43. You may not vote on this poll
  • Play for it

37 86.05%
  • Flip for it

6 13.95%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    All-American

Default To Play or Not to Play

Alright, here's the situation. (You are the coach)

Your team is tied for 1st place in the district at the end of the season. Do you:

A) Play it out at a neutral site, to decide who gets the first round bye. (who cares if you might see them in the playoffs, a bye is one less game until state!)

B) Flip a coin and see who gets it (you might see them again in the playoffs, and don't want to let them see your ace pitch again)
    Last edited by neck_06; 04-17-2005 at 10:10 PM.

Both have logic.... But maybe I just side with the old school too much....

put your men on the field and go head-up...

Passages-Malibu recovering from a HS football addiction

Play for it. Championships should be decided on the field by men not by some coin. Who cares about your ace. He will not be able to carbon copy his performance and a pitcher's stuff changes each and every time he goes to the mound. Actually, one more look at a team might actually give your pitcher a better chance against the other team because he will be able to have one more chance to find weaknesses in his opponent.
    F.A.N.T.O.M. El Presidente
    AKA "El Guapo"
    The greatest dirt waterer to ever live!
    Don't argue with an idiot, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience. - Thanks for that one 44!

Administrator/Owner LH Panther Mom's Avatar

Play it!
    Quick side! Strong side! Crank up the Machine!

Originally posted by GreenMonster
    Play for it. Championships should be decided on the field by men not by some coin. Who cares about your ace. He will not be able to carbon copy his performance and a pitcher's stuff changes each and every time he goes to the mound. Actually, one more look at a team might actually give your pitcher a better chance against the other team because he will be able to have one more chance to find weaknesses in his opponent.
    You saved me a lot of typing, GM--

Well, either way it will still be considered a co-championship. (well in our district)If I were the coach I would play it.

All-State

Play, that's what it's all about!

Unless there is some injury to a vital player on the team and an extra game could put him at rick, you should play it. The saying is Leave it all on the field

LET'S KICK SHELL
    COWABUNGA

F.A.N.T.O.M. Physician and Speech Writer

AggieJohn

flip's don't decide championships

All-American

Originally posted by mwynn05
    Well, either way it will still be considered a co-championship. (well in our district)If I were the coach I would play it.
    It would still be considered a co-championship but in nearly everyone's heart the winner would really be district champions and the loser would be considered runner ups as decided by the final game.

Go Sinton Pirates and Lady Pirates! I also like old movies like "Dawn at Socorro." I also like the Tour de France. I like the Pelican West Band located at South Padre Island, Texas. Phil is PhiI is Bill is the compassion police. He is also the Sinton Matador. Some call him the Sinton Prophet. {Also Captain Obvious. } BEWARE OF THE HOWLING BEAR! He's going for the Corner - he's got it! Roy Orbison rules.
    Phil C Cares!

All-American

I voted to play for it... but, only if the playoffs didn't start too close to that playoff game. Meaning... you don't want to "burn" an arm pitching when he could be rested going into the playoffs.

In football and baseball the champ gets the first round bye so I play at a nuetral site to play for the bye.
    "Luck is what happens when preparation meets opportunity."

I hope that someday we will be able to put away our fears and prejudices and just laugh at people.

*** Ejected Player ***

Yeah GM, thats how we felt here in Graham after our game w/ Ya'll. Win or lose we were either champs or co-champs, but since we lost, in our own eyes, we were runners-up.

Originally posted by injuredinmelee
    In football and baseball the champ gets the first round bye so I play at a nuetral site to play for the bye.
    basketball & baseball get a buy.....football plays the next week.

i would have to decidewhat is best for the kids....would getting an extra game in help? do i need an extra week of rest? how do my kids do with an off day? stuff like that.

it would vary year to year.

rhs78

Cool

play for it on the field,coin tossing is like kissing your sister,not much is acomplished!!