Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Clyde Baseball

BigAbe79

Lightbulb Clyde Baseball

the state better keep their eyes on the clyde baseball and softball programs they are both coming off impressive victorys over wylie and are leading in the lead for the district championship. The softball girls have a fresh pitcher who is unbelivible on the mound and will be a d1 player for sure the team is blessed with one of the best coaches in the state with their solid defense and high powered offense wich has beat district rival sweetwater by 20 points is set to go deep into the playoffs. The baseball team is led by pitcher justin baze whol led clyde to a 4 3 victory over the heavily favored wylie bulldogs this team has been the underdogs in every game they have played but are holding it toghether and in a district as good as this one who ever survives and makes it to the playoffs or the district championship has a great chance to go very deep. kepp it up bulldogs.....Hold the Rope

*** Ejected Player ***

CLYDE is playing very well right now. Both programs are making noise in the district.

Default Re: Clyde Baseball

Originally posted by BigAbe79
    the state better keep their eyes on the clyde baseball and softball programs they are both coming off impressive victorys over wylie and are leading in the lead for the district championship. The softball girls have a fresh pitcher who is unbelivible on the mound and will be a d1 player for sure the team is blessed with one of the best coaches in the state with their solid defense and high powered offense wich has beat district rival sweetwater by 20 points is set to go deep into the playoffs. The baseball team is led by pitcher justin baze whol led clyde to a 4 3 victory over the heavily favored wylie bulldogs this team has been the underdogs in every game they have played but are holding it toghether and in a district as good as this one who ever survives and makes it to the playoffs or the district championship has a great chance to go very deep. kepp it up bulldogs.....Hold the Rope
    where have you been? We have not heard from you sence about the middle of football season....
    TO ALL MY LOVE SLAVES OUT THERE.. BLACK MAGIC IS HERE.. IN THE FLESH BABY!!

Anyone know how the Sweetwater - Snyder baseball game came out tonight? Looks like the winner will have the inside track to the third playoff spot.

Looks like Snyder won, 5-4.

Originally posted by Snyder_TigerFan
    Looks like Snyder won, 5-4.
    boooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

LET'S KICK SHELL
    COWABUNGA

F.A.N.T.O.M. Physician and Speech Writer

HAhaha....way to go tigers! I figured they would win the second matchup.

AggieJohn

good

Default Re: Re: Clyde Baseball

Originally posted by Black_Magic
    where have you been? We have not heard from you sence about the middle of football season....
    He is one of the kids that kept memorializing the fact that Clyde had beat Wylie the year before and was insistent that they were gonna do it again this year. Take a look back at their record. I think they only had one win over a class 3A opponent.

As far as Wylie beng heavily favored I dont think Wylie is heavily favored over anyone this spring in baseball. They only had two or three wins in predistrict play. Congrats on the win though. It is nice that you base your entire seasons on wether or not you beat Wylie.
    "Luck is what happens when preparation meets opportunity."

I hope that someday we will be able to put away our fears and prejudices and just laugh at people.

I think the three baseball playoff spots are a toss up. any of 4 teams could take them.

Also a girls district golf note. Congrats to the Snyder I, Sweetwater, and Snyder II teams for finishing 1 2 3 in the district tourney. Some of the Snyder girls had outstanding rounds at Fairway Oaks Counry Club. The guys can attest to how tough this tract is. The boys played round two of their district tourney here last week in 35 mph hour winds and a temp that never got abouve 50 degrees.
    "Luck is what happens when preparation meets opportunity."

I hope that someday we will be able to put away our fears and prejudices and just laugh at people.

Default Re: Re: Re: Clyde Baseball

Originally posted by injuredinmelee
    As far as Wylie beng heavily favored I dont think Wylie is heavily favored over anyone this spring in baseball. They only had two or three wins in predistrict play. Congrats on the win though. It is nice that you base your entire seasons on wether or not you beat Wylie.
    I think Wylie should be favored. Heck when your a 4a school playing 3a schools you should win alot of games

mainevent33

I agree................ ne school that has twice as many students as everyone else in their district should be a favorite........... also when their varsity has as many players as your freshmen, JV, and varsity squads combined you should be considered a favorite as well................ The baseball team this year as played a couple of close games which we managed to win, which in the last couple of years we would have ended up losing........ which is a testiment to the team we have this year and the great job our coache's are doin

Starter

Originally posted by mainevent33
    I agree................ ne school that has twice as many students as everyone else in their district should be a favorite........... also when their varsity has as many players as your freshmen, JV, and varsity squads combined you should be considered a favorite as well................ The baseball team this year as played a couple of close games which we managed to win, which in the last couple of years we would have ended up losing........ which is a testiment to the team we have this year and the great job our coache's are doin
    Here we go with the numbers game again....Wylie does not have twice the number of students of everyone else in the district, including Clyde. Merkel is the only school that we double up on and they're not on here whining about "enrollment" numbers. Wylie has a lot of participation in baseball (and all sports) and that is based on a strong community little league program. Although our talent pool is wide, that doesn't necessarily mean it is deep. Wylie obviously lacks pitching depth this year regardless of how many players are on the team. Errors are another problem. In the Clyde/Wylie game all of Clyde's runs were unearned. HOWEVER, I will congratulate Clyde's pitching and defense for getting the job done. I can't say it's un upset, especially since Wylie isn't even .500 this season. Who knows, this may be Clyde's year in baseball and softball. Good luck!

Wylie will dip under the 4a mark next year too. Just long enough for the count to be made then back up again. Wylie had 940 at one point in the year this year but im sure it will dip back down again next fall so the can do the limbo under the bar. They have been doing it for the past 6 years so they will continue to do it.

Originally posted by injuredinmelee
    Also a girls district golf note. Congrats to the Snyder I, Sweetwater, and Snyder II teams for finishing 1 2 3 in the district tourney.
    Hey do you know if Mercer from Sweetwater won medalist title?

LET'S KICK SHELL
    COWABUNGA

F.A.N.T.O.M. Physician and Speech Writer