Thumbs up Longhorns 7 Rice Owls 6

Close call for the Longhorns, but they hold off those pesky Owls for a 7-6 WIN!! Link to play-by-play report.

Question

Does Rice still have all those pitchers (from their National championship team) on their roster??

Hell no!

Injuries haven't helped the pen either...

All-American District303aPastPlayer's Avatar

alaniz will pitch saturday... seems to like that day, huh??

"...I never wanna see you cry... and I never wanna tell her lies..."

Originally posted by District303aPastPlayer
    alaniz will pitch saturday... seems to like that day, huh??
    I would 2 if I was him.

g$$

Default Cox?

Anyone else catch J. Brent Cox cussing at any & everybody after he closed the game Wed. night? I watched the end on CSTV here in Houston & he was unhappy. Must have been some words back & forth all night. I was not at the game. This kid from Bay City has a bright future & filthy stuff. He may have to harness his emotions a little better. Augie Garrido lectured the team on the field after the game for a long time. He did not seem happy about the emotional outburst. Maybe someone else knows more....

Rainman

First pitcher got himself in a bind and was relying on good defense, which was not there as Rice gave four errors from the beginning to the top of the third.

All-State

Three of the Rice championship team pitchers have moved up in baseball. Matt Ueckert, one of their projected starters, had an injury bench him. Theirs is a young team--nine freshmen, I think. Inc. freshmen pitchers. No excuse for a loss, we've had our share this year. Alaniz has been awesome; I am proud to have watched him play in Victoria on the football field in 2001 and the baseball field outside San Antonio in spring 2002. I wish him all the best. He is a Sinton product to be proud of!

Nope they are gone...thank goodness lol GO HORNS

g$$

Default Cox

Caught the replay last night. Cox was upset with the umpire & thought he got squeezed in both the 8th & 9th innings. He let it all out after the 9th ended. He will never get a call if he continues showing up the umps. I imagine it was just emotions. The kid can pitch no doubt with nasty movement. Rice will be back as they are very young.