Default Lady Bears in Elite 8

after beating the manly ladies from minnesota...sic'em!

Administrator/Owner LH Panther Mom's Avatar

WooHoo! Congrats!
    Quick side! Strong side! Crank up the Machine!

All-American

Good job ladies!
    Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
    kep is always 100% serious. He doesn't joke and doesn't like people who do.

All-American

Way to go Baylor!

Go Sinton Pirates and Lady Pirates! I also like old movies like "Dawn at Socorro." I also like the Tour de France. I like the Pelican West Band located at South Padre Island, Texas. Phil is PhiI is Bill is the compassion police. He is also the Sinton Matador. Some call him the Sinton Prophet. {Also Captain Obvious. } BEWARE OF THE HOWLING BEAR! He's going for the Corner - he's got it! Roy Orbison rules.
    Phil C Cares!

Administrator/Owner LH Panther Mom's Avatar

Sahen, I had a bad feeling about the Lady Raiders playing Tennessee 2-3 days ago. I told hubby I didn't they'd win & that I hoped if that was the case, that I was rooting for the Lady Bears the rest of the way.

Turns out that I was right. They stunk it up yesterday.

Sic 'em, Lady Bears. (Now humming the Star Wars theme & doing the "claw".)
    Quick side! Strong side! Crank up the Machine!

All-American

I'm rooting for them. Simply because it's Baylor and they need something to be good in so why not women's basketball.

Baylor has really bounced back after all the turmoil surrounding the school in recent years. Success in athletics is probably the best thing for them now. So go Lady Bears!

Also, when Conradt retires, KMR should be at the top of the list to take her place.
    All-Time Series Record: 60-43-5

Alumnus:

Gainesville Leopards
    The University of Texas (B.S.)
    West Texas A&M University (M.A.)
    University of Nebraska (future Ph.D)

Originally posted by KTJ
    I'm rooting for them. Simply because it's Baylor and they need something to be good in so why not women's basketball.

Baylor has really bounced back after all the turmoil surrounding the school in recent years. Success in athletics is probably the best thing for them now. So go Lady Bears!

Also, when Conradt retires, KMR should be at the top of the list to take her place.
    u couldnt be any more arrogant, condescending and wrong...but whatever atleast ur pulling for the lady bears...

Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
    Sahen, I had a bad feeling about the Lady Raiders playing Tennessee 2-3 days ago. I told hubby I didn't they'd win & that I hoped if that was the case, that I was rooting for the Lady Bears the rest of the way.

Turns out that I was right. They stunk it up yesterday.

Sic 'em, Lady Bears. (Now humming the Star Wars theme & doing the "claw".)
    i was pulling for the lady raiders too and was disappointed in that game....oh well, hopefully the lady bears can win 2 more and bring a national title home to baylor in women's bball...

All-American

Originally posted by sahen
    u couldnt be any more arrogant, condescending and wrong...but whatever atleast ur pulling for the lady bears...
    What's arrogant, condescending, and wrong about that post?

Please explain.

Alumnus:

Gainesville Leopards

All-American

ttt

Alumnus:

Gainesville Leopards

arrogant....it seems arrogant to think that KMR would go to UT after she has built a power at Baylor...UT fans (not all UT fans just a good amount that i have encountered) seem to think they have a divine right to all the good coaches, it kinda gets under my skin....stuff like that, maybe u didnt mean it that way but when i read it, it came across that way....i seriously do not see KMR leaving baylor at all, barring someone offers her a ridiculous amount of money....baylor would match any big offer, but not ridiculous...plus i believe she signed an extension last year, however she will prolly get a nice raise after this year...
    condescending, i dont remember why i wrote that....it was last night so maybe it wasnt condescending just sounded good r something...honestly i cant remember y.....so i take that back
    wrong....we dont need a sport to be good at, we are already good at plenty of sports the problem is no one is aware of it because it isnt football or men's basketball....however im sure u are aware we r good in baseball.....baylor's athletic program is looked down apon because of their horrible showing in football the last 10 years, however football does not make your program...right now baylor has 7 of the 11 sports they r playing in the spring ranked in teh top 20...we are doing fine in athletics if football and men's basketball (by far our 2 worse sports) would pick it up then we would basically be stanford w/o the history...

All-American

Well see, you've assumed that I meant all of those things in my original post, but yet I didn't mean those things at all. The first comment was tounge-in-cheek, hence the smiley face. Everything else was just a thought--nothing more and nothing less.

Yes, she's built a good program at Baylor and if she stays there, that's fantastic. But you, as well as everyone else, knows that coaching at a school for forever isn't set in stone. But if she keeps building a Tennessee-like program at BU, then she'll be there for a good while.

Alumnus:

Gainesville Leopards