Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Letterman

Default Rice Raider baseball

Man...what a great job by the boys and coaches at Rice....

They ain't had a winning record in baseball since Pam Anderson was all-natural.

Way to go T!!!

Yes, they are doing a great job!!!! Let's keep it rolling in district!!!

Letterman

Woooooohoooooooo......

Rice is 2-0 in district after a win over Sealy last night.....

I may be wrong but that dude over there giving signs looks an awful lot like Whitey Herzog.....

Dang T!!!

chugbug

Congratulations Raiders. I agree with Crow, He does look like Whitey. I have been a Raider fan for 15 years and this might be the best baseball team that we have had. You'll have to ask Delmer Krenek about that. He knows more about that than I do. Well Good job Coach Trixler. I'll see you at the game Friday nite. :flamingma

Way to go, guys!!!! Great job!!

Bellville22

Congrats guys, keep it up.

Originally posted by Bellville22
    Congrats guys, keep it up.
    Thanks. How did Bellville do last night?

chugbug

Ol Delmer tells me that Coach Trixler really has those boys playing baseball. I haven't had a chance to see a game because I have been too busy with my crawfish. I will however be there Friday Night to see the Raiders beat the Heiffers.

chugbug

Ol Delmer tells me that those Bellville boys are good and that they are ranked in State. I've got to load about 4000 lbs. of crawfish onto a bob-tail Friday, that is hard to do with a pegleg, but I am not going to miss that game. I'm sure that Coach Trixler has something up his sleeve for those boys. I would not miss it for the world. Good Luck Raiders.

I think Ol' Delmar might have misunderstood. I think the Bellville girls are probably ranked, but not so sure about the boys. I might be wrong, but thought Bellville boys were struggling. I guess we'll find out Friday night.

Bellville22

Haha, no, the Bellville boys are not ranked in state. They put together good showings against Navasota and Hempstead, but overall the program is down quite a bit from previous years.

I would imagine that Luetge would throw vs. Rice on Friday. He's the ace of the team, and when he throws, Bellville is pretty respectable. Should be a pretty good game Friday.

The softball team is who is ranked so high in the polls. Last I saw they were at #4. Very good, very complete team, could make a run through a very tough region.

rhs78

Cool

congrats raiders, keep it going,this is great because when i was in school we didnt play b-ball

Originally posted by rhs78
    congrats raiders, keep it going,this is great because when i was in school we didnt play b-ball
    I thought there was always a baseball team?? Softball is relatively new.

rhs78

Originally posted by CheerMom
    I thought there was always a baseball team?? Softball is relatively new.
    cheermom i do not remember when it srarted at rice,but i know there was not a field on the property(of course i may have a mental block b/c i idin't play) that i recall, its only been a few years!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

They played when the high was first built in 71, because my brother played. Hubby played from freshman year until senior year and we graduated in 82. Field has always been where it is now, it just faced the other way--stands were where left field is now.