Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Horns Blow It

All-American

Default Horns Blow It

Texas men lost to Colorado 81-69.

The Lady Horns jumped up 17-0 on KSU, but fell 72-69.
    Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
    kep is always 100% serious. He doesn't joke and doesn't like people who do.

All-American

yeah...that stung a little.
    "Those who would give up an essential liberty for temporary security deserve neither..." Ben Franklin

All-American

Who cares. Conference tournaments don't matter. The only thing they do is move your NCAA seeding either up or down. By the time the tourney starts, people know whether you're in or out--for the most part.

And I'll take these two losses if it means getting Nina for the Ladies and Syd and Kenton for the men some rest. We need healthy bodies for the tournament.
    All-Time Series Record: 60-43-5

Alumnus:

Gainesville Leopards
    The University of Texas (B.S.)
    West Texas A&M University (M.A.)
    University of Nebraska (future Ph.D)

All-American

Originally posted by KTJ
    Who cares. Conference tournaments don't matter. The only thing they do is move your NCAA seeding either up or down. By the time the tourney starts, people know whether you're in or out--for the most part.

And I'll take these two losses if it means getting Nina for the Ladies and Syd and Kenton for the men some rest. We need healthy bodies for the tournament.
    yeah, but it still stung a little. wanted them to win it all...both of them.
    "Those who would give up an essential liberty for temporary security deserve neither..." Ben Franklin

AggieJohn

yeah ags blew it too

2013, 2015, 2016 3ADL FF Champ jason's Avatar

Originally posted by KTJ
    Conference tournaments don't matter.
    i disagree...conference tournaments are a HUGE deal for bubble teams...

take a&m for example - the only hope for them to make the ncaa tournament was to win the conference tournament....guess they'll be watching from their dorms...

AggieJohn

Originally posted by jason
    i disagree...conference tournaments are a HUGE deal for bubble teams...

take a&m for example - the only hope for them to make the ncaa tournament was to win the conference tournament....guess they'll be watching from their dorms...
    or during the NIT tourney

Letterman

Aggies will get NIT invite.

All-American

Originally posted by AggiesAreWe
    Aggies will get NIT invite.

If they don't it would be a shame.

Go Sinton Pirates and Lady Pirates! I also like old movies like "Dawn at Socorro." I also like the Tour de France. I like the Pelican West Band located at South Padre Island, Texas. Phil is PhiI is Bill is the compassion police. He is also the Sinton Matador. Some call him the Sinton Prophet. {Also Captain Obvious. } BEWARE OF THE HOWLING BEAR! He's going for the Corner - he's got it! Roy Orbison rules.
    Phil C Cares!

All-American

Originally posted by KTJ

I agree with you KTJ. There is no doubt that if Nina had been playing it would have been a difference even though the Ladies almost pulled it off but played sloppy on offense and defense the last ten minutes and lost it. Still Texas should get a fairly good seed in the playoffs. What is the status on Nina? Will she be ready for the playoffs?

Go Sinton Pirates and Lady Pirates! I also like old movies like "Dawn at Socorro." I also like the Tour de France. I like the Pelican West Band located at South Padre Island, Texas. Phil is PhiI is Bill is the compassion police. He is also the Sinton Matador. Some call him the Sinton Prophet. {Also Captain Obvious. } BEWARE OF THE HOWLING BEAR! He's going for the Corner - he's got it! Roy Orbison rules.
    Phil C Cares!

All-American

Originally posted by rockdale80
    yeah, but it still stung a little. wanted them to win it all...both of them.
    Rockdale--honestly, there was no way the men would have won it all. The women vs. Baylor in the finals would have been a great matchup. But considering how many people we have hurt on both teams, we need the rest.

And yeah, a bubble team needs the conference tourney, such as A&M. But the tournament doesn't have as much weight as people think it does. And honestly, I don't think A&M was on the bubble. I think they were NIT bound to begin with. The OOC schedule was too weak, although their RPI did go up this past week. But that was due to the RPI of the Pac-10 being so poor that other schools and conferences around the nation went up.
    All-Time Series Record: 60-43-5

Alumnus:

Gainesville Leopards
    The University of Texas (B.S.)
    West Texas A&M University (M.A.)
    University of Nebraska (future Ph.D)

All-American

Originally posted by KTJ
    Rockdale--honestly, there was no way the men would have won it all. The women vs. Baylor in the finals would have been a great matchup. But considering how many people we have hurt on both teams, we need the rest.

And yeah, a bubble team needs the conference tourney, such as A&M. But the tournament doesn't have as much weight as people think it does. And honestly, I don't think A&M was on the bubble. I think they were NIT bound to begin with. The OOC schedule was too weak, although their RPI did go up this past week. But that was due to the RPI of the Pac-10 being so poor that other schools and conferences around the nation went up.

about the men....I have seen crazier things happen. I know they lost alot of their team this year, but that doesnt mean I cant hope....

All-American

No matter what the men do it has been remarkable considering the circumstances this year.
    I hope the ladies can reach their potential and Nina can come back. They were expected to make a good run with the seniors they have and hopefully they will do so. However now there is no tomorrow and one loss and you are out. Go Lady Horns!

Phil C Cares!

The state of Texas is 0-3 so far in the Big 12 tourney

AggieJohn

mwynn you changed your avatar.........and the mood around aggieland is that maybe we can get a sneak in birth into the NCAA's postseason kind of like we got hugely lucky with the cotton bowl....