Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    AggieJohn

Default A Thread for advice.....help "moms" or others

Seriously if i hear a sheep joke....then your just being pointless to this thread

i think i'm transfering

my girlfriend, soon to be fiance, is graduating this year, and i just found out that with flat rate tuition passing that a&m will milk out another 5 thousand plus out of me because of it...

so i'm considering tranfering to her neck of the woods corpus...

i would be here in A&M for 2 years with out her, which would suck completely, she would most likely be miserable with out me there with(we are one of those couples)

at A&M i can't do summer school for any of my major classes, the camp that we work at during the summer doesn't pay enough for me to ever think of getting a ring from it...

so basicaly the logistics is that her parents have an extra room in their house that i could live in for a while till i find a good roommate (or get married) and then move out...i wouldn't have to pay rent at the house, i would have to pay minumum on groceries...

we can get involved as a couple at a church there, that's where she's from and she's happy there...

i would hate to leave aggieland...but i would hate to leave her more...

thoughts?

(seriously no jokes)

John,

I understand the dilemma you are in, but I am probably not the best one to give advice. I didn't go to college, never wanted to go to college, and have never regretted it.

To me, 2 years is a long time to be away from the person you hope to make your wife one day. There are schools all over the State, but there is only that "one" girl for you.

I know what my decision would be, but it is ultimately up to you.

4 years at the school you love VS. a lifetime with the girl you love.....it's a no-brainer to me!!

AggieJohn

i mean i know an aggie degree has so clamour, but not from the college of education

*** Ejected Player *** HighSchool Fan's Avatar

Default Re: A Thread for advice.....help "moms" or others

Originally posted by AggieJohn
    Seriously if i hear a sheep joke....then your just being pointless to this thread

isn't that what most of your post are...pointless.

onfirebball05mustang

i may not be a mom, but...

I agree with RM, John! If she is the one, God will open up the opportunity for you to do what needs to happen for His will to be complete. If it were me--definite no branier--CC here I come! Then again, be sure that this is what God wants for you--not just what you or she wants.

AggieJohn

Default Re: Re: A Thread for advice.....help "moms" or others

Originally posted by HighSchool Fan
    isn't that what most of your post are...pointless.
    honestly do you have something against me, my high school, my college, or just the fact that i'm male.....get off me, grow up, and make educated posts

*** Ejected Player *** HighSchool Fan's Avatar

Default Re: Re: Re: A Thread for advice.....help "moms" or others

honestly do you have something against me, my high school, my college, or just the fact that i'm male.....get off me, grow up, and make educated posts
    you do the same and everyone will think better of you.

Hey you two!! This is really getting tiresome!

Like my momma said, "if you don't have something nice to say, don't say anything at all"!!

onfirebball05mustang

Originally posted by Ranger Mom
    Hey you two!! This is really getting tiresome!

Like my momma said, "if you don't have something nice to say, don't say anything at all"!!
    thanks mom for restating that one!!!!

AggieJohn

yes thanks, i really didn't want to get into it with someone today

AggieJohn

Bandera YaYa

I have never been an advocate of following your g/f-b/f to a school......because what if it doesn't work out....I had one daughter that did that and it was a disaster for her and me....so I have biased opinions on this....and yes she thought he was "the one"....I would like to see the education completed before any commitments to someone is realized. But I am also a romantic and I can understand the long distance thing would suck....so you just gotta do what's good for you and hope for the best....good luck on making the decision.

AggieJohn

Originally posted by Bandera YaYa
    I have never been an advocate of following your g/f-b/f to a school......because what if it doesn't work out....I had one daughter that did that and it was a disaster for her and me....so I have biased opinions on this....and yes she thought he was "the one"....I would like to see the education completed before any commitments to someone is realized. But I am also a romantic and I can understand the long distance thing would suck....so you just gotta do what's good for you and hope for the best....good luck on making the decision.
    5 hours is a long time, also if i stay here there is so much i want to be involved in and i would never see her.....at least i can get involved with her in something there in CC

5 hours is a long time, also if i stay here there is so much i want to be involved in and i would never see her.....at least i can get involved with her in something there in CC
    Okay...now it seems that following her is what YOU are wanting to do and you are wanting us to give you all the reasons why you shouldn't!!

spiveyrat

I agree with YaYa (did I say that? ). I don't know you, but you may not know the difference in love and infatuation yet. That being so, you never know what will happen.

BTW, my wife and I lived apart for the first nine months we were married while she finished school. We had a "weekend marriage" during that time. But she did finish... I wasn't going to stand in the way of that.