Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    AggieJohn

Default I hate Lance Armstrong

now even more reason for me not to like this man.

Leave your wife & kids
    Shack up with another woman
    Be a drunkard before the tour de france
    & then claim that FRANCE should get the olympics over the good US of A

the link doesnt work

LET'S KICK SHELL
    COWABUNGA

F.A.N.T.O.M. Physician and Speech Writer

Bulldog_12

Ummm, I cant find it, your link doesnt work, or its not up anymore.

Administrator/Owner LH Panther Mom's Avatar

The link doesn't work, but the story is up on Yahoo sports.
    Quick side! Strong side! Crank up the Machine!

AggieJohn

THIERS, France (AP) -- Lance Armstrong is picking his country to finish second in the race for the 2012 Olympics.

The Texan endorsed Paris instead of New York when asked Wednesday which city should win the highly competitive bid for the Summer Games.

``To be fair, I think that Paris deserves the Olympics,'' Armstrong said in an interview with The Associated Press. ``I think they were arguably the best candidate in 2008 but for different reasons Paris didn't win, and they went to Beijing.''

The six-time Tour de France champion acknowledged he was torn over the decision, and that his heart was with New York, given ``everything they went through the last four-five years'' -- an apparent reference to the trauma of the Sept. 11, 2001, terror attacks.

But he added: ``If they don't win in 2012, they could win in 2016.''

Armstrong's comments came as the International Olympic Committee's evaluation commission began its four-day visit to Paris. The French capital is competing against New York, London, Madrid and Moscow. The IOC will select the host city on July 6.

``Paris is one of the legendary cities in the world,'' Armstrong said, adding that the Stade de France would be a ``special place for the opening ceremony.''

Officials for NYC2012 had no comment on Armstrong's endorsement.

pirate44

"hate" is a tough word for someone just saying something.

AggieJohn

well i don't like the fact that he is so heralded

Bandera YaYa

'Hate is a strong word....but I "dislike" him also.....adulterer...HE needs to stay in France with all the other losers..Just my opinion!!

AggieJohn

Originally posted by Bandera YaYa
    'Hate is a strong word....but I "dislike" him also.....adulterer...HE needs to stay in France with all the other losers..Just my opinion!!
    WHOOP

sealy#23

I like Armstrong all that he has been through w/ the cancer...and he wins 6 tour de frances........ HATE IS A STRONG WORD U AGGIE...........GO HORNS!!!!!!

I'm a Horn and I respect Armstrongs accmoplishment on the cycle and overcoming cancer but thats about all I respect him for

LET'S KICK SHELL
    COWABUNGA

F.A.N.T.O.M. Physician and Speech Writer

Bulldog_12

Originally posted by sealy#23
    I like Armstrong all that he has been through w/ the cancer...and he wins 6 tour de frances........ HATE IS A STRONG WORD U AGGIE...........GO HORNS!!!!!!
    Wow! I would like to be the first to commend you on a classy post! But anyways, I do like the fact that he has 6 and overcame cancer, but some of the things he has done OUTSIDE his cycling career makes one shudder.

AggieJohn

Originally posted by sealy#23
    nevermind that he aquired cancer before the tour de frances which made him lose all of his body mass. That's why he won six tour de frances.

Administrator/Owner LH Panther Mom's Avatar

Originally posted by AggieJohn
    nevermind that he aquired cancer before the tour de frances which made him lose all of his body mass. That's why he won six tour de frances.
    Actually, the endurance level of his heart is why he won them. The news did a piece on it last summer and compared it to the average endurance level of UT football players. I've forgotten exactly how the numbers compared, but it truly was phenomenal. That, and the rigorous training he puts himself through are the reasons he won.
    Quick side! Strong side! Crank up the Machine!

Originally posted by AggieJohn

O AJ, AJ...you were doing fairly well for a while........so anybody who contracts cancer will have an advantage in certain sports?