Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    All-American

Default Cell Phone Service

Who is your Cell Phone service carrier? The good and the bad about the service? Best phones? I've been with Sprint for the past 7 + years and I'm totally frustated with them now. I still have a year on my contract right now,but I'm willing to break that. I'm considering other options. I've gotta have all the gadgets or bells and whistles. I'm really interested in Cingular and T-Mobile and maybe Verizon. Thanks.

Verizon has a lot of restrictions that I didn't like...

Cingular is what I use now, haven't had too many probs minus the 'usual' billing mistakes you get with any service...

Cingular

Say no to Verizon Wireless!

2013, 2015, 2016 3ADL FF Champ jason's Avatar

ive had cingular for 4 years now..never had any problems...

I've had Cingular for 8 years now and I'm satified. Service everytime i need it.

Verizon still has a lot of dead spots around the Victoria area.
    "GO MEAN GREEN"
    When we're bad, we're good. When we're good, we're BAD !
    767-380-38

I came from T-Mobile to Sprint and was totally disappointed. Sprint's the worst carrier I've come across... if my family, my friends, and my girlfriend didn't have it (I have free Sprint to Sprint) I'd ditch it. T-Mobile's reception is about the same, but they don't have roaming. Plus all of Sprint's services are outrageous. It's $2 for a call to directory assistance. That's almost three times what T-Mobile charged. Their technology lags way behind the other companies, as their one of the last companies in the nation who doesn't use an all-digital network and their phones still use IMEI, an outdated technology. Most other companies have switched to SIM phones, where the brains of the phone is stored on a tiny chip and can be transferred from phone to phone.

I do have to friends who have Cingular and swear by it. It's a little more expensive, but it seems like the best of any of the companies I've heard of. You get rollover minutes and they definitely have the best reception out of any of the other companies.
    F.A.N.T.O.M. CEO

All-American

had cingular recently for less than a year. paid extra 5 bucks for an itemized bill that i never received. called everymonth to complain, and was told to go to a cingular store and get one. so i would go and pay 3 bucks for a copy of it. then i had a bunch of extranneous charges for numbers i never called. called to complain. said they would audit my account. called back. again said they would place a work order and get back to me. called again. guy tells me there is no such thing. my bills went something like this.

1st month 47.99
    2nd month 47.99 and had 200 minutes accumulated.
    blah
    blah
    blah
    7th month 47.99 and had accumulated over 1000 rollover minutes
    8th month 259.93 cents went over my minutes
    9th month 403.24 cents...over again
    10th month 512.60 cents...
    then cancelled service
    went to sprint.

file complaint with their customer complaint department. then NCO financial calls to collect 800 bucks for my last bill and cancellation of contrace fee. File another complaint. Still havent heard back from them. I called every month complaining about not getting a bill I paid for, and for the last 3 months about how I used that many minutes in one month( I didnt) and why I was being billed from cingular to cingular. NO answer. Still up in the air today. Judge for yourself. I work all the time, and hardly ever use my phone. Then out of nowhere I use over 1800 minutes in one month. and continue the trend....Right. And when I cancelled service I filed the complaint and was told that I did not have to pay the full amount and my account was being audited again...(thought they didnt exist), and to not pay if I felt like they breeched the contract for extranneous charges. If this hits my credit I will pay whatever it takes to go after them. Their customer service sucks, and they at no point in time did anything to try to help me fix my problem. And they charge you for minutes when you call for help. Also as a problem for the billing they said they were going to send a certified bill for me to sign so they could see if my bill was coming to me....never got it. Called back and they said they didnt do that either. So all I got out of them was a bunch of lies, and they tried to rip off someone that went out of their way to get their own bill, while being charged for it twice. I HATE CINGULAR.
    "Those who would give up an essential liberty for temporary security deserve neither..." Ben Franklin

i have t-mobile.. it is ok.. better than verizon.. that just sucked.. i dont have that many dropped calls with t-mobile. i have 600 anytimes minutes free nights and weekends after 9 and no long distance and 300 text messages and i think its like 53 a month or somethng like that.

