All-American District303aPastPlayer's Avatar

Default 10 Year Anniversary

Today marks the 10 year Anny of the Oklahoma City Bombing. Former President Bill Clinton spoke at a ceremony remembering the lives of those lost in this tragedy.

"...I never wanna see you cry... and I never wanna tell her lies..."

pirate44

i dont remember what i was doing at the time, but i do remember all the clamor about it being a middle eastern man. what a terrible day in our history.

lepfan

Did any of you visit the site before they put in the memorial?

We were in OKC a few months after the bombing...it left me speechless...I still have a very vivid picture in my head of the aftermath...

As they said this moringing on GMA...This is the day America lost it's innocence.

*** Ejected Player *** HighSchool Fan's Avatar

Originally posted by lepfan
    Did any of you visit the site before they put in the memorial?
    i've been there a couple of times since the memorial was built. it is really a moving experience. if someone ever goes there, be sure and go through the museum beside it, but be sure and take a box of tissues.

lepfan

Originally posted by HighSchool Fan
    i've been there a couple of times since the memorial was built. it is really a moving experience. if someone ever goes there, be sure and go through the museum beside it, but be sure and take a box of tissues.
    When I went they still had the fence up with all the memorials hanging on the fence. I was speechless....there were a lot of people there, but not a word was being said. I could not cry at the time...I felt as though if I had started I could not have stopped. It was a very moving place....the energy was awesome! I am sure it would be worth the trip to go again!!!