Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Region 1

Default Region 1

Teams to beat, projected divisions etc...???

wanna have something interesting to read when I get home later today...

football4life

Canyon should be good again, good returning defense, going to be spreading the ball around a whole lot again. no huddle offense again, good jr qb, 3 of 4 returning recievers. Borger was fairly young, if i remember, and i dont think perryton will be as strong as they have been. never know though.

my district 1-3A projection:
    1.Canyon
    2.Borger
    3.Perryton
    4.River Road
    5.Dalhart

*** Ejected Player *** HighSchool Fan's Avatar

it looks like Gainesville is gonna surprise some teams, esp. someone from Region 3.

I don't even know why I made these posts, Regions 1, 2 and 4 do not matter...

This is a one region state...

Rockdale Tiger

LOL

All-American

Division 1 looks like a 2 horse race....Gainesville and Abilene Wylie....Decatur could sneak in...Divison 2 looks wide open....Sweetwater and Snyder will be in the mix maybe Graham too

*** Ejected Player ***

not division 2 for graham, unless we've gotten smaller than vernon or IP

Matthew, i really want to agree with you on this, however, someone else has said that Gainesville is a also-ran. i still think your right though, it should come down to AW and Gville.

Originally posted by Matthew328
    Division 1 looks like a 2 horse race....Gainesville and Abilene Wylie....Decatur could sneak in...Divison 2 looks wide open....Sweetwater and Snyder will be in the mix maybe Graham too
    No way, the top teams in their respected districts in region 3 will be evenly distributed across the state (regions 1, 2 and 4)... there will be nothing but teams origionally from Region 3 left after the first couple of rounds...

Originally posted by Gobbla2001
    No way, the top teams in their respected districts in region 3 will be evenly distributed across the state (regions 1, 2 and 4)... there will be nothing but teams origionally from Region 3 left after the first couple of rounds...
    You "subbing" for Old Cardinal today, Gobbla?

hey guys, don't forget that Whitesboro is in Region I. they are sure to surprise some people this year. i bet they win atleast 3 games

Iowa Park has some really good players returning. The big issue is replacing Swenson, which is no small task, but the young man replacing him is bigger, stronger and only about a half step slower. It remains to be seen if he has the intangibles that Swen had, but IP should actually be better (older/more mature) at just about every position.

Originally posted by HighSchool Fan
    hey guys, don't forget that Whitesboro is in Region I. they are sure to surprise some people this year. i bet they win atleast 3 games
    You better watch out, HSF---that lilttle Whitesboro dog is going to bite you one of these days. I'm not ready to give a full report on the Bulls yet....don't have enough solid info to get a reliable picture. I will say that I think this year's Bull team has a lot of "darkhorse" potential and to "cliche" a little bit---"could surprise some folks", particularly if the the "O" line blocks for Colin Jones better.

Sweetwater has a lot of speed coming back next year, and it should be fun to see the Stangs run. We lose Thompson at qb, and the question I hear Sweetwater is having is they arent sure if they want to put Carrillo at qb because that would put him starting both ways. With a relatively young team Sweetwater got to the quarterfinals before losing to Snyder, with a year of experience in their back pocket, Sweetwater could make some noise. All that being said when it comes to district it will once again be the big three (Sweetwater, Snyder and Wylie) battling for the championship and I could see this coming year as being a three way tie for the district crown

LET'S KICK SHELL
    COWABUNGA

F.A.N.T.O.M. Physician and Speech Writer

Originally posted by Bullaholic
    You better watch out, HSF---that lilttle Whitesboro dog is going to bite you one of these days.
    Whitesboro

Gainesville, or any other 3a school that Whitesboro plays