Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    All-American

Default Canton High School Football Coach was shot in the fieldhouse...

This was on the news here in Austin about 2 minutes ago. I'll look on the DMN website for more info.
    All-Time Series Record: 60-43-5

Alumnus:

Gainesville Leopards
    The University of Texas (B.S.)
    West Texas A&M University (M.A.)
    University of Nebraska (future Ph.D)

tmac

updates?

OMG!! That is terrible news!!

All-American

CANTON, Texas - An East Texas high school football coach was apparently shot on the campus Thursday, and all schools in the district were locked down while police searched for the shooter, according to broadcast reports.

The condition of the victim, who reportedly was shot at the school's athletic field house, wasn't immediately available.

**This is all I could find. I'm assuming the shooting happened literally a few minutes to an hour ago because I can't find anything on it.

Alumnus:

Gainesville Leopards

coachingislife

Got this off The Old Coach. Please please pray! Coaches name is Coach Kinne

"Coach Kinne has a son, and the shooter reportedly has a son enrolled in school in Canton. Channel 4 reported that the shooter had a "hit list" of people, and indicated that he would not be taken live by law enforcement. My prayers go out to all involved in this tragedy.

CNN just reported he is in surgery in TMF in Tyler. "

pirate44

what a sad situation.

coachingislife

This is from KLTV in Tyler.

There was a shooting at Canton High School this morning. Athletic Director and Head Football Coach Gary Joe Kinne has reportly been shot. He has been care flighted to a Tyler hospital. His condition is not yet known. Mr Kinne has been Athletic Director and Head Football Coach of Canton High School since 2003.

All school campuses in Canton ISD are under lockdown. Schools in Van ISD are under partial lockdown as a precautionary measure.

Police have identified suspect in this morning's shooting. He is Jefferey Doyal Robertson. Police throughout East Texas have been notified to be on the lookout for Robertson. He was last seen driving a 2004 Black Dodge extended cab with license plates 64N-XW1.

Stay tuned to KLTV, Channel 7 News and kltv.com for the latest updates on this breaking news story.

All-American

He was shot in the chest.

Alumnus:

Gainesville Leopards

FootballChik98

This is very sad. Thoughts and prayers with the Kinne family and everyone involved.

All-American

Grand Saline and Van ISD's are on lockdown.

Seems like this guy's son was disciplined by Coach Kinne yesterday. hence, the shooting.

Alumnus:

Gainesville Leopards

Bandera YaYa

Such sad, horrible news........am praying for him and his family......

All-American

I'm just updating for folks since I have no class the rest of the day and this is a sad situation.

But the shooter has/had a hit list which had the following on it:

Hit list consisted of:

AD
    Head Baseball Coach
    Father-in-law
    himself

Alumnus:

Gainesville Leopards

Manck

As a guy who has met Coach Kinne personally, this really pisses me off. From the vibe I got when Terry and I did a game in Canton, Coach Kinne has not always been the most well liked guy. Canton really isn't much of a football town, but their recent success has been spreading out the support of the community to all programs, not just band and basketball like it was traditionally.

When I met Coach Kinne on the sidelines just before kickoff of a game that would see his team eliminated from playoff contention, even though they won handily, he seemed to be a really nice guy who ran a tight ship, but still let the kids have fun.

A report from smoaky.com's boards say that the assailant's son was disciplined by Coach Kinne yesterday, and there is a hitlist including Coach Kinne and the head baseball coach.

It looks like someone should have taught this man a little bit about conflict resolution.

My prayers go out to the Kinne family. Reports are that Gary's condition is deteriorating. I met his wife at a tailgate, and she was nothing but nice. His son G.J. is a rising junior who is the starting quarterback and has a cannon for an arm and has a real promising future. I can't remember if there's more family, but my prayers go out to them, and I hope that they catch the bastard who shot him.

SORRY about the language. This is making me mad.

All-American

Coach Kinne

Alumnus:

Gainesville Leopards

All-American

Originally posted by Manck
    As a guy who has met Coach Kinne personally, this really pisses me off. From the vibe I got when Terry and I did a game in Canton, Coach Kinne has not always been the most well liked guy. Canton really isn't much of a football town, but their recent success has been spreading out the support of the community to all programs, not just band and basketball like it was traditionally.

When I met Coach Kinne on the sidelines just before kickoff of a game that would see his team eliminated from playoff contention, even though they won handily, he seemed to be a really nice guy who ran a tight ship, but still let the kids have fun.

A report from smoaky.com's boards say that the assailant's son was disciplined by Coach Kinne yesterday, and there is a hitlist including Coach Kinne and the head baseball coach.

It looks like someone should have taught this man a little bit about conflict resolution.

My prayers go out to the Kinne family. Reports are that Gary's condition is deteriorating. I met his wife at a tailgate, and she was nothing but nice. His son G.J. is a rising junior who is the starting quarterback and has a cannon for an arm and has a real promising future. I can't remember if there's more family, but my prayers go out to them, and I hope that they catch the bastard who shot him.

SORRY about the language. This is making me mad.
    No need to apologize Manck (at least to me). This is bad upsetting news.

Go Sinton Pirates and Lady Pirates! I also like old movies like "Dawn at Socorro." I also like the Tour de France. I like the Pelican West Band located at South Padre Island, Texas. Phil is PhiI is Bill is the compassion police. He is also the Sinton Matador. Some call him the Sinton Prophet. {Also Captain Obvious. } BEWARE OF THE HOWLING BEAR! He's going for the Corner - he's got it! Roy Orbison rules.
    Phil C Cares!