Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: LaGrange

Post LaGrange

The leps are now back on track. Coach V and staff do an outstanding job of circling the wagons and winning from week to week. Good luck against Sealy.

duckbutter

Sealy by 14!

Chris Hart

Whoever converts their extra points, wins this one.

H95

Wink

IT WILL BE A CLOSE ONE LG BYE 7
    SEALY IS JUST AS YOUNG

eye of the tiger

La Grange by one on a last minute score.

LG by 10.

All-American

La Grange surprises everyone, wins by 14.

*** Ejected Player ***

Caldwell has always respected La Grange because they play fair, have good sportsmanship. I wish some of y'all's luck could rub off on us this year. I saw our freshman team play last week and they are going to contend in 2004. They have blasted first two foes by 73 combined points. Some of the top varsity players (12 of them) are sophs so it appears Cobia has the team on the right track. Great speed and a QB that makes Jason Carter look like a junior high kid. Travis DeLeon, remember that name. His passing and our tall receivers move the ball very quickly and we've already returned two punts and a kickoff for a score and DeLeon has completed 65 percent of his passes so far for more than 300 yards. The team is young, but has a promising future. I think they'll make the playoffs by a hair (Rockdale is the obstacle), but beating Cameron and Marlin won't be a pretty task. At least they're at home.
    Anyway, good luck this season and watch out for Sealy. Bellville will annihilate tham later this season. Look for Bellville to go the distance in Division I. Division I and II in 3A will be rather weak this year unless Commerce makes it there... I'd love to see the Jasper vs. Newton game this year....

*** Ejected Player ***

Region I and II are weak this year, I mean. I wish they'd destroy this double division bullsh*t. It takes away from the glory, ya know?

ladydawg03

What ever happened about the move in to La Grange? Did UIL ever say it was ok or not for him to play?

All-American

Originally posted by ladydawg03:
    What ever happened about the move in to La Grange? Did UIL ever say it was ok or not for him to play?
    The UIL appeal was Tuesday. As of last night I have not heard anything. It would be a crime to not let this kid play. His move was clearly for family reasons late last school-year, and he has practiced with the team since last Spring. This is a kid who is trying to put his life in order and overcome some real obstacles, some of which are of his own making but most are beyond his control. I say cut this kids some slack UIL and let him play football, it will be good for him and good for the UIL (proving that they do have good judgment and the welfare of kids at heart).

*** Ejected Player ***

If there really was a move in and they prove it was for athletic purposes, I'd be disappointed in ethics there but I do know Valastro is a conceited jerk. I'm a former sports writer and he was always arrogant and flippant with me on the phone.

All-American

Originally posted by KillerBee:
    If there really was a move in and they prove it was for athletic purposes, I'd be disappointed in ethics there but I do know Valastro is a conceited jerk. I'm a former sports writer and he was always arrogant and flippant with me on the phone.
    A) It is not for athletic reasons and the UIL can never PROVE that regardless of the decision.
    B) Thank you for your kind remarks earlier regarding the La Grange program, which is a product largely of the same individual you feel lacks social graces. So lets agree that Coach V will not be working as a diplomat in the State Department anytime soon. It's about football, not stroking the egos of journalists.

ladydawg03

Actually.. The move in to La Grange was not for family reasons. I believe the real reason was because he was kicked out of his previous schools athletic prgram and the only way to play football again was to move to another school. As i understood he had several chances and blew them all until it was too late.

ladydawg03

my computer messed up when i had posted before. I hope for this young mans being that UIL has passed it to be ok. HE is an awesome football player and can go far. All of us have done stuff in our past that we wish hadn't had happened. I hope what all of you have said about him taking a new direction in life, moving from the environment that he was in will help him. Please keep us posted on how everything goes. I know alot of us in Burnet are hopeing for the best.