Ladies! You can do it!

All-American

We beat Channel 6 and 10 (of Corpus Christi) this historical scoop tonight. Once again 3A downlow got the lowdown first!

AggieJohn

get em islanders

pirate44

this team has so much potential. you're right phil c. it was historical, but now they need to build on that win. WTG Lady Islanders

Administrator/Owner LH Panther Mom's Avatar

Originally posted by PhiI C
    We beat Channel 6 and 10 (of Corpus Christi) this historical scoop tonight. Once again 3A downlow got the lowdown first!
    And we owe it all to you.
    Quick side! Strong side! Crank up the Machine!

AggieJohn

Originally posted by PhiI C
    (in the voice of kurt loder) you hear it first here on 3adownlow

All-American

Originally posted by AggieJohn
    (in the voice of kurt loder) you hear it first here on 3adownlow
    Thank you LH and AggieJohn! This time it was my turn but we are so fortunate to having lots of folks that give us regular updates on important sports events like these.

Go Sinton Pirates and Lady Pirates! I also like old movies like "Dawn at Socorro." I also like the Tour de France. I like the Pelican West Band located at South Padre Island, Texas. Phil is PhiI is Bill is the compassion police. He is also the Sinton Matador. Some call him the Sinton Prophet. {Also Captain Obvious. } BEWARE OF THE HOWLING BEAR! He's going for the Corner - he's got it! Roy Orbison rules.
    Phil C Cares!

All-American

Even the Corpus Christi Caller/Times didn't have it in the paper this morning! I know it is probably because the game was late but hello! This is a historical event. You know hold the press type of thing! Front page news and I mean front page news not just the sports page front page! Oh well! At least as usual 3A downlow had the scoop. We are good at getting the scoops as it happens or just right after it happens!

Go Sinton Pirates and Lady Pirates! I also like old movies like "Dawn at Socorro." I also like the Tour de France. I like the Pelican West Band located at South Padre Island, Texas. Phil is PhiI is Bill is the compassion police. He is also the Sinton Matador. Some call him the Sinton Prophet. {Also Captain Obvious. } BEWARE OF THE HOWLING BEAR! He's going for the Corner - he's got it! Roy Orbison rules.
    Phil C Cares!

It was great seeing this on the news this morning! Another feather in the Islander cap! Way to represent!

All-American

How was that a "historical" win?

All-Time Series Record: 60-43-5

Alumnus:

Gainesville Leopards
    The University of Texas (B.S.)
    West Texas A&M University (M.A.)
    University of Nebraska (future Ph.D)

All-American District303aPastPlayer's Avatar

i believe its their first win over Texas, as well as their first win over a Top 5 Ranked team in history

"...I never wanna see you cry... and I never wanna tell her lies..."

All-American

Originally posted by District303aPastPlayer
    i believe its their first win over Texas, as well as their first win over a Top 5 Ranked team in history
    Actually District they were rated No. 3.

Phil C Cares!

All-American

It was a big win for TAMUCC because Texas had beaten them 10 straight times and last year Texas won a tough 3 to 2 game. The loss I don't think will hurt the Lady Horns but the win is a big bost to the Lady Islanders' program and should hopefully get them into the NCAA playoffs again at a better seed. I am still a UT fan and still think they can bounce back and do well and hopefully win the national championship. The CAT is awesome and we have to remember she didn't pitch yesterday. Great Job Lady Islanders! Go Lady Horns!

Phil C Cares!