Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Ray_BearKat

Default The Future: Raymondville's Burnett Stadium...

After doing some investigative snooping I snapped these shots of the construction going on here in Raymondville...$2.4 million and a 6000 seat capacity.

and this one of the HS...

Can't wait for next football season with our new stadium...

*** Ejected Player ***

I hope it will be done by then. Doesn't seem like that have much done yet.

Ray_BearKat

Yeah, they should...the construction company is working weekends as well...under they're current schedule they'll have the home side stands done by May for graduation and the complete the entire stadium by mid to late July.

All-District

Being a general contractor, I thought ya'll might enjoy a little trivia. The two largest stadium builders in the US are in Texas. Sturdi-Steel in Waco and Southern Bleacher Company in Graham.

Stadiums go up pretty quick. If they are putting up steel they will make it easily.

I built Robstown's stadium when I worked for my last employer.

Good judgement comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgement.

Ray_BearKat

Here are some of the our new stadium going up in Raymondville...its about 90% done, can't wait for our first game against Mathis at home.

Home side:

Visitors side:

View from the highway:

Junior Varsity

Looks good. The first two pics remind me of Gobbler Stadium for some reason. Add another press box to the visitors side and it would be a darn good copy.

Gobbler Stadium used to be the football stadium at Wharton Jr. College before the booster club bought it, moved it, and reassembled it in Cuero during the late 1960s. It also seats 6,000--probably why it looks similar to this one.

All-American

looks like emily was trying to roll in those pictures. congrats on the new stadium. gosh i wish we could get one. i haven't sat at a home game in 3 years.

Originally posted by maroogreen
    Looks good. The first two pics remind me of Gobbler Stadium for some reason. Add another press box to the visitors side and it would be a darn good copy.

Gobbler Stadium used to be the football stadium at Wharton Jr. College before the booster club bought it, moved it, and reassembled it in Cuero during the late 1960s. It also seats 6,000--probably why it looks similar to this one.
    It does look a like lot Gobbler Stadium. Gobbler stadium has 6 light standards though and seats 6,800.
    "GO MEAN GREEN"
    When we're bad, we're good. When we're good, we're BAD !
    767-380-38

Junior Varsity

Good eye, Old Green

Hey Ray Bearkat, how old/small was your original stadium? Also, new school looks good. Sort of resembles the entrance to a shopping mall.

GO MEAN GREEN!!

Ray_BearKat

This is the original Burnett Stadium built in the 1940's...its capacity was 2500.

Originally posted by Ray_BearKat

This is the original Burnett Stadium built in the 1940's...its capacity was 2500.
    Deffinatly needed! I was driving by the school here today and the scoreboard was gone and i had heard they wantws to get a new one which we needed BAD....Icant wait to see it hopefully it's nice

Ray_BearKat

It's finally here our grand opening this Friday...

Also coming soon to RHS, a new scrolling marquee for the front of the HS, 2 soccer fields, improved parking for the stadiums northside, and an access road for the northside parking to the frontage road off of Hwy 77.

I'm glad we're finally getting all these improvements...

Very, very nice Bearkat!

AggieJohn

that's exciting