4.IRAAN
    5.MONAHANS
    6.BALLINGER
    7.SONORA
    8.MIDLAND GREENWOOD
    9.ANDREWS
    10.CRANE

NOTE: DID NOT INCLUDE ABILENE SCHOOLS AS WEST TEXAS
    FOOTBALL PROGRAMS BUT ABILENE WYLIE WOULD DEFINETLY BE ONE OF THE TOP 5 IF SO

All-District

11.WINK

lobo12

in no way is wink 11. are you talking about recently or going back a couple of decades

2013, 2015, 2016 3ADL FF Champ jason's Avatar

is that list based on anything? or just something you came up with...

*** Ejected Player ***

I would have to put Roscoe in the top 10 for sure. INCLUDING Abilene schools, mine would go like this:

1. Sweetwater
    2. Midland Lee
    3. Ballinger
    4. Abilene Wylie
    5. Panther Creek...one of THE dominant 6-man programs
    6 (tie). Odessa Permian...drop off lately causes the hurt in ranking
    6 (tie). Abilene High...has returned to the top after a long time at the bottom
    7. Sonora
    8. Midland Greenwood
    9 (tie). Iraan
    9 (tie). Roscoe
    10 (BONUS). Breckenridge

My case for Breck goes as follows. Obviously they are not in West Texas but they were THE team for many years from a so-called "oil town." which is what the majority of West Texas towns are. You can classify a WTX town by one of two things: oil or cotton. Even though the town has dropped off considerably in recent years, they are still one of the most respected programs out there and they carry a tradition that is second-to-none. I would actually put them ahead of Greenwood and add in Abilene Cooper at 10, but since they arent a geographic WTX town then they must be put at the bottom of my list.

*** Ejected Player ***

gah I keep posting under my brother's name cuz he keeps logging in on this computer...anyways I will re-post it so as not to confuse the author. We can't give him credit for my posts now!

I would have to put Roscoe in the top 10 for sure. INCLUDING Abilene schools, mine would go like this:

1. Sweetwater
    2. Midland Lee
    3. Ballinger
    4. Abilene Wylie
    5. Panther Creek...one of THE dominant 6-man programs
    6 (tie). Odessa Permian...drop off lately causes the hurt in ranking
    6 (tie). Abilene High...has returned to the top after a long time at the bottom
    7. Sonora
    8. Midland Greenwood
    9 (tie). Iraan
    9 (tie). Roscoe
    10 (BONUS). Breckenridge

My case for Breck goes as follows. Obviously they are not in West Texas but they were THE team for many years from a so-called "oil town." which is what the majority of West Texas towns are. You can classify a WTX town by one of two things: oil or cotton. Even though the town has dropped off considerably in recent years, they are still one of the most respected programs out there and they carry a tradition that is second-to-none. I would actually put them ahead of Greenwood and add in Abilene Cooper at 10, but since they arent a geographic WTX town then they must be put at the bottom of my list.

All-District

80'S 90'S AND TODAY LOBO 12

All-American District303aPastPlayer's Avatar

i wonder what a south texas list would look like.... i wonder who would be on top... sinton or calallen

"...I never wanna see you cry... and I never wanna tell her lies..."

lobo12

i dont think you can include greenwood in the top ten, they had a great run in 02, in 01 the went out first round i believe to crane. and 99 was a good team but they didnt have anything before that, i might be wrong but if the list were of recent they could definately be up there

lobo12

i think monahans should be in the top ten, of course im not bias, but i dont think they should be that high, they made it to the quarters alot of years, but they are known for winning games they arent supposed to, i think andrews should be in front of them, other than that it looks good to me

Originally posted by District303aPastPlayer
    i wonder what a south texas list would look like.... i wonder who would be on top... sinton or calallen
    This is my list, going from, but not including San Antonio over to Victoria and then south... and this is all-time, not just past 30 years or so:

1. Cuero
    2. Gregory-Portland
    3. Refugio
    4. Corpus Christi Miller (formerly Corpus Christi High... in here more for their first 50 years than the 30 since then)
    5. Sinton
    6. Three Rivers
    7. Calallen (more of a recent power... since Danaher got there in the mid-80's)
    8. Runge
    9. San Benito
    10. Ben Bolt

Honorable mention goes to George West, Nixon-Smiley, Alice, Edcouch-Elsa Yoakum and Donna... and the Laredo schools get nothing.

I also really want to put Sweeny, Converse Judson, Smithson Valley, Medina Valley, Hondo and Bay City in there, but they're a little too far north.
    F.A.N.T.O.M. CEO

All-District

YES GREENWOOD RECENT SUCCES JUST PUT THEM UP THERE YOU GOT TO GIVE THEM THE NOD COMPARED TO WEST TEXAS SCHOOLS THOUGH STATE FINALS APEARANCE IS BIG. AS FOR ANDREWS NO. HAS WON GAMES SINCE THE 90'S BUT MONAHANS HAS BEEN WINNING GAMES SINCE 70'S AND 80'S DONT FORGET MONAHANS HAS PLAYED A LOT OF FOOTBALL GAMES IN DECEMBER. I ONLY REMEMBER THE 93 ANDREWS TEAM IN DECEMBER AGAINST STEPHENVILLE IN SAN ANGELO 14-10 STEPHENVILLE AND WON THE TITLE THAT YEAR ANDREWS EDGED MONAHANS 20-19 THAT YEAR ON 2 MISSED EXTRA POINTS BY LOBOES AND MISSED FIELD GOAL.

lobo12

i remember that game, it was freezing and monahans missed a field goal as time ran out, great game

Vernon should be in the top 10. They along with Iowa Park and Graham are somewhat on the edge of West Texas. But if it goes by Cotton and Oil then all three are in!

Vernon has a rich football tradition with excellent facilities.

lobo12

forgot about vernon, they have got to be in the top ten for sure, might have to take out crane