Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Default Jasper/WO-S Week 0...

Let's get it goin'....

I say Jasper...

Tell me why I'm right and tell me why I'm wrong...

Bulldog_12

I know 2 reasons its gonna be Jasper, Gilbert Moye and its at the Bone Yard.

All-American

First we have to see if Jasper can make a clean handoff at the state track meet!
    Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
    kep is always 100% serious. He doesn't joke and doesn't like people who do.

All-American

Originally posted by Bulldog_12
    I know 2 reasons its gonna be Jasper, Gilbert Moye and its at the Bone Yard.
    Gilbert Moye is at least three reasons. Moye passing, Moye running, Moye handing off, Moye pitching out, Moye receiving ........... wait, that is more than three! Anyway, Moye will be out to show why he was picked as Rivals Greater Houston Soph of the Year, for ALL classes. Just joking, WOS will come to play and will be tough, as usual.
    Maybe if you didn't try to be so clever, you wouldn't end up looking so stupid.

Supertilley

It's going to be a close game but I say, WO-S this time around.

Reasons

1: Beasly at QB. The most dangerous play maker on the team will now be touching the ball every snap.

2: Wo-s will have a full offseason under the great coach T.

3: Wo-s is very bitter that jasper won last year

4: Wo-s is upset they had a very early exit from the playoffs.

5: Jaspers heads will still be in the clouds because of the great season last year.

Starter

WO-S came close last year and if their defense can get back into old form with a full off season under coach T I like their chanches.If Beasley moves to qb it will give them the same caliber player as Jaspers Moye at that position.However all these are if's so at this point in time I would give Jasper the edge if they had to play today.

Ill be at this game!!!

This game in Jasper this year. If it is , I might go to this one instead of the Cuero-West Oso game.
    "GO MEAN GREEN"
    When we're bad, we're good. When we're good, we're BAD !
    767-380-38

All-American

Originally posted by Old Green
    This game in Jasper this year. If it is , I might go to this one instead of the Cuero-West Oso game.
    Short of the light poles falling down, this game WILL be in Jasper this year! But there may not be enough seats for everyone that might want to see the game. A sell out crowd would not surprise me at all. Jasper fans should be excited to see the Dogs play WOS and WOS always brings a crowd. So, I recommend getting your tickets early.

Originally posted by j_dog
    Short of the light poles falling down, this game WILL be in Jasper this year! But there may not be enough seats for everyone that might want to see the game. A sell out crowd would not surprise me at all. Jasper fans should be excited to see the Dogs play WOS and WOS always brings a crowd. So, I recommend getting your tickets early.
    Will there be room for lawn Chairs ? I'd sure like to see this game.
    "GO MEAN GREEN"
    When we're bad, we're good. When we're good, we're BAD !
    767-380-38

89JDAWG

jasper has a great season every year so their heads wont be in the clouds!!!!

All-American

Originally posted by Old Green
    Will there be room for lawn Chairs ? I'd sure like to see this game.
    You can ask, but I don't think so. They used to sell as many tickets as people were willing to crowd in. Some big 4a games were LITERALLY no standing room from what I have heard. I heard that the fire marshall got into the act and decreed that they had to have a seat available to sell a ticket. Current Jasper residents may be able to shed light on that. It may not even be the case anymore. But for sure, they have already stuck bleachers in everywhere it is conceivable to do so when they were trying to accomodate 4a crowds from WOS, PNG, PA Lincoln, etc. So there is no lawn chair space available in my opinion; and very little "standing room". Anyone who has been to the stadium will understand what I am saying.

I think the best way to assure you can get in would be to contact some Jasper or WOS resident off this Board, or otherwise, and ask them to buy a ticket for you. I will be getting someone to buy me a ticket for sure.

All-American

Originally posted by Supertilley
    It's going to be a close game but I say, WO-S this time around.

Reasons

1: Beasly at QB. The most dangerous play maker on the team will now be touching the ball every snap.

2: Wo-s will have a full offseason under the great coach T.

3: Wo-s is very bitter that jasper won last year

4: Wo-s is upset they had a very early exit from the playoffs.

5: Jaspers heads will still be in the clouds because of the great season last year.
    And you think Jasper is not bitter for losing in the finals? The Dogs will be ready to play football. Heck, you know they never have any trouble getting up to play WOS. And vice versa. This will be a war.

All-American

I think this will be a close one. Moye is very, very dangerous. Kenneth Beasley will be one of the top 10 recruits in the state next year and is being heavily recruited by Michigan, Texas and A&M and will be moving to QB where he last played his freshman year and led the team to an 8-2 district championship in 4A.

I don't know yet what Jasper lost other than Patten and some of the other important skill people. WO-S lost all but 2 lineman on both sides of the ball (which on defense is not a bad thing). The WO-S team will be MUCH stronger under Cornel Thompson. Several of the kids have already increased their total max weight by over 100 pounds which shows just how weak these kids had become over the last 4 years. WO-S will be inexperienced up front on both sides of the ball. If Jasper has a lot up front coming back, they will definitely hold an advantage in that area.

In games between the underclasses last year, the WO-S JV (8-2) won by 2 td's and the Freshman (10-0) team won by 4 td's. I think WO-S will definitely hold the advantage with incoming underclassmen.

Speed, as always, will be dead even.

Jasper has won the last 2 so I feel WO-S will hold a motivation edge.

We're playing at their place, so that is always an advantage.

They also had 4 more weeks of practice last year which ALWAYS helps.

Sooooo.... I think Jasper will have an advantage... on paper...
    Last edited by WOS1; 03-02-2005 at 03:20 PM.