Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Starter

Default Softball scores 4/1-2/05

25-AAA will play on Saturday

Other scores that I saw:
    Gonzales 6, Hallettsville 3
    Yoakum 15, Luling 0
    Edna 5, Cuero 4 (8)

Here's something interesting.......I saw the New Braunfels - Dripping Springs game Friday night and on the way back home, I went through Wimberley. I saw the lights on at the softball field and stopped just to check it out. Wimberley was playing Brady and it was the 7th inning with Wimberley up 8-2. Figured I would get to see an inning just out of curiosity. Brady scored 11 runs in the top of the 7th and won the game 13-9. One of the most unbelieveable comebacks I've seen in a very long time.
    AMC Lady Tigers -- Back to Back 12-AAAAA Champions!
    Regional Semi-finalists (28-11)

Administrator/Owner LH Panther Mom's Avatar

Default Re: Softball scores 4/1-2/05

Originally posted by 18handicap
    Here's something interesting.......I saw the New Braunfels - Dripping Springs game Friday night and on the way back home, I went through Wimberley. I saw the lights on at the softball field and stopped just to check it out. Wimberley was playing Brady and it was the 7th inning with Wimberley up 8-2. Figured I would get to see an inning just out of curiosity. Brady scored 11 runs in the top of the 7th and won the game 13-9. One of the most unbelieveable comebacks I've seen in a very long time.
    Wow! That's incredible.

LH girls defeated Ingram 20-1 last night. We are undefeated in district play. WTG girls!
    Quick side! Strong side! Crank up the Machine!

Arrow Sinton Softball

Sinton 8 Ingleside 4

All-American

Sorry I'm late 18. Sinton 8 Ingleside 5

Thank you PPHSfan and Keith7!

Bellville22

Bellville 5, Rice Cons. 0

Bellville moves to 5-0 in district play, and remains in the driver's seat for the district crown.

some1

Sealy Girls defeated Navasota Last night 4-2 to move into 2nd place in district 20 at 4-1 right behind bellville

CRHSeagle

castleberry 18
    ranchview 0
    3 innings

All-American

Last night it was Falfurrias 11 San Diego 1

Goliad 12 Mathis 0

Aransas Pass 4 Orange Grove 3

Today Saturday it was 4A Beeville 5 3A Sinton 1.

Thank you PPHSfan and Keith7!

All-American

Softball: Bridge City 4 WO-S 0 That was the 4th perfect game pitched in a row for BC in District. Three by Meagan Godwin including this Friday night and one perfect game by Elena Clinton two games back. BC hit into two line-drive double plays with the bases loaded; thus the lower score for the night. Today(Saturday) they beat 4A Vidor in a non-District game 5-1 winning pitcher was Freshman placement pitcher Shandi Conner who kept the pressure on the Pirates.

Friday night BC boys knocked 4 home runs and won 12-2 in FIVE innings. Cody Sparks, Ben Myers, Kevin Angelle and Hunter "Homerun" Hays topped the fence. Estimates are that Hays hit one over 440'; it topped the tallow trees back of the park and hit a roof in a housing complex behind right-center field. There was a 40 mph wind coming from behind home plate however. Kirk Vincent was the only one of the regular home run hitters that did not get one last night. Game after game these guys are hitting HRs now.

BC teams are looking very strong indeed OC.

Jdog and I witnessed the Jasper/Coldspring game last night. Jasper won that contest 10-0 in 5 innings. Junior pitcher last named Alvis, pitched a complete game 1 hitter (maybe it was two we were talking a lot). Jasper's team hit the ball hard all night. Baserunning seems to be a bit shaky for the bulldogs.

District record is at 3-0 for the young Bulldog team. I understand they have a total of 5 players that are upperclassmen on the entire squad.

Interesting tid-bit of info about the Cuero girls....... the coach had a baby Weds evening and was at the game coaching Friday night..... Baby and grandma watched from the car Now that's dedication

Isn't it strange that after a bombing everyone blames the Crazy Azz bomber(s), but after a shooting the problem is the gun?

All-American

Hup, Sounds like Jasper is maturing a lot! Who do you think they will meet in Bi-district?

Starter

25-AAA from Saturday

Needville 10, Stafford 0
    Columbia 4, Palacios 0
    Wharton 7, Sweeny 1
    AMC Lady Tigers -- Back to Back 12-AAAAA Champions!
    Regional Semi-finalists (28-11)

registered

Default Sweeny / Wharton

I was at the game and it looked like Wharton was hitting the ball very well. Their pitcher had 2 doubles and an over the fence home run. Sweeny tried to rally and had a lot of runners on base, but could never get a big hit like Wharton.

There was some commotion near the Sweeny dugout that I could see. Looked like the coach and a parent were getting into it pretty good. I heard that the parent was against the dugout running his mouth and the coach tried to run him off and looked like they might fight. Embarrassing, but I don't think people should be allowed to stand against the dugout running their mouths. I don't think the coaches get to come to the parents' jobs and tell them what to do.

Ray_BearKat

hey Phil, did you happen to catch the Bishop - Raymondville game scores on the news?