onfirebball05mustang

Default More Baseball Talk

I've been a bit behind on all things baseball this season and was curious what the general consensus for the various teams was...in other words, who do i need to root for come playoffs? Our team isn't looking so hot. I heard at the preseasons that Sinton, Yoakum, Bridge City, Lubbock Cooper, Van and Spring Hill were looking good...
    Preseason said:
    3-Sinton
    5-Yoakum
    7 Lubbock Cooper
    Jasper's listed too...

Then i checked out some polls
    Yoakum- 14-1-3
    Lubbock's 19-3-6
    Bridge City- 18-4-7

Question is...HOW are they doing other then these stats?

All-American

I think at the half-way mark Sinton is tied in District with 3 - 1 records along with Mathis and Aransas Pass. Falfurrias looks like they have a good team this year too.

Go Sinton Pirates and Lady Pirates! I also like old movies like "Dawn at Socorro." I also like the Tour de France. I like the Pelican West Band located at South Padre Island, Texas. Phil is PhiI is Bill is the compassion police. He is also the Sinton Matador. Some call him the Sinton Prophet. {Also Captain Obvious. } BEWARE OF THE HOWLING BEAR! He's going for the Corner - he's got it! Roy Orbison rules.
    Phil C Cares!

Originally posted by Phil C
    I think at the half-way mark Sinton is tied in District with 3 - 1 records along with Mathis and Aransas Pass. Falfurrias looks like they have a good team this year too.
    Not AP, we are 1-3 in district...but did upset the undefeated Mathis last night so all is not lost. If anything, we made things a bit more interesting....you Sinton fans can line up and thank us anytime you get ready.....

All-American

Originally posted by AP Panther Fan
    Not AP, we are 1-3 in district...but did upset the undefeated Mathis last night so all is not lost. If anything, we made things a bit more interesting....you Sinton fans can line up and thank us anytime you get ready.....
    Sorry AP I thought it was the other way. Thank you!!

Go Sinton Pirates and Lady Pirates! I also like old movies like "Dawn at Socorro." I also like the Tour de France. I like the Pelican West Band located at South Padre Island, Texas. Phil is PhiI is Bill is the compassion police. He is also the Sinton Matador. Some call him the Sinton Prophet. {Also Captain Obvious. } BEWARE OF THE HOWLING BEAR! He's going for the Corner - he's got it! Roy Orbison rules.
    Phil C Cares!

pirate44

im first in line. thank you Aransas Pass Mighty Panthers

Originally posted by pirate44

I LIKE that.....you are quite welcome!

All-American

Originally posted by pirate44

ditto for me too! Thank you Aransas Pass!

Phil C Cares!

Originally posted by Phil C
    ditto for me too! Thank you Aransas Pass!

de nada

anytime...

onfirebball05mustang

lol cool stuff! I'll have to watch out for those teams this year...Our game last night vs. Rockdale was stopped due to lightning...hope we finish it off right tonight!

Thank you to the (in sticking with conosance in sports talk) Awesomely Powerful Aransass Pass Panthers!!!

Originally posted by onfirebball05mustang
    Thank you to the (in sticking with conosance in sports talk) Awesomely Powerful Aransass Pass Panthers!!!
    he he hee.....you are also most welcome!

I am enjoying this waaaay too much...next time spell Aransas Pass right though.

onfirebball05mustang

oh so sorry..i got so caught up in being all humble and respectful i had a little accident...

LOL!!

So, I did read this right on the other thread! WTG AP!! Did you beat them in Mathis? That'd be especially sweet. Congrats on the win -- hope Sinton can beat them the 2nd time around!

Oh, I forgot to say THANKS!!! From your friends in Sinton.

All-American

I continue to say don't go by the win/loss record--go by the strength of preseason schedule. Bridge City has lost 4 games but played the toughest they can schedule from TX and Louisiana of higher classifications. I would venture that schools that do this would be undefeated if they had played the pansy schedules that many in the higher rankings have faced. My take is that BC and Columbus are the lead teams in 3A at this time because of they have bit the bullet and played the best available.

All-American

I continue to say don't go by the win/loss record--go by the strength of preseason schedule. Bridge City has lost 4 games but played the toughest they can schedule from TX and Louisiana of higher classifications. I would venture that schools that do this would be undefeated if they had played the pansy schedules that many in the higher rankings have faced. My take is that BC and Columbus are the lead teams in 3A at this time because of they have bit the bullet and played the best available.