Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Default A serious tattoo question...

Do most young men, say ages 17-25, want a tattoo? I have had an ongoing "difference of opinion" with my son for some time now. Just curious what you guys (and gals) might think ...maybe I need a fresh perspective??

Administrator/Owner LH Panther Mom's Avatar

Default Re: A serious tattoo question...

Originally posted by AP Panther Fan
    Do most young men, say ages 17-25, want a tattoo? I have had an ongoing "difference of opinion" with my son for some time now. Just curious what you guys (and gals) might think ...maybe I need a fresh perspective??
    I have one in that age group. He has absolutely NO interest in getting one.
    Quick side! Strong side! Crank up the Machine!

I want to do a tattoo... have wanted to since I was younger, but my 'reasons' have changed...

Instead of wanting one just to have one and be cool, I want one to remember my sister...

I would say that a lot of guys I know 'want' one, but they have different degrees of 'want'... but they do want one...

pirate44

im not in that age group any more, but i can say i never had a want to have a tattoo. working in a formal business setting, i can see where one that is visable would be frowned upon.

Default Re: Re: A serious tattoo question...

Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
    Good for him (and you). I keep thinking mine will change his mind.

Gobbla ... you are refreshing. I wish my son's intentions required as much thought as yours do.

Default Re: Re: A serious tattoo question...

Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
    my older boys each have tatoos - The oldest son did his in a drunken stuper one night...... the middle son got his while in college.......... youngest at this time has NO DESIRE to get one......

Isn't it strange that after a bombing everyone blames the Crazy Azz bomber(s), but after a shooting the problem is the gun?

All-American

Default Re: Re: Re: A serious tattoo question...

Originally posted by 44INAROW
    [B youngest at this time has NO DESIRE to get one...... [/B]
    mine either...oldest did have pierced eyebrow for about 2 months and let it close up...never came up again in conversation...
    STATE CHAMPIONS 1973, 1974, 1987
    STATE FINALISTS 1970, 1975, 1985
    1986, 1993, 1998, 2004

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: A serious tattoo question...

Originally posted by gobbler grad
    mine either...oldest did have pierced eyebrow for about 2 months and let it close up...never came up again in conversation...
    sometimes if you don't give them resistance, they forget bout it...... I hope that is the outcome AP Panther Fan has too

Isn't it strange that after a bombing everyone blames the Crazy Azz bomber(s), but after a shooting the problem is the gun?

All-American

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: A serious tattoo question...

sometimes if you don't give them resistance, they forget bout it...... I hope that is the outcome AP Panther Fan has too
    I agree 44...
    STATE CHAMPIONS 1973, 1974, 1987
    STATE FINALISTS 1970, 1975, 1985
    1986, 1993, 1998, 2004

in a way...i want one, but then again i dont.....

if i were to get one....it wouldnt be the 'tribal' stuff or barbed-wire or anything sports related, i want something that symbolizes kind of where i came from, for example my dad has a tattoo of a bull on his calf, he was drunk when he got it, but the reson he got it is cuz he grew up working cattle and thats just part of his life, we still raise cattle, so thats what i would get is something that has to do w/ a western theme or cattle....to me the tribal stuff woul be cool until i graduated college, then it's just trashy, plus what would my patients think in the future having a doctor w/ barbed-wire on his arm

Official 'Ham' of F.A.N.T.O.M.

I wonder if those that do get them regret it later in life...guess it depends on what they get.

I have girlfriends that have them and then I also have a friend that has had one removed.

There really is no right or wrong answer, just personal preference, I guess...

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: A serious tattoo question...

Thanks '44, but I have been resisting for about a year now...and it just won't go away. Luckily, when I say no, he understands I mean it...

Administrator/Owner LH Panther Mom's Avatar

Originally posted by AP Panther Fan
    I wonder if those that do get them regret it later in life...guess it depends on what they get.

I have girlfriends that have them and then I also have a friend that has had one removed.

There really is no right or wrong answer, just personal preference, I guess...
    Be thankful he only wants a tattoo. One day, where I used to work, a kid came in showing off the brand he got in the middle of his stomach.
    Quick side! Strong side! Crank up the Machine!

IT depends... if you get it on your forehead and want to become president one day, that could be a 'regret' type of situation...

If you get one of your girlfriend, then you break up and she throws you clothes out on the lawn... that could be a 'regret'...

It you get one of your astrological sign etc..., and it's hidden... that can be a 'oh, crap, I forget I even had a tattoo, why did I get that? Oh well, atleast it's not devil horns'...

It just depends on the content of the tattoo...

my parents resent the idea, but my dad would prefer me get a tattoo that getting something pierced, one time i came home w/ a magnetic ear-ring in my ear and it looked so real....well whenever i went up to him to say hi and see if he would say anything, he just slapped my ear then ripped off the fake ear-ring, cept he though it was real.....that made my decisioon for me on the piercing subject.........but i still wanna get my nipples pierced for the helluvit

Official 'Ham' of F.A.N.T.O.M.