All-American

Default 03-01-05 Baseball and Softball Results

I know a lot of us are interested in basketball playoffs but tonight the Sinton Lady Pirates defeated a good 5A team Corpus Christi King High School by the score of 5 to 4 in a well played game by both sides.

Thank you PPHSfan and Keith7!

Starter

25-AAA 3/1/05

Texas City 6, NEEDVILLE 5
    WHARTON 2, Weimar 0
    SWEENY 2, Sealy 0
    COLUMBIA 17, Boling 0
    Edna 4, PALACIOS 2
    STAFFORD vs ?????
    AMC Lady Tigers -- Back to Back 12-AAAAA Champions!
    Regional Semi-finalists (28-11)

pirate44

WTG Sinton! keep it up

All-American

Does anyone have the results for the Sinton vs Rivera baseball game last night?

Go Sinton Pirates and Lady Pirates! I also like old movies like "Dawn at Socorro." I also like the Tour de France. I like the Pelican West Band located at South Padre Island, Texas. Phil is PhiI is Bill is the compassion police. He is also the Sinton Matador. Some call him the Sinton Prophet. {Also Captain Obvious. } BEWARE OF THE HOWLING BEAR! He's going for the Corner - he's got it! Roy Orbison rules.
    Phil C Cares!

Aransas Pass Varsity Boys win over Odem 9-2.

All-American

According to the Corpus Christi Caller Times Sinton lost to 2A Riviera 8 to 7. Of course Riviera usually has good teams but you hate to lose to a 2A school.

Go Sinton Pirates and Lady Pirates! I also like old movies like "Dawn at Socorro." I also like the Tour de France. I like the Pelican West Band located at South Padre Island, Texas. Phil is PhiI is Bill is the compassion police. He is also the Sinton Matador. Some call him the Sinton Prophet. {Also Captain Obvious. } BEWARE OF THE HOWLING BEAR! He's going for the Corner - he's got it! Roy Orbison rules.
    Phil C Cares!

Originally posted by Phil C
    Does anyone have the results for the Sinton vs Rivera baseball game last night?
    They lost at home 8-7. Aaron Perez (?) pitched last night. Don't know who he is?? I know he pitched in the Poteet Tourney, but not much else. From the Corpus Caller Times box score results:

Riviera 040 201 1 - 8/10/3
    Sinton 010 022 2 - 7/7/2

WP - Joe Hibbler 2-0 LP - Aaron Perez 1-1
    2B - Riviera, AJ Castio // Sinton, Aaron Perez
    3B - Riviera, Andy Griffith

Records: Riviera 4-0 ; Sinton 3-1

The boys are in the Mira's Sports Classic this weekend. They are in Pool A with Carroll, Dripping Springs & Kingsville. Their 1st game is on Thursday (3/3) at 4:30 p.m. vs. Kingsville @ Carroll HS.
    Other teams in this tourney are: King HS, Miller, Robstown, Roma, Bryan, G-P, Moody, Pflugerville, Laredo Cigarroa, Ray, Rockport-Fulton and San Marcos. Lots of talent---these types of tourneys help them down the line.

heh, heh -- just saw Friday's schedule

Sinton vs. Dripping Springs @ 12:30 p.m. at King HS
    Sinton vs. Carroll @ 5 p.m. at Carroll HS
    Last edited by pirate4state; 03-02-2005 at 10:10 AM.

Cuero's headed to Wharton tourney - Thursday through Saturday.. I sure hope the weather cooperates for us all........... and we also have a golf tourney Thursday in Yoakum to squeeze in.. Come on Sunshine!!!

Isn't it strange that after a bombing everyone blames the Crazy Azz bomber(s), but after a shooting the problem is the gun?

Default Re: 03-01-05 Baseball and Softball Results

Originally posted by PhiI C
    I know a lot of us are interested in basketball playoffs but tonight the Sinton Lady Pirates defeated a good 5A team Corpus Christi King High School by the score of 5 to 4 in a well played game by both sides.
    Phil, I'm surprised you didn't mention that one of the King players hit a solo HR!! That same player got a hold of another pitch later in the game for a triple, but actually the centerfielder for Sinton was there and should have made that catch! That 2nd pitcher for King was really bringing it! Smoking -- No problem for our girls.

Our pitcher did an AWESOME job on the mound she wasn't getting alot of calls, but got her pitches when it counted in the bottom of the 7th!! WTG Kirsten! Congrats on the win Lady Pirates.

Letterman

2-21-05
    Columbia 8
    Brazosport 6

WP-Jacob Howard (5 inn., 0 hits, 9 K)
    Save- Brantley Ward (1 1/3 inn, 0 hits, 4 K)
    HR- Brantley Ward (1)

2-25-05
    Columbia 10
    Ganado 0
    5 innings

WP-Adrian Montoya (5 inn, 0 hits, 10 K)
    HR- Jeremy Flanagan, Adrian Montoya, Brantley Ward

3-1-05
    Columbia 11
    Bay City 0
    6 innings

WP-Jacob Howard (6 innings, 0 hits, 7 K's)
    Brantley Ward HR (3rd on year)

Columbia now 3-0.
    Last edited by Johnnypaycheck; 03-03-2005 at 02:29 PM.
    "Take this job and shove it...I ain't workin here no more!"

All-State

[QUOTE]Originally posted by pirate4state
    [B]They lost at home 8-7. Aaron Perez (?) pitched last night. Don't know who he is?? I know he pitched in the Poteet Tourney, but not much else.

Aaron is a sophomore and Kirsten(SB pitcher) is a freshman!