Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    All-American

Default My Prediction for the Div 1 State Title Game

You heard it here first...Gainesville vs Cuero at Floyd Casey Stadium...

I know I am really going out on a limb but I think that's what we'll see!

hmmm....Will Cuero go Div. I next year? Gonzales might make the play offs and if I'm not mistaken, they are the "big" school in that district.

Practice Squad

Nice choice. I think this will be a great possibility if both teams have good offseasons.

Practice Squad

yes Pirate 44, Gonzales is the big school in our district but I do not see them making the playoffs. JV and Freshman were both not very good, and they dont have alot of talent returning from this year's varsity. But you never know, thats why you play the games.

Originally posted by We're Back
    yes Pirate 44, Gonzales is the big school in our district but I do not see them making the playoffs. JV and Freshman were both not very good, and they dont have alot of talent returning from this year's varsity. But you never know, thats why you play the games.
    I'm P4S. For some reason I thought (am hoping) Gonzales was gonna have an up year ...

Rockdale Tiger

I think we scrimmage Gonzales...

Practice Squad

My bad pirate4state, I'm new to the site so can i catch some slack?lol. sorry to " burst your bubble" but unless Gonzales gets some transfer students, I do not see them making the playoffs. For District 26-3A, I see us(Cuero), Hallettsville, and Luling( yes thats not a type-oh) making the playoffs. Yoakum, although having a great coach, will not have the talent to make the playoffs this year in my opinion.

Administrator/Owner LH Panther Mom's Avatar

Yoakum, although having a great coach, will not have the talent to make the playoffs this year in my opinion.
    I won't know how to react if that's the case. I know Coach Crow & Coach Vance mutually agreed that they're tired of playing each other. I guess we shall see.
    Quick side! Strong side! Crank up the Machine!

My bad pirate4state, I'm new to the site so can i catch some slack?lol.
    very little slack! J/K - Welcome to the site!

sorry to " burst your bubble" but unless Gonzales gets some transfer students, I do not see them making the playoffs.
    the least you could do is keep my "bubble" intact!! I'll still hold out...stranger things have happened!

Rockdale Tiger

Nice choice. I think this will be a great possibility if both teams have good offseasons.
    Welcome to your addiction...

Practice Squad

So, Im curious, if it in fact ends up being Gainesville vs. Cuero in the finals, who do yall think would win, and why would they win?

I for one do not know what Gainesville is bringing to the table next year, so I cannot really say who I think would win...

But as far as Cuero goes? Better have a dang big table...

I still think Gonzales can squeeze in the playoffs, so I wouldn't say we're a for sure D1 yet... But you know more than I do...

All-American

I could see Gonzales making the playoffs but I see em in 4th.....I think Cuero would have easily won state last year if Cooper hadn't gotten hurt..(sorry Wylie fans) that being said the Gobblers darn near won it all using their 2nd and 3rd team RB's....Cooper is back but Cuero lost a lot....I think Cuero will still have enough to get outta Reg 4....the Reg champ will be tough....could be Palestine again or maybe WOS won't pull what they pulled last year...as for Gainesville they return the house....have not 1 but 2 transfer QB's who will step in and take that spot over...I am hearing the kid from Mineral Wells has the inside track and the kid from Arlington Seguin may be used at WR/DB....

What are your thoughts on DII?

I Praise God For Every Second He Gave Me To Wear The Name Jasper Across My Chest

Very good analysis, Matt, but I still can't get over the 'team' that Wylie had, they were great and fun to watch...

Also, Matt, our 2nd string RB (a Jr.) only played one game last year (300 yards, I believe), he didn't play the last 14 games, he'll be back...

Gainesville sounds like a tough one...

In D2 you gotta look at Jasper, I believe, Silsbee should make the playoffs again unless I'm mistaken...

I also believe that if Jasper does go D2, they will have a tough R4 opponent waiting...

Liberty Hill will be a little stronger next year, including anyone who could beat them...

But I'm thinking Jasper...
    Last edited by Gobbla2001; 04-06-2005 at 07:17 PM.