• Yes

10 27.03%
  • No

16 43.24%
  • I like some of it

11 29.73%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Need Help for a school project

I am doing a project for one of my classes over rap music, and I was wondering if I could get some input from some of y'all. I would like yall to put down whether or not you like rap music, why and your age or if you're uncomfortable with that your age range within a ten year span (ex. 20-29). I would like some good answer nothing like "I dont like rap because it sucks". If you want to give me an uncensored answer to why you dont like rap you can PM me. Thanks for y'alls help it is greatly appreciated

LET'S KICK SHELL
    COWABUNGA

F.A.N.T.O.M. Physician and Speech Writer

Dre, I'll try to help. I'm 57, and, no, I do not like "rap" music. I am ecclectic in my music tastes, love it all dearly, except "rap". IMO, "rap" does not qualify as music, but rather as verse set to a funky beat. I realize that not all "rap" music advocates violence against authorities and profuse use of profanity, but the majority does. That, coupled with the preferred "life style" of most "rap" artists which appears to be extreme opulence, whether they can afford it or not, and the predilection for choosing to speak in an unintelligble and untelligent fashion on every occasion, cause me to leave "rap" music out of my life and music library. BTW, I in no way, intend this criticism be directed at any particular race. My feelings are just as strong against "Eminem" as "50-Cent".

2013, 2015, 2016 3ADL FF Champ jason's Avatar

22 male
    i like the older 'original' rap - stuff like 2Pac/etc.....
    i can tolerate the new 50 cent type stuff, but its not the same....

..and for the record i enjoy most types of music with classic rock topping my list....

onfirebball05mustang

18 and i used to NEVER listen to rap...
    I agree that someo f it does have a LARGE lyric source from profanity and against all authority, but some of it does not. Sometimes it's good to just let loose and say what you mean when 'singing', but other times it can be quite inapproriate. Now, I listen to a great mix of rap, r&b, country, rock, alternative and christian...each has it's place and time. I, for one, would say I generally like it, although some songs need to just stay off my airwaves!

JMHO!

All-American BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END's Avatar

Rap Sucks.

I dislike rap because there really isn't much of a use of the English language, and most of the songs talk about the same thing.
    Official F.A.N.T.O.M. Liaison to Big XII Football, In Charge of Heavy Lifting

I Can Crush You Mentally and Physically

Bandera YaYa

40-49 Mom
    The reason I don't like rap is multi-fold. First, I really can't understand what is being said. Then I take a HUGE offense to the lyrics that degrade women...which seems to be prevelant in rap songs. The videos show half naked women all groping the rapper....like he is something to be worshiped and they are a lower class than him. I don't like this message it's sending to young boys and girls. Mix that with the violence, the guns, and general lack of respect to others, and you don't have anything I would want to listen to. That is my honest opinion. I'm not saying all the artists are bad people, but many are in the news fighting, shooting and killing. If this is not the lifestyles of rappers in reality, than why portray it in the music and the videos? I enjoy music that either soothes my soul or gets me dancing....there is enough violence and anger on the nitely news.

*** Ejected Player ***

15 Male

I like some of it. Mostly just eminem because you can understand him and he doesn't sing about chromed out 22's on his escalade and other gangster related stuff.

All-State

I'm mid-40's and concur with YaYa. I see nothing entertaining, redeeming or musical about the style. What most of it advocates violates my core beliefs and values and is detrimental to society. Good luck on your paper.

Ray_BearKat

22 male

I like some of it...mostly the more commercial stuff none of that hardcore underground rap.

All-American District303aPastPlayer's Avatar

21 Male

I like the stories I hear from guys like Common Sense, The Wu Tang Clan, Kanye West, Talib Kweli and Mos Def. They provide a look into the neighborhoods and childhoods of other areas of the nation. Kanye/Common - Chicago, Mos/Talib-Brooklyn, Wu Tang - Long Island

"...I never wanna see you cry... and I never wanna tell her lies..."

All-State

52 Most rap is crap except for Eminem!

Passages-Malibu recovering from a HS football addiction

28 male
    I do not care much for rap music. Most of what I have heard glorifies the street and large urban areas. This is not very representative of me or where I grew up. My values are small town values where it is still proper respect your elders, be polite, and live by the Golden Rule. Guns, drugs, gangs, and inner city struggle has no place in my world.
    F.A.N.T.O.M. El Presidente
    AKA "El Guapo"
    The greatest dirt waterer to ever live!
    Don't argue with an idiot, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience. - Thanks for that one 44!

All-American

Great subject Dre.

30 male

I can tolerate some rap now. What's funny is, back when I was in the sixth grade Run DMC came out. I thought it was cool. I was strictly rap after that. I liked NWA, LL Cool J, Doug E Fresh, Kool Moe Dee, RUN DMC, etc. all old school. With the exception of NWA those guys "battled" back and forth and it was cool. It was the start of a whole new scene. The whole gangsta thing has put a black eye IMO on rap. The genre needs to go back to its roots and give fans something positive.

ttt

LET'S KICK SHELL
    COWABUNGA

F.A.N.T.O.M. Physician and Speech Writer

AggieJohn

22 Male

I am a fan of the old school stuff i.e. tupac biggie

can't stand the gangster stuff. SPM was a joke.

Eminem and Nelly are lyricists 50 cent is a glorified idiot.

people who use all the differnt slang terms as titles in their Cd's are stupid

and master p is a joke