Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    All-American

Default Kirbyville vs Silsbee-maybe the best football game in 3A next year!

In looking over the big picture these two teams are really loaded with returning talent. They both beat Jasper last year with very young talent and of course #3 team in the District did a great job in the finals.
    I think that Silsbee will be a team to be a real bonafide thread in all sports, not just football. Comments?

Default Re: Kirbyville vs Silsbee-maybe the best football game in 3A next year!

Originally posted by Old Cardinal

I think that Silsbee will be a team to be a real bonafide team in all sports, not just football. Comments?
    I agree

jet sweep

I agree with everything said about silsbee except the bit about the kirbyville match up......if u were at the game last year, you know that silsbee dominated the wildcats. i think they beat them by 25 or so........i am much more interested in the silsbee-jasper matchup........kirbyville is a good team, but i don't think they are in the same echelon as silsbee and jasper....just my opinion. i look for silsbee and jasper to beat kirbyville and set the stage for a week 10 matchup for the district title. silsbee is having an unbelievable year in athletics........i think they have won district in every varsity sport so far!!!

Bulldog_12

Im with you, I think the Jasper-Silsbee matchup will be good again this next year, at least better than Silsbee and K-ville. I know they both beat Jasper, but even a blind hog finds an acorn every once in a while.

Default Re: Re: Kirbyville vs Silsbee-maybe the best football game in 3A next year!

Originally posted by Astrosdawg07
    I agree
    I think they aren't a threat to be..they already are...

It has been a while but I'm glad they are back.

89JDAWG

I think the k-ville vs silsbee game is in k-ville this year if so then it should be closer than last year.

jet sweep

Originally posted by 89JDAWG
    I think the k-ville vs silsbee game is in k-ville this year if so then it should be closer than last year.
    I agree, but homefield or not, silsbee was bigger, faster, and more talented than kirbyville and a whole bunch of them are back.

gato 76

Wharton has 2 really tough non district games the Cuero game and the game against ElCampo.I see Wharton winning both games this year.

All-American

Some folks discounted Kirbyville and got beat by them last year. I think that the strength of the returnees will make the Wildcats a real candidate. For me to think they are a non- premium class team is not a reasonable alternative for me.

Originally posted by gato 76
    Wharton has 2 really tough non district games the Cuero game and the game against ElCampo.I see Wharton winning both games this year.
    Those are both going to be real tough games. Cuero will still be a top-5 team next year and from what I've heard El Campo's program really turned the corner last year.
    F.A.N.T.O.M. CEO

All-American

Does Silsbee have that big QB back or Des Doss? I felt like they were the leaders of that team.

jet sweep

unfortunately both doss and porter were seniors. i have heard that the underclassmen over in silsbee are very very good. porter was good, but replaceable....doss was special and i'm not sure that silsbee will be as effective passing the ball as they were last year. they will have a very skilled o-line and a lot of speed in the back field.

All-American

Like WO-S and Jasper, speed has never been a problem for Silsbee.

gato 76

Big daddy russ,Cuero lost alot from last year team,and i know they had some real good sub varsity teams.ElCampo also lost alot from last year team,but as long as EC has Bob Gillis as there coach they will always be tough.As far as i know Wharton does return some talented skill people,they may hurt in the offense line some but i think they should be ok there.What Wharton has to do is find a way to stop the run,and they may have the people to do it this year.If they can learnto play defense they may surprise some people in region 4.But i feel they can take Cuero and ElCampo this year.