~Not keeping her opinion to herself since Oct. 2002~

Originally posted by rockdale80
    had cingular recently for less than a year. paid extra 5 bucks for an itemized bill that i never received. called everymonth to complain, and was told to go to a cingular store and get one. so i would go and pay 3 bucks for a copy of it. then i had a bunch of extranneous charges for numbers i never called. called to complain. said they would audit my account. called back. again said they would place a work order and get back to me. called again. guy tells me there is no such thing. my bills went something like this.

1st month 47.99
    2nd month 47.99 and had 200 minutes accumulated.
    blah
    blah
    blah
    7th month 47.99 and had accumulated over 1000 rollover minutes
    8th month 259.93 cents went over my minutes
    9th month 403.24 cents...over again
    10th month 512.60 cents...
    then cancelled service
    went to sprint.

file complaint with their customer complaint department. then NCO financial calls to collect 800 bucks for my last bill and cancellation of contrace fee. File another complaint. Still havent heard back from them. I called every month complaining about not getting a bill I paid for, and for the last 3 months about how I used that many minutes in one month( I didnt) and why I was being billed from cingular to cingular. NO answer. Still up in the air today. Judge for yourself. I work all the time, and hardly ever use my phone. Then out of nowhere I use over 1800 minutes in one month. and continue the trend....Right. And when I cancelled service I filed the complaint and was told that I did not have to pay the full amount and my account was being audited again...(thought they didnt exist), and to not pay if I felt like they breeched the contract for extranneous charges. If this hits my credit I will pay whatever it takes to go after them. Their customer service sucks, and they at no point in time did anything to try to help me fix my problem. And they charge you for minutes when you call for help. Also as a problem for the billing they said they were going to send a certified bill for me to sign so they could see if my bill was coming to me....never got it. Called back and they said they didnt do that either. So all I got out of them was a bunch of lies, and they tried to rip off someone that went out of their way to get their own bill, while being charged for it twice. I HATE CINGULAR.
    Now that you mention it, I did have a simular problem once...

They said I used 330 text messages one month...

I had only sent and received 19 total EVER at that time (not big on using my cell phone 24-7 like some folks) and had used AIM like 3 times, but talked to people very little TOTAL (not just in that one month), I was pretty pissed, but they took care of it...

that sux

All-American

the numbers they say i was calling were in mexico(know noone there), and out of state....not dead sure I really know anyone out of state. I just hope it gets taken care of and doesnt affect my credit. Then the S#$% will hit the fan for real.
    "Those who would give up an essential liberty for temporary security deserve neither..." Ben Franklin

bigpimpin

You should get Air Wireless like me. The service is terrible, you can only talk to people nearby, but you can't be the prices. And when you sign up you get a free hand phone.

Leopards,class of 75

I have been 100% satisfied with Sprint for over 6 years!!! I really believe that every cell service has it's strong points along with weak points, depending upon where you live. I get 750 anyime minutes and unlimited nights and weekends after 8:00 p.m. for $39.99 a month.

Originally posted by rockdale80
    the numbers they say i was calling were in mexico(know noone there), and out of state....not dead sure I really know anyone out of state. I just hope it gets taken care of and doesnt affect my credit. Then the S#$% will hit the fan for real.
    A few years back that was a big problem along the border area. They had some kind of device which you could at Radio Shack that would pick up your cell phone signal code. They would then hack your phone and all the charges would be on your bill. It never happened to me but I know two that it happened to.
    "GO MEAN GREEN"
    When we're bad, we're good. When we're good, we're BAD !
    767-380-38

Ray_BearKat

I think it does affect your credit...

I've had Sprint since HS and haven't had any trouble whatsoever...a few months i went phone crazy and had 100+ bills but for the most part i have a regular bill of about 65-70 dollars...and that is with sprint to sprint, 7pm nights and weekends and internet. And for the most part i say out of the remote regions of Texas so service is usually pretty good.