Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Starter

Default Sinton vs. Mathis

0-0 in bottom of 3rd.

Starter

This is the boys score.

Starter

2-1 final score. Mathis Pirates win this one.

All-American

A good defensive game by both teams. Sinton had them 1 to 0 but in top of 7th Mathis scored two runs on the same play by two throwing errors that should have got an out. But that is baseball.

Thank you PPHSfan and Keith7!

All-American

On one play a Mathis batter hit a hard ball right to our pitcher injuring him. The runner was put out by our catcher throwing to first. The Mathis dugout and coaches came out of the dugout and greated the Mathis batter as he came back while our pitcher lay injured. I have never seen that before. I hope they didn't come out because they were celebrating injuring our pitcher. If they did that was a lack of class. Hopefully, Mike can straghten it out but that was bad timing to come out of the dugout on an out right when someone was hurt.

Thank you PPHSfan and Keith7!

Dang, that sounded like a helluva game. Sounds like Mathis has taken a step forward this year.
    F.A.N.T.O.M. CEO

GOFOR2

Originally posted by PhiI C
    On one play a Mathis batter hit a hard ball right to our pitcher injuring him. The runner was put out by our catcher throwing to first. The Mathis dugout and coaches came out of the dugout and greated the Mathis batter as he came back while our pitcher lay injured. I have never seen that before. I hope they didn't come out because they were celebrating injuring our pitcher. If they did that was a lack of class. Hopefully, Mike can straghten it out but that was bad timing to come out of the dugout on an out right when someone was hurt.
    Phil, that is exactly what I saw. Mathis is usually pretty classless.
    They dont know how to win or lose gracefully. Also, after the victory you would have thought they had won the World Series. I thought both teams played well, outside the two bad throws, but to basically cheer an injury is just pretty pathetic. But I suppose we should not expect anything less from Mathis. You know, you dont win championships with good talent, you win them with good people.

pirate44

sounds like a good game, but i hope they can bounce back. did Sinton lose any district games last year? i dont remember

All-American

Originally posted by pirate44
    sounds like a good game, but i hope they can bounce back. did Sinton lose any district games last year? i dont remember
    I don't think they lost any last year but year before last they (and I may have my timing mixed up) lost to Mathis in the first game but West Oso became a power and upset Mathis. Sinton beat West Oso twice so that led to a final showdown with Mathis that Sinton won and thus retained the district championship.

Go Sinton Pirates and Lady Pirates! I also like old movies like "Dawn at Socorro." I also like the Tour de France. I like the Pelican West Band located at South Padre Island, Texas. Phil is PhiI is Bill is the compassion police. He is also the Sinton Matador. Some call him the Sinton Prophet. {Also Captain Obvious. } BEWARE OF THE HOWLING BEAR! He's going for the Corner - he's got it! Roy Orbison rules.
    Phil C Cares!

All-American

Originally posted by GOFOR2
    They dont know how to win or lose gracefully. Also, after the victory you would have thought they had won the World Series. I thought both teams played well, outside the two bad throws, but to basically cheer an injury is just pretty pathetic. But I suppose we should not expect anything less from Mathis. You know, you dont win championships with good talent, you win them with good people.
    Hey GO were their fans cheering? My attention was so much on the field I didn't notice if their fans were cheering.

Go Sinton Pirates and Lady Pirates! I also like old movies like "Dawn at Socorro." I also like the Tour de France. I like the Pelican West Band located at South Padre Island, Texas. Phil is PhiI is Bill is the compassion police. He is also the Sinton Matador. Some call him the Sinton Prophet. {Also Captain Obvious. } BEWARE OF THE HOWLING BEAR! He's going for the Corner - he's got it! Roy Orbison rules.
    Phil C Cares!

All-American

Originally posted by big daddy russ
    Dang, that sounded like a helluva game. Sounds like Mathis has taken a step forward this year.
    Don't forget Goliad Big. Sinton struggled to beat them 1 - 0 and I don't think they have played Mathis yet. It could make things interesting if Goliad can beat Mathis.

Phil C Cares!

All-American

Originally posted by GOFOR2
    Also thank you for confirming what I saw and that we are in agreement. I have never seen a team greet a player like that who has just grounded out even though he advanced a runner from first to second. Mathis coaches and players were showing bad class and bad judgement last night.
    Last edited by Phil C; 03-30-2005 at 02:33 PM.

Phil C Cares!

Starter

Originally posted by PhiI C
    A good defensive game by both teams. Sinton had them 1 to 0 but in top of 7th Mathis scored two runs on the same play by two throwing errors that should have got an out. But that is baseball.
    Hi Phil, can you give us a better picture of what happened? Where was the ball hit? Who made the bad throws? Caller Times says Mathis scored on four-base error. Trying to figure out just what they mean.
    Last edited by SINTON81; 03-30-2005 at 09:13 AM.

All-American

Originally posted by SINTON81
    Hi Phil, can you give us a better picture of what happened? Where was the ball hit? Who made the bad throws?
    I am not sure whether it was third base or ss but Mathis had a runner on first or maybe second I am not sure now but a grounder went to him and he had an easy out at first but the throw was over thrown and the Mathis runner easily made it in. The batter went on around to second and was going to third. A good throw would probably have got him out but the ball again was overthrown and the batter was able to easily run to score giving them two points and what was ultimately the winning score. It was similar to what happened to us against Lorena at State.

Phil C Cares!

Originally posted by Phil C
    I don't think they lost any last year but year before last they (and I may have my timing mixed up) lost to Mathis in the first game but West Oso became a power and upset Mathis. Sinton beat West Oso twice so that led to a final showdown with Mathis that Sinton won and thus retained the district championship.
    I almost positive they lost to Mathis (in Mathis) last year. Two years ago is when we went to State and lost to Lorena.