Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    spiveyrat

Default American Idols get another shot tonight

Story here

Did ya'll watch last night? That Underwood girl blew me away!

Default Re: American Idols get another shot tonight

Originally posted by spiveyrat
    Story here

Did ya'll watch last night? That Underwood girl blew me away!
    She did great!!

She has been my hands down favorite since the audition episodes!

No doubt, Carrie is my favorite too!

Isn't it strange that after a bombing everyone blames the Crazy Azz bomber(s), but after a shooting the problem is the gun?

spiveyrat

I agree with Simon, she ought to win.

Originally posted by spiveyrat
    I agree with Simon, she ought to win.
    speakin of simon.. did you see how paula was all over him when he agreed with her. She was having a GOOD time last night.. wonder what was in her cup!

~Not keeping her opinion to herself since Oct. 2002~

From what I am reading....they won't sing again, they will just re-cap last nights performances with maybe some interviews or something. They will open the phone line again for 2 hours and have the results show tomorrow.

What I don't get is, the performance shows are supposedly taped on Monday, I can't believe SOMEONE didn't pick up on the numbers being off before last night.

Public Relations ploy maybe???

spiveyrat

I wondered if it was a "stunt" myself.

To tell ya the truth.. i didnt even notice the numbers were wrong.. dont know if that was bc RM and all of us were in the chat or what.. all i know is i hope a certain ANNOYING chick gets voted off!

~Not keeping her opinion to herself since Oct. 2002~

Letterman

I think that they are LIVE on Tuesday Nights....

Originally posted by bccards
    I think that they are LIVE on Tuesday Nights....
    That is what I always thought...but have read several different places this morning saying the only live show is the results show!

So....I don't know!!

AggieJohn

Originally posted by CHS_CG
    speakin of simon.. did you see how paula was all over him when he agreed with her. She was having a GOOD time last night.. wonder what was in her cup!
    why coca cola, remember they have a sponsorship

Everybody get ready to call me "cynical", but I have a theory about all "reality" shows. This segment of the entertainment market has become so huge, that I don't think that the producers of these shows leave anything to "chance". I think the producers manipulate the scenarios and the outcomes of all of these shows based on intense market and psychological research to achieve maximum audience viewing and reaction. I think they go so far as to "coach" participants on what reactions they want and "script" them accordingly for maximum impact. I don't think the voting of AI is even considered, I think the producers determine the outcomes dictated by maximum viewing share tendencies. This started years ago with the "$64,000 Question" quiz show scandals.

lepfan

Default Re: Re: American Idols get another shot tonight

Originally posted by Ranger Mom
    She did great!!

She has been my hands down favorite since the audition episodes!
    See there....not all Okie's are bad

Ya know I am your favortie one

spiveyrat

Originally posted by Bullaholic
    Everybody get ready to call me "cynical", but I have a theory about all "reality" shows. This segment of the entertainment market has become so huge, that I don't think that the producers of these shows leave anything to "chance". I think the producers manipulate the scenarios and the outcomes of all of these shows based on intense market and psychological research to achieve maximum audience viewing and reaction. I think they go so far as to "coach" participants on what reactions they want and "script" them accordingly for maximum impact. I don't think the voting of AI is even considered, I think the producers determine the outcomes dictated by maximum viewing share tendencies. This started years ago with the "$64,000 Question" quiz show scandals.
    Tsk, tsk, tsk. Such a cynic!

All-American

Default American Idol

Originally posted by Bullaholic
    I read also that alot of Paula's and Simon's "bickering and fighting" is scripted. I guess to draw more interest to the show. BTW,some trivia for ya. Remember the first season of AI,they had two hosts,Ryan Seacrest and one other person. Can anyone name him?