All-American

Default Former Sinton Softball Pitcher pitches Near Perfect Hitless game.

I found that Amanda Stevens who pitched for the Sinton softball team (and also played great basketball and volleyball) and who is a senior pitcher for Texas Lutheran University pitched a fantastic game last weekend agains University of Arkansas in the Ozarks. In 7 innings she struck out 21 batters! Fantastic! Unfortunately there was no run support and the score was 0 - 0. In the extra inning they put runners on second base and one of the Arkansas players got a pot fly to advance her thus stopping a perfect game. Texas Lutheran still held them out of there and went on to win 3 to 0. It would have been perfect if the game could have ended in 7 innings. Gotta have that run support though. Way to go Amanda! The Riflearm from Sinton!!
    Last edited by Phil C; 03-09-2005 at 09:17 AM.

Go Sinton Pirates and Lady Pirates! I also like old movies like "Dawn at Socorro." I also like the Tour de France. I like the Pelican West Band located at South Padre Island, Texas. Phil is PhiI is Bill is the compassion police. He is also the Sinton Matador. Some call him the Sinton Prophet. {Also Captain Obvious. } BEWARE OF THE HOWLING BEAR! He's going for the Corner - he's got it! Roy Orbison rules.
    Phil C Cares!

All-American

I forgot to mention it was 21 straight batters - not just 21 batters.

Go Sinton Pirates and Lady Pirates! I also like old movies like "Dawn at Socorro." I also like the Tour de France. I like the Pelican West Band located at South Padre Island, Texas. Phil is PhiI is Bill is the compassion police. He is also the Sinton Matador. Some call him the Sinton Prophet. {Also Captain Obvious. } BEWARE OF THE HOWLING BEAR! He's going for the Corner - he's got it! Roy Orbison rules.
    Phil C Cares!

pirate44

Originally posted by Phil C
    I forgot to mention it was 21 straight batters - not just 21 batters.
    amazing performance. makes us Sinton folk proud.

OnceABuc

Actually she struck out ONLY 13 of the 25 batters she faced over 8 inningsin this game. In last Fri & Sat games she struck out 20 over 17+ innings, recording 2 shutouts but lost to a very good East Texas Baptist team 4-0. Pitchers, always remember that if you have that 0 on your side of the ledger, you will lose that game on matter how well you pitch (or as BPhill says - Run Support!).

All-American

Thanks for the correction once! A remarkable performance!

Phil C Cares!