Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Aransas Pass Heads to Austin.....

Yesterday, the Aransas Pass Schools celebrated a wonderful season and encouraged their varsity basketball team by having a "traveling" pep rally. The team and cheerleaders went to each campus where they were cheered on by the students.

My eight year old daughter told me about all of the excitement at her campus when the "really tall guy" (Matt Hall) dunked the ball in their gym during the pep rally! Can you imagine the impression these guys made on the younger kids and vice versa...the feeling they received by all of the support and enthusiasm shown by the "future" panthers! Way to go APISD!

This morning the team loaded up on a Charter Bus and went by each school where they were sent off with banners, waves and big smiles ... They are officially on their way! Here's hoping they have a safe trip and truly great memories that will last a lifetime!

pirate44

thats really a great thing to do for the community. it will definately make an impression on the young-uns. thats a memory they will have for the rest of their lives.

good luck AP

Administrator/Owner LH Panther Mom's Avatar

Here's hoping they bring home the title for Region IV!
    Quick side! Strong side! Crank up the Machine!

All-American District303aPastPlayer's Avatar

Bring it Home!!

"...I never wanna see you cry... and I never wanna tell her lies..."

GOOD LUCK PANTHERS.............

Isn't it strange that after a bombing everyone blames the Crazy Azz bomber(s), but after a shooting the problem is the gun?

All-American

Hey AP some of us usually greet the team when they go to State when they pass through Sinton with signs but they never passed through or the time was changed because I was told they would be passing through Sinton at 10 this morning but I guess they changed routes or times. Oh well. Go Panthers! Win State!

Go Sinton Pirates and Lady Pirates! I also like old movies like "Dawn at Socorro." I also like the Tour de France. I like the Pelican West Band located at South Padre Island, Texas. Phil is PhiI is Bill is the compassion police. He is also the Sinton Matador. Some call him the Sinton Prophet. {Also Captain Obvious. } BEWARE OF THE HOWLING BEAR! He's going for the Corner - he's got it! Roy Orbison rules.
    Phil C Cares!

Originally posted by Phil C
    Hey AP some of us usually greet the team when they go to State when they pass through Sinton with signs but they never passed through or the time was changed because I was told they would be passing through Sinton at 10 this morning but I guess they changed routes or times. Oh well. Go Panthers! Win State!
    Not sure what happened with the routes/times ... but what a great idea! I just checked the TSRN website and they are scheduled to broadcast the game tomorrow. I will probably listen to it on the computer rather than the radio (but have a radio handy, just in case).

Geez, it is a nice day today ... I think we should all take the day off!

Go get 'em AP!!! Bring one home for the Coastal Bend!
    CALALLEN WILDCATS

TRADITION NEVER GRADUATES

Letterman

Thumbs up

Great story and good Luck AP!

All-American

AP Panther Fan, which station will the game be on?
    Good Luck Panthers!!!
    PLAY GREAT AND TAKE STATE!!!!!

Originally posted by SintonFan
    AP Panther Fan, which station will the game be on?
    Good Luck Panthers!!!
    PLAY GREAT AND TAKE STATE!!!!!
    Here locally, 91.1 FM ... but if you're in San Antonio, getting it from the Texas Sports Radio Network website will probably work best. I am thinking that is what I will do because the broadcast is so clear. I listened to one of our games a couple of years ago on tsrn and it was "the next best thing" to being there!

All-American

Isn't 91.1 one of those 500 watt powerhouses?

Originally posted by SintonFan
    Isn't 91.1 one of those 500 watt powerhouses?
    Not sure ... tried to listen while watching a baseball game over the weekend. The reception was okay, but I was distracted also....

All-American

Default Re: Aransas Pass Heads to Austin.....

Originally posted by AP Panther Fan
    Yesterday, the Aransas Pass Schools celebrated a wonderful season and encouraged their varsity basketball team by having a "traveling" pep rally. The team and cheerleaders went to each campus where they were cheered on by the students.

My eight year old daughter told me about all of the excitement at her campus when the "really tall guy" (Matt Hall) dunked the ball in their gym during the pep rally! Can you imagine the impression these guys made on the younger kids and vice versa...the feeling they received by all of the support and enthusiasm shown by the "future" panthers! Way to go APISD!

This morning the team loaded up on a Charter Bus and went by each school where they were sent off with banners, waves and big smiles ... They are officially on their way! Here's hoping they have a safe trip and truly great memories that will last a lifetime!
    Gainesville did something similar to that the years they went to State. It was really awesome.
    All-Time Series Record: 60-43-5

Alumnus:

Gainesville Leopards
    The University of Texas (B.S.)
    West Texas A&M University (M.A.)
    University of Nebraska (future Ph.D)

AP-fan

Thanks for the kind words, it's nice to know we have some fans outside of AP. We're all "one" for a few more days. Next week it's back to district play.

Off to Austin in about an hour, hopefully the 1st of two trips.

AP-fan
    Class of 82