Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Green Ranger

Default Greenwood New Man?

On other boards, rumor has it Owens has taken Monahans. If sources are correct that leaves Taylor and Liles. Still find it funny that this has been kept so quiet. If Owens is the man at Monahans I wish him the best of luck and may the best man win in Greenwood.

*** Ejected Player ***

Has Ballinger beat Greenwood in the last 5 years???

Wtx_coach

No ohwell, but sometimes if your team is undersized and the other team has great speed its harc to match up with them, just cause you lose a game that does not mean you got outcoached.

Ask Rangermom and she will tell you how OWens had them boys from Ballinger competing with greenwood every year while other teams were getting killed by Greenwood!!

Originally posted by Wtx_coach
    No ohwell, but sometimes if your team is undersized and the other team has great speed its harc to match up with them, just cause you lose a game that does not mean you got outcoached.

Ask Rangermom and she will tell you how OWens had them boys from Ballinger competing with greenwood every year while other teams were getting killed by Greenwood!!
    What he says is true!!

I would be honored to have Owens leading the Rangers....but if that is not meant to be, I hope we get a coach who is as good as a motivater as Owens is!

Passages-Malibu recovering from a HS football addiction

I met coach Owens once. Really nice man. Good football coach. His kids played their hearts out for him and and his staff showed him great respect. If he's the man, he will do a fantastic job.
    F.A.N.T.O.M. El Presidente
    AKA "El Guapo"
    The greatest dirt waterer to ever live!
    Don't argue with an idiot, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience. - Thanks for that one 44!

justlikesports

The mill (rumor mill that is) here in Lobo land is that Owens will be named the new AD. Very reliable sources have given me that info. March 15 is the date that the board is suppose to make it official. I hope it all works out. Still think it is wrong how they did Coach Hanna, but we have to move on and get ready for new leadership. I am anxious to see who stays and who doesn't from the present staff. I guess it will all be determined very soon. Does anyone know the time table for naming the AD's in Greenwood and Stockton?

*** Ejected Player ***

All I am saying is very few times does a school hire a coach the has not beat them. I do not believe in the theory of not having the same athletes I saw the games. Do not get me wrong I like the Coach at Ballinger a lot good man. I am just saying as I have been he will not be hired at Greenwood and I have set on the Ballinger side several times.

4 years ago the Ballinger was one of the best 3a jobs open. I saw the athletes they competed well and yes there was good coaching.
    Last edited by oh well; 03-02-2005 at 11:06 PM.

Just heard on the news that Greenwood is down to 6 applicants. A coach from Breckenridge (can't remember the name) Taylor from Ozona, Lyles from Midland Lee formerly of Greenwood and 2 internal coaches. I guess the 6th spot is Owens.

They said they should have someone in place by March 14th.
    Last edited by Ranger Mom; 03-03-2005 at 09:16 AM.

lobo12

like said in previous posts he ALMOST beat greenwood twice the year they made their state run which is a lot more that any other team can say that year, he may not have beat them but he gave them a run for their money year in and year out. i remember watching them in 03 when they lost the game when a kid got tackled on the 3 after an amazing kick return play. ballinger did not have many kids on the sideline and greenwood was loaded again that year, and ballinger could have easily pulled it out. monahans or greenwood would be lucky to have mickey owens as their head coach

*** Ejected Player ***

TO say there was not very much talent at Ballinger is not right either. The Ballinger Job 4 years ago was looked at as one of the best jobs open in West Texas. It might have been a better job then Greenwood 4 or 5 years ago. Do not forget how good a job Coach Perser did at Greenwood.

panther power

as far as stockton goes it is still in progress, there have been 15 applicants so far including former stockton coaches as well as new applicants. I'll keep you posted.

*** Ejected Player ***

panther power who do you see as the front runner?

panther power

well i see a former coach taking over, i don't know who exactly but there are 2 in particular. that's just whats I think..

Wtx_coach

A former coach in stockton panther power? That would be a wrong move by the Panthers, they need to hire someone new to the program with a proven record!!

panther power

i agree, maybe a lobo? i hope he has applied. The only thing that would hurt him is the incident, we are going through one right now in town with the school staff that i don't want to get into details with. One former coach has been to the state title game twice in his career, winning it once. In a smaller classification of course, really smaller, He is a good man. Very well respected here in stockton.